AustralAsia Group Distribution for Sennheiser connectors.
Jan 17, 2005 at 12:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 87

Garbz

Headphoneus Supremus
Borrowed from Earwax post:
background: In case you didn't see the other thread, Dr. Meier made available to the DIY community a quantity of cable plugs for Senn 580/600/650s from some Oehlbach cables that were not up to spec. Reservations were taken in the other thread and distribution split into three geographic areas.

This is the group buy thread for Australasia including Australia, Asia, and New Zealand ONLY. European, US orders will be ignored.

Dr. Meier is in the business of selling replacement cables, so these plugs are being made available at a low price for non-commercial use only.
The plugs will be the plugs off the olbach cable along with 30cm of cable attached to the end. Whether you wish to snip the end of the plugs or physically cut the plugs to expose the connectors is up to you.

This is how I will run the Australasia side of things:
1. Once i've recieved the plugs I will calculate the cost of plugs and update this page.
2. I'll then calculate individual shipping costs.
3. We then sort the paypal side of things.
4. Once a payment has been recieved the plugs will be sent out.

Paypal and addresses will be organised via email once the list is finalised.

Distribution is limited strictly to 10 plugs only. However if we do in the end have some plugs left over I will waive this limit.

Below is the list of participants so far. If you wish to participate then include your country, and number of plugs you want. I have started with a list compiled by BigEars in the other thread, if you want to be removed let me know.

Code:

Code:
[left]Nick Country/City Number of plugs. Details Received akira Japan, 25 (Limited to 10) Yes skyskraper Australia, Perth 10 (Pay DD) Yes garbz Australia, Brisbane 10 :p kenny12 Australia, Sydney 10 nak man INDONESIA, Jakarta 10 (pay cash) palchiu TAIWAN 10 Yes sft TAIWAN 10 Jogor Philipeans 10 (pay somehow) Yes dreamslacker SINGAPORE 10 ronardi Hong Kong 10 Yes zhoufang SINGAPORE 5 --------------------------------------------------------- Number of plugs remaining 5 (quota for Aus/Asia is 110 plugs)[/left]

Jan 17, 2005 at 1:57 AM Post #2 of 87
Thanks to Dr. Meier, Garbz ,and everyone who buy these plugs.
We make it !

Waiting for the updates, then I'll send my paypal account ad address to you by e-mail.

Thank you again Garbz!

Pal Chiu

Jan 17, 2005 at 2:02 AM Post #3 of 87
Thanks much Garbz ! Y'llGPM
icon10.gif

Jan 17, 2005 at 4:23 AM Post #4 of 87
is it possible for aussies to DD to you? saves you getting whacked with paypal fees, or would you preffer to keep it paypal.

btw: im in perth
wink.gif

Jan 18, 2005 at 1:04 AM Post #5 of 87
Yeah skyscraper, DD will be accepted for Australians only. There's still 30 plugs left. PM me if you want to use DD for your payment.

Magsy and Earwax seem to spend more time online then I do so if you get impatient and are wondering what's happening keep an eye on the other 2 threads. I myself am still trying to figure out how Jan will distribute the plugs and how the payment will be handled.

Jan 18, 2005 at 1:50 PM Post #8 of 87
Garbz, Thanks for your arranging this group buy.
I understand the maximum limit 10, although I had no intension to make money through distributing them in Japan. I still expect at last some pulg could remain, though.

So we can send you a PM when list is finalized, right?

I hope this job is not too much load for you...

Jan 18, 2005 at 3:24 PM Post #9 of 87
I thought that the unit is pair.
I'm interesed in 5 pairs or 10 plugs.
If you count in plugs, please up it to 10 plugs for me.
Thanks

Dreamslacker,
You are in Singapore as well? maybe we can share the shipping.

Jan 19, 2005 at 12:24 AM Post #10 of 87
Hi sorry i'm a bit detached but i'll try and stay on top of things.

What you are recieving is the Olebach cable cut on the amp side of the Y split. So 1 unit = 2 plugs + 30cm of cable on it.

I couldn't care less what you do with the plugs, however just remember they are being offered in good faith. The 10 cable limit is in place more to give a few people a chance. Akira i'm more then happy to give you the 25 cables if we don't have sufficient demant however this is unlikely as there are only 10 left.

110 plugs have been allocated to the Australasia area. These plugs will arrive in 2 weeks. Before then I will organise the final cost of cables and try and sort some basic shipping information.

Given the time we have at this stage i'm only interested in who wants what to which country. Monday the 24th I'll start taking information about shipping and payment details.

There's 10 left and I will NOT accept any late commers because there simply isn't enough supply.

Jan 19, 2005 at 12:29 AM Post #11 of 87
maybe u can update the list so i am only 10 also? im sure someone with none would appreciate 5 more then i would on top of my 10...

Jan 19, 2005 at 2:13 PM Post #12 of 87
Ahh nuts I completely forgot about you and your 5 extras
rolleyes.gif
fixed.

Jan 20, 2005 at 1:42 PM Post #13 of 87
I'm going to the GoldCoast and won't be back till Sunday evening, there's 15 plugs left, first come first served.

If you have any problems post here, if you have any queries ask Magsy or Earwax who are heading the US/Euro distributions which are far more active then this one.

God bless living in the middle of the ocean
wink.gif

Jan 23, 2005 at 1:09 PM Post #14 of 87
Ok i'm back.

Magsy has recieved his shipment of wires. I'm still waiting on mine and probably will for some time. Here's some pictures to keep you wanting: http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showp...9&postcount=36

A reminder that there's still 15 plugs left which will be devided amongst akira and skyscraper if they don't get taken.

I'll sort the payment etc tomorrow and begin getting details from people. Right now it's sleep time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back