Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Dec 27, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #32 of 3,454
So uh... I come back from vacation having spent some pretty decent money and I see that the gears of the hype machine are whirring back up. Splendid :l

Dec 27, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #33 of 3,454
Well that sucks for my wallet. Nice stuff sgs. Any indication of which way this tuning will go or if there will be a choice?

Few quick questions:
Shallow insertion?
Potential lack of strain relief issues?
Any annoyances with insertion or removal?
Targeted market?

It is a very nifty design. And I am in favor of anything inspired by rockets.

Aaand launch website is down?

Depends on your ear but I used deeper insertion. They are tiny, deeper insertion isn't difficult. Easy to remove as well, and most importantly, it was very comfortable, if not forgettable in the ear.

Don't worry about strain reliefs. Aurisonics will produce some videos of the durability of the housings and cable. It's military durable.

Target market is both consumer and audiophile. Something that can be used from child to adult to outdoor active. The reduced sensitivity is a plus for children and for the audiophile market.

Dec 27, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #34 of 3,454
...and it annoys vwinter...hum...very interesting.

I'll forever cherish the moments of repartee we shared Mimouille. Forever.

So uh... I come back from vacation having spent some pretty decent money and I see that the gears of the hype machine are whirring back up. Splendid :l

So par for course then?

Dec 27, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #35 of 3,454
Depends on your ear but I used deeper insertion. They are tiny, deeper insertion isn't difficult. Easy to remove as well, and most importantly, it was very comfortable, if not forgettable in the ear.

Don't worry about strain reliefs. Aurisonics will produce some videos of the durability of the housings and cable. It's military durable.

Target market is both consumer and audiophile. Something that can be used from child to adult to outdoor active. The reduced sensitivity is a plus for children and for the audiophile market.

Thanks. I hope they go flatter with the tuning. I'm really enjoying neutralish sound these days.

Dec 27, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #37 of 3,454
Forgot to answer your tuning question. I have no idea which direction they'll go but I must have pointed 3 or 4 times saying which I preferred.

That being said, I heard the bassier one first and my very first thought was, this is better than the ie800.

Anyway I wouldn't call the flatter one neutral. It still has the Aurisonics family sound but it's the most refined and midcentric Aurisonics sig to date.

Dec 27, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #38 of 3,454
So is the bass on these still tilted towards midbass, or is there a more even keeled split between mid/sub?

Also curious whether you recall any issues with cable noise. Definitely agree on the tri prong outer shell being rather ingenious. They seem really comfy

Dec 27, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #41 of 3,454
I am flattered but most of all love the fact that you used the word repartee. I love French words used in English. Exchanging repartee during a rendez-vous over croissant in a boudoir.

How risqué...
And me too.

Forgot to answer your tuning question. I have no idea which direction they'll go but I must have pointed 3 or 4 times saying which I preferred.

That being said, I heard the bassier one first and my very first thought was, this is better than the ie800.

Anyway I wouldn't call the flatter one neutral. It still has the Aurisonics family sound but it's the most refined and midcentric Aurisonics sig to date.

Haha operation supraliminal messaging is a-go.

Still sounds great.

Dec 28, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #42 of 3,454
suppose to be coming out 1/3/14 right? Get excited?

Sorry for being to lazy to read thru the 4 pages, but anyone know anything? 
basshead.gif

Dec 28, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #43 of 3,454
I'm willing to be an early adopter with these.  SGS - did Dale express having two tuned versions of the Rocket?  Like you, I would prefer for a more flat tuning.

Damn,  that's the first I heard Dale's voice.  Didn't know he had such a thick southern accent.   His Rocket campaign video is very well done.

Dec 28, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #45 of 3,454
Correct only one tuning one version. Hello, sorry been away for a while our team has been working on some really cool new stuff. Of course now you know about ROCKETS. They are pretty amazing to be so small. They use our new 5.1mm micro-dynamic driver which is full range. As Shotgunshane has mentioned has a beautifully refined sound signature. They are really for anything you want to do as the video says. We decided to do a Kickstarter campaign to bring awareness to our brand and new line of IEMs that are more consumer friendly and not just for the Pros. However, we wanted to take consumer products to a new level so we went with a complete Titanium shell and the new cables have three layers of Kevlar so they are super strong yet very soft. You can use them with or without the little tri-tab which does an amazing job at comfortably holding them in your ears when you need more IEM retention. I look forward to your questions about ROCKETS...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back