B&O H9 Discussion and Impressions thread
Dec 10, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #33 of 1,671
I got a package from Amazon last night with my H9's.  I've been listening to them all morning and the short answer is that they sound great.  If you want a longer answer, give me a week or so to form a more meaningful view of how these compare to the other headphones I'm listening to these days.  I can say that they have a sound signature not unlike the H8's, with a pronounced low end (that can be lessened, if you want, via the B+O app).

They're certainly the best looking pair of wireless headphones I've seen (but you already knew that) -- and the build quality is fantastic.  It's good that they come with a replaceable battery, because there's nothing disposable about these 'phones.  (Of course, in a few years we'll all be listening to lossless music via Bluetooth 5, but what can you do?)

I may try the noise cancelling on the subway later today.  They don't seem to cut out nearly as much noise as the Sony 1000x's do.  The good news is that, unlike the H8's, there is not a huge difference in the sound whether ANC is on or off.  (The bass seems to drop a bit when you turn the ANC off, which is not necessarily a bad thing.)

Haven't tried them for phone calls yet, but if the microphone is better than the one in the H8's, I'll be happy.

Dec 10, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #34 of 1,671
I ordered my pair directly from B&O upon receiving mail on H9 launch last week.
The sound is very tight, lots of dynamics, extremely detailed, they grow on me.

Noise cancelling is... Well it's worse than H8, true - it's there but almost non-existing.
But don't get me wrong - you forget about the NC once you start the music. :)
I sold my QC35 because MDR-1000x have such a great NC - H9 is nowhere near that NC.
Sound quality wise though - H9 is as good as wireless can get at the moment.

Extremely good B&O quality - they do get a lot attention on street and in metro.

Interesting thing: they look exactly as H7 - apart from discrete external microphones.
I even managed to misplace my H7 for H9 on my way to work and take my H7 thinking they were H9. :)

Anyway, strongly recommend them if you have money to burn..

I'll be happy to reply if you have any questions on H9 - listening to them as I write.

Cheers!7

Dec 10, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #36 of 1,671
I sold my H6 mk2 and replaced them with H9 - with no regrets.
I'd say that H6 mk2 are the best cable headphones I have had - apart from Audeze Sine, yet bass is so masterfully incorporated in the sound of H9 that it creates a new experience, along with the mixture of H6 and H7 sound that the new H9 have in their dna.

Dec 10, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #37 of 1,671

I'd say that H6 mk2 are the best cable headphones I have had - apart from Audeze Sine, yet bass is so masterfully incorporated in the sound of H9 that it creates a new experience, along with the mixture of H6 and H7 sound that the new H9 have in their dna.

I was also dying to hear a comparison. But what you said doesn't sound bad... So would you say they sound wired just as good, just different? Warmer? More bass? I wouldn't mind a slightly more "exciting" sound than my H6Gen2...
And just like you, I would like to replace my H6 with these too, as I'm a lot on the move.

Although... what you said about the NC makes me very very sad ... I was hoping they would be just like the H8 for usage in a plane. But are they really THAT worse?

Dec 10, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #38 of 1,671
H

How would you conpare them with the audeze sine?

Dec 11, 2016 at 3:40 AM Post #42 of 1,671
http://www.head-fi.org/t/801926/b-o-h7-bluetooth-discussion-and-impressions/150

The aforementioned contribution from Sonic doesn't give much to bt 5 for wireless headphones compared to 4.2. Looking forward to hearing about tickings or other noise we used to have with the H7 but with the h9 are no more there. In the beoworld.org in the "H9 released" forum thread they say that H9 had no more these annoying noises at low volume.

Dec 11, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #43 of 1,671
Could someone explain to me how this Beoplay app works?
Is the profile stored in the Headphones or the app? Does the app have to be open while I listen to iTunes and want to use my EQ profile? And if the app doesn't have to be open, can the profile also be used while using wired connection?
Sorry I only have the H6 and can't try it out....

Could also someone try the H9 with the H6 remote cable? In case you have both ... I have this really nice long DJ cable from Beoplay for working at the PC.
Cheers!

Dec 11, 2016 at 7:41 PM Post #44 of 1,671
The app works as long as you're using bluetooth.  You set your preferences in it, and then when the headphone connects to that device, it uses the settings you previous set w/ the headphone.

Dec 12, 2016 at 1:25 AM Post #45 of 1,671
Noise cancelling is... Well it's worse than H8, true - it's there but almost non-existing.

If the noise canceling is almost non-existing, we can just get H7 and save some bucks? 
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back