Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Feb 1, 2014 at 8:39 PM Post #601 of 3,454
The mic looks to be a single-button remote/mic (multi-button requires licensing, etc. and that would take too long).  It will be colored the same as the housings:

Quote: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1285259404/aurisonics-rockets-next-gen-iems-made-in-usa/comments
 This is IP65 Mic and call button only in a titanium housing colored same as your color choice. Ruggedization is the same as the rest of the ROCKETS. We are still working out cable length since we have to consider the antiloop users may use the mic as well.

Feb 1, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #602 of 3,454
If it is a remote control button (pause, replay, skip) then I will switch to it, but so far they are saying it only for answering calls and a mic.

Feb 1, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #605 of 3,454
I'm probably in the minority here, but even if it just had a mic (assuming it works well enough), I'd be happy. I just hate having to pull IEMs out of my ears to switch over when I get a phone call, regardless of whether I'm using the phone or a DAP as the source. Also, I really like being able to take calls while I have great-sounding, well-isolating IEMs in, rather than relying on the inevitably inferior speaker in the handset itself. 

Again, big kudos and thanks to the Aurisonics guys for making this happen. I was already going to be purchasing 3 of these, and now I'm getting 4 and possibly 5. (Only two are for me, I'm not that crazy... yet.) You've basically allowed me to rationalize spending that much more money on your gear, so you're either great at what you do, or enablers of the most insidious sort 
very_evil_smiley.gif

tongue.gif

Feb 1, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #606 of 3,454
sigh... now i regret backing out of the $129 pledge... could have saved $20, now i'm back at $179 ;(
If anyone below the $149 pledge wants to pull out please let me fill in your spot >_<

Feb 1, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #607 of 3,454
If it is a remote control button (pause, replay, skip) then I will switch to it, but so far they are saying it only for answering calls and a mic.

How the single-button (or triple for that matter) works depends entirely on the software of the device.  If your device supports a single-button play/pause/skip/etc, then this remote and mic will support it.  If it doesn't, then this remote won't.  It all goes down to the way that the software handles the single-button feedback (on a triple button remote and mic, it would be the center button that will have this functionality).  In other words, the support for functions on a remote and mic is not in the remote and mic itself, rather, it lives in the software that's running.

For example, my iPhone and dumb LG touchscreen phone both support a single-button (and triple-button, restricted to center button on LG) remote and mic.  However, on my LG, the software only allows me to control answering phone calls using said remote.  On my iPhone, however, I can play, pause, answer calls, contact Siri, skip, go back, scrub, etc. using the morse code system that Apple has created for a single-button remote and mic functionality :p 

Feb 1, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #608 of 3,454
Interested to hear more about this quote from Dale "We got some ideas for controls for later that may be added easily as a retro fit no specifics to give out on that yet though."  

Also do you guys know if Aurisonics/Dale answer PMs on headfi?

Feb 1, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #609 of 3,454
How the single-button (or triple for that matter) works depends entirely on the software of the device.  If your device supports a single-button play/pause/skip/etc, then this remote and mic will support it.  If it doesn't, then this remote won't.  It all goes down to the way that the software handles the single-button feedback (on a triple button remote and mic, it would be the center button that will have this functionality).  In other words, the support for functions on a remote and mic is not in the remote and mic itself, rather, it lives in the software that's running.

For example, my iPhone and dumb LG touchscreen phone both support a single-button (and triple-button, restricted to center button on LG) remote and mic.  However, on my LG, the software only allows me to control answering phone calls using said remote.  On my iPhone, however, I can play, pause, answer calls, contact Siri, skip, go back, scrub, etc. using the morse code system that Apple has created for a single-button remote and mic functionality :p 
I will switch in that case as my phone does the pause rewind forward functions which is good enough for me.

Feb 1, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #610 of 3,454
I will switch in that case as my phone does the pause rewind forward functions which is good enough for me.

Now to wait until May :/  LOL.  That's all I really use my remote and mic for as well.  Rarely ever touch the volume buttons. 

Feb 1, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #611 of 3,454
Good thing I have other stuff to keep me busy LOL. I switched to the mic version.

I actually have been using my K545 a lot as well as Bose QC20. I also decided to try AKG's entry level K323 IEM for fun so I will have till may to sell off a whack of IEM's and headphones laying around unused to help pay for this new toy.

Feb 1, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #612 of 3,454

[…]

My apologies… I thought the convoluted 'morse code' system was limited to the three button… I actually forgot just how convoluted it is, and it makes sense to me now that it works with a single button as well.

Feb 1, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #613 of 3,454

My apologies… I thought the convoluted 'morse code' system was limited to the three button… I actually forgot just how convoluted it is, and it makes sense to me now that it works with a single button as well.

LOL, nope...  The "morse code" system uses the standard input of a single button mic.  A 3-button mic, at its core, is simply a single-button mic + volume controls. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back