Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
Apr 16, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #3,496 of 5,854
Well I'm loving both the HE-400 and the HD600 and I don't see myself getting anymore IEM's anytime soon I just wish I would have gone to HP's sooner.  They compliment each other very well with the HD600 having a more neutral and warmer sound while the HE-400 has a more energetic and brighter sound with warm mids.

Apr 16, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #3,497 of 5,854
Hi David,

Before you decided to end this awesome review. I strongly recommend you to review Mad Dog from mrspeakers. It's an awesome sounding cans for the money. I bet you will give it an A++, and plus it doesn't cost you a kidney.

Apr 17, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #3,498 of 5,854
Quote:
Hi David,

Before you decided to end this awesome review. I strongly recommend you to review Mad Dog from mrspeakers. It's an awesome sounding cans for the money. I bet you will give it an A++, and plus it doesn't cost you a kidney.

I'm thinking of getting a pair of the Mad Dogs now, I was going to get a pair of AKG Q701's but the Mad Dog seems to have a sound signature I'd like more.

Apr 17, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #3,499 of 5,854
Quote:

I'm thinking of getting a pair of the Mad Dogs now, I was going to get a pair of AKG Q701's but the Mad Dog seems to have a sound signature I'd like more.

I think I may have already said this, but try to come out to the Dallas meet in May.  I'll have a pair or two of Mad Dogs there.  There should be plenty of good gear to check out.  

Apr 17, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #3,500 of 5,854
Quote:

I think I may have already said this, but try to come out to the Dallas meet in May.  I'll have a pair or two of Mad Dogs there.  There should be plenty of good gear to check out.  

Actually they did seem quite capable for the money. I'll have to spend some more time with them at the...

DALLAS MEET IN MAY Y'ALL C'MON DOWN

lol

Apr 17, 2013 at 1:54 AM Post #3,501 of 5,854
Quote:

Ok I was planning on going to that anyway's.

Apr 17, 2013 at 5:18 AM Post #3,502 of 5,854
Quote:
Hi David,

I would be interested in seeing this as well. It seems like it's one of the most recommend and popular headphones on Head-Fi right now.

Apr 17, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #3,503 of 5,854
I don't know if its my new amp I'm using or what but the treble actually has a nice bit of sparkle and crispness to them now.  This might sound crazy but its not to far behind the treble of the HE-400 now and I know that sounds impossible but that's what I'm hearing and there's no veil to them imo.

Apr 17, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #3,504 of 5,854
Quote:
Hi David,

That's definitely high praise! If I don't get to add it to my review, I will certainly try it at one of the meets.  I can't afford to give up anymore kidneys now! :) and perhaps I'll add it:)

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #3,505 of 5,854
Call me crazy but got rid of my D5000 after getting the MD's. I see the balance talk going on and curious what that would sound like as well now.

Apr 17, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #3,506 of 5,854
Quote:
Call me crazy but got rid of my D5000 after getting the MD's. I see the balance talk going on and curious what that would sound like as well now.

From what I understand, a balanced connection will not inherently change the sound of a headphone in and of itself. It just lowers the noise floor so you get less interference with long cables, like in studio applications where long cable runs can pick up all kinds of noise from all the electronics. The cable itself may change the sound slightly, like switching from a silver to a copper cable.

Apr 18, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #3,507 of 5,854
I don't agree with his view on the audio technicas W5000.!!!!

They are not naisal at all! The outperform the HD 800s for classical and jazz music IMO, specially for tracks with prominent high and upper mid sounds. Although, the soundstage is probably not as good. I power them through a DACPort FYI.

Apr 18, 2013 at 2:42 AM Post #3,508 of 5,854
Quote:

They are not naisal at all! The outperform the HD 800s for classical and jazz music IMO, specially for tracks with prominent high and upper mid sounds. Although, the soundstage is probably not as good. I power them through a DACPort FYI.

It depends on the user. Your set-up is probably a better match for the W5000, and not quite up to par with the HD800's 
rolleyes.gif

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Apr 18, 2013 at 4:08 AM Post #3,509 of 5,854
Quote:

blink.gif

Apr 18, 2013 at 5:28 AM Post #3,510 of 5,854
Quote:

The soundstage "probably" not as good? You haven't heard HD800 from the right system that is for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back