Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Oct 3, 2014 at 4:30 AM Post #1,846 of 3,454
Tried the rockets at the USF , its extremely tiny and would disappear into someones ear leaving just the cable , the sound sig is very different compared to the likes of ASG 1. While I feel thats its rather boring and nothing special to it , I cant find anything to fault it into. The sub bass and the highest treble in my opinion were pretty much cut off

Still a cute iem though

Oct 5, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #1,847 of 3,454
Tried the rockets at the USF , its extremely tiny and would disappear into someones ear leaving just the cable , the sound sig is very different compared to the likes of ASG 1. While I feel thats its rather boring and nothing special to it , I cant find anything to fault it into. The sub bass and the highest treble in my opinion were pretty much cut off

Still a cute iem though

Different tips can definitely affect the treble. It's pretty extended for me. The sub-bass could use a little more emphasis, but even adding it with eq doesn't have much affect on most music I listen to. I could see more bass heavy genres being affected.

Is anyone else getting their Rockets in yet? I'm sure this thread with blow up next month.

Oct 6, 2014 at 3:58 AM Post #1,849 of 3,454
Hi everyone,

I just received my pair of the ROCKETS (Gold TiN + Black cables) earlier last week and just started listening to them this past weekend.  For the most part, I agree with what many of you are saying from your first impressions about the missing sub-bass and highest treble of the ROCKETS.  I have also personally been struggling with finding a proper fit and seal because of my smaller/more shallow ear canals, which may explain my perception of the treble and sub-bass.

However, I had an extra pair of Comply Foam Tx-500 tips lying around and decided to give them a try on my ROCKETS.  The foam tips were able to fit over the ROCKETS and solved most of my issues with a proper fit and seal (and comfort!).  Moreover, I felt that the Comply tips brought back some of the missing sub-bass.  I've been playing around with this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcyXE5xPbDk

Please let me know what you all think.

Oct 6, 2014 at 5:50 AM Post #1,850 of 3,454
I'm jealous u got the black earloops and I don't. 
frown.gif

I have yet to receive them for my Rockets. Hope u like the sound.

Oct 6, 2014 at 7:31 AM Post #1,852 of 3,454
Hi everyone,

I just received my pair of the ROCKETS (Gold TiN + Black cables) earlier last week and just started listening to them this past weekend.  For the most part, I agree with what many of you are saying from your first impressions about the missing sub-bass and highest treble of the ROCKETS.  I have also personally been struggling with finding a proper fit and seal because of my smaller/more shallow ear canals, which may explain my perception of the treble and sub-bass.

However, I had an extra pair of Comply Foam Tx-500 tips lying around and decided to give them a try on my ROCKETS.  The foam tips were able to fit over the ROCKETS and solved most of my issues with a proper fit and seal (and comfort!).  Moreover, I felt that the Comply tips brought back some of the missing sub-bass.  I've been playing around with this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcyXE5xPbDk

Please let me know what you all think.

Only problem I got with comply tips is their longevity. Never been the biggest fan of foam tips since I like to make stuff last as long as possible.

Didn't know they had black antiloops looks though.

Oct 6, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #1,853 of 3,454

However, I had an extra pair of Comply Foam Tx-500 tips lying around and decided to give them a try on my ROCKETS.  The foam tips were able to fit over the ROCKETS and solved most of my issues with a proper fit and seal (and comfort!).  Moreover, I felt that the Comply tips brought back some of the missing sub-bass.

Thanks for the suggestion on the Tx-500 tips!

Has anybody managed to get Shure Olives onto the Rockets posts?

Oct 6, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #1,855 of 3,454
I would imagine it would be a really tight fit since the nozzle size isn't meant to fit the olives.

I stopped using my custom tips and switched to the sony hybrids. It makes it a bit warmer and takes a bit away from up top but still good enough for me since I'm not really using them to get the best SQ I can get.

Oct 6, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #1,858 of 3,454
i dont  think you can though ? the olives nozzles seems to be really tiny

Yeah there's no way the Shure Olives are fitting on the Rockets. I have a pair and they're more suited for the ER4S which has a way thinner barrel.

A picture of the fit of the Comply Tx-500 on the ROCKETS nozzle:

Try flipping the comply tips upside down. That way there won't be extra foam at any point past the end of the barrel affecting treble emphasis. I might pick up some T500 myself to see how bass is affected.

Dat black gold combo though...

Oct 6, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #1,860 of 3,454
Anyone else running into this issue? it seems my cable sleeve has ripped on both sides.

Yes that happened to my first pair. Aurisonics warranty covers it, and they sent out a new pair right away. You might have to wait for that particular color combo though. I changed from gold to grey so that I didn't have to wait.

Odd that it happened to you as well. Hopefully it's not indicative of a more widespread issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back