Aussie(s) seeking DACs... =)
Aug 1, 2006 at 11:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

d-cee

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys!

Due to my encounter with Aussie-spec Zhaolu (here for info about the "export version") I want to delve into other budget Chinese DACs.

I'm trying to build a system around a NOS DAC and tubes for my chillout system (been told NOS is smoother and more natural). So i checked out DAC-AH as it's pretty cheap. But while searching i spotted the DAC 60 also from Lite.

I prefer to buy locally (for support/warranty and voltage reasons) but as it turns out no one brings them to Aus. Coem has the DAC-AH but none of the other Lite DACs, so i emailed them and got this reply.

Quote:

...we discussed the possibilities of having another special DAC pre-order, this time involving more brands such as Lite , DIYEDEN, DAC in a BOX and of course Zhaolu...

So if any Aussies want to buy Chinese DACs from a local dealer this sounds like a sweet opportunity! they're taking orders now for pretty much any DACs from the above brands.

So I'm thinking this opens up a whole new bag of nuts and a whole lot more possibilities!

I know this is a big ask but has anyone actually heard the DAC-AH, DAC 60 side by side? (or any of the other DACs that from Lite, DIYEDEN, or DAC in Box)

I know there's quite a price difference but with this opportunity I'd love to hear impressions from owners of these DACs as all my reading has accumulated a fair bit of info but I don't think theres been a direct comparisson and I can't really try audition them here either..

thanks in advance!

Aug 1, 2006 at 12:07 PM Post #2 of 12
I haven't heard either - if anyone in Melbourne knows a shop where one could hear the dac-ah I'd be keen to have a listen. Or, if some kind of bulk buy through coem was organised for a reasonable enough rate, I might be interested....

Aug 1, 2006 at 12:17 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbd
I haven't heard either - if anyone in Melbourne knows a shop where one could hear the dac-ah I'd be keen to have a listen. Or, if some kind of bulk buy through coem was organised for a reasonable enough rate, I might be interested....

email em, i think theyre guaging interest and will let you know rough pricing. i think the more people who place interest/pre-order the better the pricing will be as they get it all in together like the last Zhaolu shipment. so if anyone's thinking of any of the products i'd email em...

still waiting on my reply..

Aug 3, 2006 at 10:46 AM Post #4 of 12
*update*

coem are also getting in the D02-A from storm digital =O

Quote:

The D02-A is similar to the D02, however it will include many more digital inputs including USB, I2S and BNC. The battery will be an external option, allowing the D02-A to be a more slim-line component. Another notable feature of the D02-A is the clock-in and clock-out.

Aug 3, 2006 at 1:39 PM Post #5 of 12
clock in, clock out? whats that all about?

Whats the practical differences between dac-ah and dac-60? what kind of price difference is it going to be?

Aug 3, 2006 at 1:59 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by hugz
clock in, clock out? whats that all about?

Whats the practical differences between dac-ah and dac-60? what kind of price difference is it going to be?

The clock in/out is explained here:

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...191441&page=10

Aug 3, 2006 at 2:29 PM Post #7 of 12
Aug 3, 2006 at 2:49 PM Post #8 of 12
Also, check out www.LessLoss.com for more information. Not only do they make one incredible DAC, but their site has a lot of information about common misconceptions and general information. It tied me up for a day
tongue.gif

Aug 4, 2006 at 8:46 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

...Whats the practical differences between dac-ah and dac-60? what kind of price difference is it going to be?...

DAC-AH is 8 paralleleled Philips TDA1543 DACs

the DAC-60 is tube based output and the DAC chip is Burr Brown PCM1704 UK

Quote:

All prices are AUD and come with 1 year Aussie warranty.

Diyeden Sv-04-u - $225
Diyeden Sv-01 - $305
Diyeden Great March - $450

Lite dac-60 - $650
Lite dac-72 - $565
Lite dac-am - $410

DITB - $95

Cs-4398 board - $95

latest email from coem! ^

Aug 5, 2006 at 7:00 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee
DAC-AH is 8 paralleleled Philips TDA1543 DACs

the DAC-60 is tube based output and the DAC chip is Burr Brown PCM1704 UK

latest email from coem! ^

Are those hypothetical prices for if they stock them in the future, or are they going to stock them all? or is it for special orders?

Aug 5, 2006 at 7:29 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Are those hypothetical prices for if they stock them in the future, or are they going to stock them all? or is it for special orders?

i believe that's the current going rates but i think the more interest in generated the better. that's the impression i'm under

Users who are viewing this thread

Back