Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Nov 27, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #3,421 of 8,309
I really doubt that asynchronus will change anything (Imho it`s kind of pseudo) but at that price would probably go for async version anyway.
Anyway, totally happy with my Aune T1 probably for a looong time... until I get enough money for orthos and tube amp but there`s a 90% chance I will stick with this Aune T1 because I can`t hear any shortcomings and I really enjoy listening with this setup and I`ve found lots of great tubes for different genres :wink:

Nov 27, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #3,422 of 8,309
the Aune is excellent...... But all essence of audio is synergy....... with the he 400  there is for the same price no comparison between the combo amp/ dac bravo ocean and Hifimediy and Aune t1 amp/dac... i prefer at the first minute of listening the hifimediy.... with other headphone that i own Aune t1 is excellent... and the difference between the synchronus version and the asynchronus version of the hifimediy is immediately evident....... more space and details.... I am very pleased... thanks for your words and attention

Nov 27, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #3,423 of 8,309
  hello to all ,
i promise to communicate my results....  there its is :

I have trouble with the high frequency peak of the he 400.... It was very tiring..... i purchase a cheap amp , the ocean bravo amp (120 dollars) and the extraordinary and cheap dac Hifimediy synchronus  usb portable dac, and Surprise! no problem anymore with the tizz in the higher frequency.... no need to equalize now.... My he 400 are no matches now for my ath m50 and for the fostex th-7b... and these two headphones are very good on their own...... The review on the hifimediy dac are raving because the price is ridiculous for the sound quality....... for example i own the Aune tube dac/ amp which is a very good dac but there is no comparison with the tube bravo ocean amp/ and the dac hifimediy, for the same price (under 200 dollars) this combo is marvellous. The synergy with the He 400 is better  i think the synergy is more important than anything in the choice of a amp and  dac, the choice of the headphone is the first choice and the choices of an amp and dac are only in function of the headphone...My next move will be to purchase an excellent tube amp..... and  i wait now for the asynchronus version of the hifimediy dac (50 dollars)....I think i will keep this dac for a long time..... I think that for an higher  upgrade dac  i ought to pay many hundred of dollars and i think that  this money need to go for a better quality tube amp....... The bravo audio for the price give life to the he 400...... and now i am thirsty of the quality of  tube sound........thanks to all for your time...

p.s. I like the tube rolling with the aune t1 and my ath m50 and the fostex th-7b.....

with the bravo ocean its possible also to tube roll ....

my best tube with the aune is amperex globe orange.... with the bravo now i have an rca coll 12AU7 and the result are very good to my ears....

How about T1 combine with Ocean. I'm thinking of these two combination. I know Ocean is good, but your impression making Ocean more interesting.

Nov 27, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #3,424 of 8,309

How about T1 combine with Ocean. I'm thinking of these two combination. I know Ocean is good, but your impression making Ocean more interesting.

I dont have try this combinaison yet..... The reason is that i have decided to buy the hifimediy dac because the amp and dac section of the Aune t1 have not cleared the tizz in the highs of the He 400  and this was my first and foremost problem with the He 400 ..... the he 400 are fabulous headphone but difficult to drive qualitatively well ...like all orthodynamics i think....Now my problem is completely and satisfactorily resolved... I will try this combination Aune with ocean this week and i will write for you the result of my listening.....thanks for your time

p.s. I tried this week  with the amp  of the aune a comparison between the  synchronous hifimediy dac and the aune dac and i prefer the hifimediy synchronus dac..... Now i have the asynchronus version of this dac and this is greatly better.... i think the hifimediy is the better dac for me and my He 400... in a word: synergy is all.... Also remember that the gain of the ocean is fixed and insanely high, then not good for  sensible headphone, but for he 400  very good...

Nov 27, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #3,425 of 8,309
I am loving my T1, but the power supply got fried (I opened it up after smelling burning electronics and found the plastic housing of the windings melted as well as crispy black wires). Does anyone know if this is a special power supply or if I can order a replacement somewhere? I've contacted Aune, but thought you guys might have some knowledge about it. The information on the power supply reads:
Model: T1--1504
Input: AC 110V~50/60Hz
Output: AC 15V-0-15V 1A
Thanks!

Nov 28, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #3,426 of 8,309
  Anyway, totally happy with my Aune T1 probably for a looong time... until I get enough money for orthos and tube amp but there`s a 90% chance I will stick with this Aune T1 because I can`t hear any shortcomings and I really enjoy listening with this setup and I`ve found lots of great tubes for different genres :wink:

You got very good point here my friend. I'll probably keep Hifimediy + M-stage as my backup plan if something happens to my aune. Too much money invested in tubes to let this baby go.

Nov 28, 2013 at 2:58 AM Post #3,427 of 8,309

I dont have try this combinaison yet..... The reason is that i have decided to buy the hifimediy dac because the amp and dac section of the Aune t1 have not cleared the tizz in the highs of the He 400  and this was my first and foremost problem with the He 400 ..... the he 400 are fabulous headphone but difficult to drive qualitatively well ...like all orthodynamics i think....Now my problem is completely and satisfactorily resolved... I will try this combination Aune with ocean this week and i will write for you the result of my listening.....thanks for your time

p.s. I tried this week  with the amp  of the aune a comparison between the  synchronous hifimediy dac and the aune dac and i prefer the hifimediy synchronus dac..... Now i have the asynchronus version of this dac and this is greatly better.... i think the hifimediy is the better dac for me and my He 400... in a word: synergy is all.... Also remember that the gain of the ocean is fixed and insanely high, then not good for  sensible headphone, but for he 400  very good...

Sometimes I don`t understand what you are saying. And Async vs. Sync verison difference should be basically unnoticeable! That change in soundstage, greatly better etc. ...sorry, but I think this is pseudo effect. And you are talking about harsh tizz highs with your HE-400 and synergy ...for me that tizz highs isn`t actually synergy, it`s just one part of synergy. And I don`t get it, you are still hyping that hifimediy dac without even trying Aune DAC + Ocean amp? Please test different solutions ( also tube rolling! ) and then write your final analytical opinion. Try to give more precise description about bass, tightness, transparency, separation, soundstage, mids, vocals, highs etc. Without more accurate impressions I`m skeptical about your opinion. Don`t want it to be the case like with ELE DAC where someone hyped it over Aune T1 but I ended up with much "worse" DAC. Well, only good thing - it was cheap!

Nov 28, 2013 at 5:16 AM Post #3,428 of 8,309
I think those sabre DACs are very good and I'd love to compare one against T1. I'm not, however, a big fan of he-400.

Nov 28, 2013 at 6:03 AM Post #3,429 of 8,309
No doubt they are good but yeah, skeptical about impressions like this. Too little info for me.

Nov 28, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #3,431 of 8,309

Hello CoiL, thank you for answer.
But i am little confused, you mean on Yamaha to change mode to direct (so he will not use his DAC for output), correct?
And with that i losing woofer?

i am sorry for bumping and stooping your conversation, but please can i get this two answers? :)

thank you!!

Nov 28, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #3,432 of 8,309
  Sometimes I don`t understand what you are saying. And Async vs. Sync verison difference should be basically unnoticeable! That change in soundstage, greatly better etc. ...sorry, but I think this is pseudo effect. And you are talking about harsh tizz highs with your HE-400 and synergy ...for me that tizz highs isn`t actually synergy, it`s just one part of synergy. And I don`t get it, you are still hyping that hifimediy dac without even trying Aune DAC + Ocean amp? Please test different solutions ( also tube rolling! ) and then write your final analytical opinion. Try to give more precise description about bass, tightness, transparency, separation, soundstage, mids, vocals, highs etc. Without more accurate impressions I`m skeptical about your opinion. Don`t want it to be the case like with ELE DAC where someone hyped it over Aune T1 but I ended up with much "worse" DAC. Well, only good thing - it was cheap!

First i am sorry and offer you my apology for my bad english.... Secund i am a newbie and i pretend to nothing in this field... Third it was not necessary to make a long listening ,for the hifimediy dac the asynchronus version ( in pairing with the Ocean amp and the He -400 and my hears  only ) made a notable positive difference globally... If this is a pseudo effect i am enjoying it... Third on the forum for the He-400 many people have complaint about the harshness of the highs of the He-400 ( i think that this harshness depends of the global results of the pairing elements amp and dac ) I had this problem of harshness with the Aune amp/ dac with the He-400 ( i love the Aune t-1 with other headphones).Four i begin the listening yesterday with the Aune t1 dac only pairing with  the bravo amp and i prefer the Bravo amp with the asynchronus HifimedIy dac for a better differenciation space  and better smooth highs with and only with the He-400 ( i pretend to nothing in concern with other headphone )....... in conclusion positive or negative synergy is all and is dependant of your four choice : headphones, amp, dac,ears  .... All my remarks are not critics of the aune but critics of the pairing with the He 400.... The aune is a good dac but the asynchronus  hifimediy is a good one for me and with the He 400 more fluidity, more space, less harshness... I thanks you for your time and patience with my catastrophic english....

p.s. i dont pretend that globally you will hear a difference in comparison between synchronus dac vs. asynchronus one..... I dont know anything about that and i dont want to anybody to believe that, but for my ear there is a difference between hifimedyi synchronus and asynchronus version.... better  differienciation in space....

Nov 28, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #3,433 of 8,309

Hello CoiL, thank you for answer.
But i am little confused, you mean on Yamaha to change mode to direct (so he will not use his DAC for output), correct?
And with that i losing woofer?

i am sorry for bumping and stooping your conversation, but please can i get this two answers? :)

thank you!!

Yes, in order to listen only Aune T1 DAC you need to switch your reciever to Source direct mode (2.0 stereo) and you will lose subwoofer. If you are going to use 2.1 mode with subwoofer then it will be Aune T1 DAC + Yamaha DAC and it might not sound so good. If you want to keep benefit of subwoofer you should use dedicated external speaker amplifier (without DAC) which has 2.1 or 5.1 capability. I also bought reciever to get 2.1 mode but when I discovered that my reciever is capable only 2.0 stereo in source direct then I was disappointed. Going to sell my receiver and get proper amp for speakers. But you should read your yamaha manual just in case to be sure.

Nov 30, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #3,434 of 8,309
Since the Aune T1 fails horribly with the Fostex I'll be getting the Vali.

However what I think is that, I'll use the Aune T1 DAC and then use the RCA out to the Vali. But is there anyway in which I can use the Vali as an input to the Aune T1 amp?

So that in case I need more power to drive some headphones, they'll do something?

Nov 30, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #3,435 of 8,309
  Since the Aune T1 fails horribly with the Fostex I'll be getting the Vali.

However what I think is that, I'll use the Aune T1 DAC and then use the RCA out to the Vali. But is there anyway in which I can use the Vali as an input to the Aune T1 amp?

So that in case I need more power to drive some headphones, they'll do something?

**EDITED** 

Read below post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back