Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
Nov 1, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #91 of 5,854
Quote:
The he400 is really proving to be somewhat of a diamond in the rough with regard to budget orthos. It's a shame that it didn't make your list. I suppose that it doesn't really fall in the category of a flagship. 

+1 It'd be great to see how the HE-400 stacks up with these world class headphones.

Nov 1, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #95 of 5,854
You might want to change your mention of the HD 800 pads being non user replaceable. Found out the hard way when I tugged on the outer edge one day. Tore the seam and had to order a new pair. 

Nov 1, 2012 at 4:16 AM Post #100 of 5,854
Well, I think there should be a new saying @ HF:

"Welcome to HPs, David Mahler. Sorry for your life !!"  
wink.gif

No matter whether anyone agrees or not with any of David's findings, this is a Herculean effort.
I am in awe of the quality of layout and the amount of time, energy and dedication that this comparison must have taken.
Let alone the effort accumulating such an amazing collection of gear that allows this to happen.

Thank you so very, very much David.

Cheers,

Raksy.

Nov 1, 2012 at 4:18 AM Post #101 of 5,854
David , thanks for this review, it is awesome in its detail, size and ambition. I have never heard the Orpheus but i have spent some time with the bass heavy R10 and i could not imagine enjoying a headphone more than that , the H90 must be a revelation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back