Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews
Mar 4, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #1,306 of 2,761

Thanks, so has more to do with the signature and presentation style, rather than "this is better than that".

:)

Mar 4, 2012 at 5:50 PM Post #1,307 of 2,761
I am listening to this and am amazed at the level of clarity and detail the ASG1s have. You can pick out each instrument with ease. It sounds like I am standing where the conductor is, hearing the music from all sides. Really cool experience.

Mar 5, 2012 at 9:25 AM Post #1,309 of 2,761

Like listening to them, inside a plastic stereo boombox. Why?!?!?!?

I wanted these to replace my GR07 as my one and only.. :frowning2:

They had such great promise...  and a solid sound signature

Quote:
I am listening to this and am amazed at the level of clarity and detail the ASG1s have. You can pick out each instrument with ease. It sounds like I am standing where the conductor is, hearing the music from all sides. Really cool experience.

Mar 5, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #1,312 of 2,761

Quote:

With me I feel like I can pick out the direction where the instrument or vocals are coming from and they are very well separated. Now, I find these headphones are more intimate and sound like the instruments are close to you, but I definitely am not getting the sensation of listening to them "inside a plastic stereo boombox." I never got that feeling though burn in and tip selection has eliminated or greatly reduced some of the other initial issues with these headphones. To me it more sounds like I'm standing front and center at a concert in a smaller venue. I really like it a lot. Hopefully it is something that goes away for you as you seem to like these a lot otherwise.

Mar 5, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #1,313 of 2,761
Quote:

Try to use different tips, especially with a longer sound tube.  I find this combo works best for orchestras/symphony based tracks.

Mar 5, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #1,314 of 2,761
Hi Guys,
I was really intrigued with all your posts about the asg-1's.  I got them on Sat and have been gently burning them in (perhaps 25 hours now).
My impression is that these are amazing iem's!! 
There have been several people asking about comparisons tothe  GR07's.  To my ear they absolutely obliterate the GR07s (listening on Sansa fuze, no amp).  The GR07s are good, but the asg-1's have more detail, more "space" around instruments, a bigger sound-stage, and a better balance of bass, mids and treble.  (I found the GR07s to be a somewhat bass heavy, which crowded out some detail and "presence").  IMO there is no contest, the asg-1's beat the GR07's in every way.  Also, I don't sense any "shouty" vocals. Male and female vocals are great, detailed and almost intimate, really nice.
However...........arrrrrgggghhhhhh......the asg-1's are not built for people with small ears.  I did not think I had small ears, but I am a girl.  The asg-1's fit my husband fine (but he does not obsess about HiFi like me
smily_headphones1.gif
). The housing of the iem's have a bump that slots behind a fold in your ear (sorry, poor description), that keeps the iem in your ear.  I can wear the iem "sticking out" of my ear but when I push it in (so that the iem is fully "flat" in ear) that bump is pushing hard against the fold of my ear, and its really uncomfortable (my ear is too small!).  So I'm a little disappointed, they sound fantastic (way above their introductory price point), but I'm not sure I can keep them (unless I can grind down the bump????).

Mar 5, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #1,315 of 2,761
@hikergrl, I've had the most luck with the double flanged tips. Not only seem to sound the best but I too have medium to smaller ears. The two best tips I've heard are from Grado and sennheiser. The sennheiers allowed me the peice to go deep inside my ear and for the ear piece to sit flush in my ear. With the grado earpieces the ear piece sticks out a bit but I get a great seal and these are my favorite sounding tips so far just slightly edging out the sennheisers. I have pictures in post #638 http://www.head-fi.org/t/589520/aurisonics-impressions-and-reviews/630#post_8161433 with the sennheiser tips and would really recommend them for those with smaller ears. 

Mar 5, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #1,317 of 2,761

Hello hikergrl. Sorry to hear about the fit, but you hear them the same way I gear them (especially regarding how they compare to the GR07, which I still like a lot). I hope you can figure out a way to enjoy them more, or you may have to opt for customs if you find yourself unable to live without the ASG-1 sound. Happy listening...
Quote:
Hi Guys,
I was really intrigued with all your posts about the asg-1's.  I got them on Sat and have been gently burning them in (perhaps 25 hours now).
My impression is that these are amazing iem's!! 
There have been several people asking about comparisons tothe  GR07's.  To my ear they absolutely obliterate the GR07s (listening on Sansa fuze, no amp).  The GR07s are good, but the asg-1's have more detail, more "space" around instruments, a bigger sound-stage, and a better balance of bass, mids and treble.  (I found the GR07s to be a somewhat bass heavy, which crowded out some detail and "presence").  IMO there is no contest, the asg-1's beat the GR07's in every way.  Also, I don't sense any "shouty" vocals. Male and female vocals are great, detailed and almost intimate, really nice.
However...........arrrrrgggghhhhhh......the asg-1's are not built for people with small ears.  I did not think I had small ears, but I am a girl.  The asg-1's fit my husband fine (but he does not obsess about HiFi like me
smily_headphones1.gif
). The housing of the iem's have a bump that slots behind a fold in your ear (sorry, poor description), that keeps the iem in your ear.  I can wear the iem "sticking out" of my ear but when I push it in (so that the iem is fully "flat" in ear) that bump is pushing hard against the fold of my ear, and its really uncomfortable (my ear is too small!).  So I'm a little disappointed, they sound fantastic (way above their introductory price point), but I'm not sure I can keep them (unless I can grind down the bump????).

Mar 5, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #1,318 of 2,761
Yep, X2 on the double flange tips, my left ear happens to be shaped differently than my right, so I've always had fit problems with certain phones that dont' have a bullet shape and are instead molded to be more ergonomic. The double flange keeps the housing at a distance from the concha of my ear whilst maintaining a seal, so do give those a try before sending them back!

Mar 5, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #1,319 of 2,761
Thanks jaysins, idsynchro_24 and ericp10 for your advice.
I'll give the Sennheiser double-flanged tips a try tonight  (I'm sure I've got a few of these around at home).

Also because Idsynchro_24 used "concha", I googled "anatomy of ear".  So my fit problem is due to the protuberance (no longer "bump"
smile.gif
) of the iem housing fitting too tightly against my concha under the fold of my anti-helix!

Also, extreme kudos to Aurisonics!!!
I know these folks are extremely busy, so I was "gob-smacked" (surprised) when within minutes of my posting above I got an extremely nice PM from Dale Lott (the President of Aurisonics).  He asked me to send photos, so that he could suggest possible ways to get a better fit. So I'm now super impressed with not only the asg-1's but also the Aurisonics company.

Mar 5, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #1,320 of 2,761
One more day, according to FedEx.... I hope to have them in my ears by this time tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to hearing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back