Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Nov 26, 2013 at 3:47 AM Post #3,406 of 8,309
  Just got my T1 in the mail today, wow this thing sounds AMAZING.  I haven't tried it on anything but my M100's yet, but they really do sound amazing.  I haven't really had many amp's/dac's to compare it to, beside the ELE-1 and C&C BH, but I like what I'm hearing.  This one has a 6922EH in it now, and I have a Rocket 6N23P on the way to try next.  Very cool, glad I got one :)

enjoy ;D 

Nov 26, 2013 at 5:44 AM Post #3,407 of 8,309
Beautiful! But why so long cables between Aune T1 and amp? And what was in your mind when swapping 12AU7 <-> 6922EH O_o Lucky your unit survived it without damage.

Quote:

Nov 26, 2013 at 6:14 AM Post #3,408 of 8,309
They are the only cables I had on-hand out of my cabinet.. I could probably make some shorter ones I guess.

And yeah - that's tube education the hard way. Just pure luck that it didn't damage anything. 

Nov 27, 2013 at 6:13 AM Post #3,409 of 8,309
hello,

this topic is too long to search what i need.
Right now i have Yamaha 5 a/v receiver and i wondering can i use this Aune T1 front of him?
If not, can i buy some "clean" amp, just for this Aune T1?
I bet that Aune T1 have better sound than my Yamaha, correct me if i am wrong?

p.s: have wharfedale diamond 10.2

thank you.

Nov 27, 2013 at 6:35 AM Post #3,410 of 8,309
  hello,

this topic is too long to search what i need.
Right now i have Yamaha 5 a/v receiver and i wondering can i use this Aune T1 front of him?
If not, can i buy some "clean" amp, just for this Aune T1?
I bet that Aune T1 have better sound than my Yamaha, correct me if i am wrong?

p.s: have wharfedale diamond 10.2

thank you.

Hey mate, 

the tube will only be used, when running this unit as a USB DAC with a computer.

If you run it just as an amp, it will only use the solid state section of the unit.

So to answer your question: Yes, you could use this unit with your amp, IF you ran from your computer, through USB, to the DAC, then via RCA to your receiver. 

Nov 27, 2013 at 6:50 AM Post #3,411 of 8,309

Hey mate, 

the tube will only be used, when running this unit as a USB DAC with a computer.

If you run it just as an amp, it will only use the solid state section of the unit.

So to answer your question: Yes, you could use this unit with your amp, IF you ran from your computer, through USB, to the DAC, then via RCA to your receiver. 

Great, thank you mate!
Two more (maybe stupid) questions, i have right now "Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty" is this DAC will be better than this sound card (because i will use over USB, so unit will be like additional sound card)?

so connection will be: PC - USB DAC - RCA - AMP (Yamaha) = correct? :)

and, does will Yamaha change sound of Aune T1?

thank you one more time for answers.

Nov 27, 2013 at 7:35 AM Post #3,412 of 8,309
You`ll have to use your Yahama amp in Direct / Source Direct mode in 2.0 stereo mode if you want Yamaha not to change the sound of Aune T1. If you are going to use your yamaha for 2.1, 5.1 etc. modes then Yamaha receiver/amp will use its own DAC addition to Aune T1 DAC.

Nov 27, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #3,414 of 8,309
  You`ll have to use your Yahama amp in Direct / Source Direct mode in 2.0 stereo mode if you want Yamaha not to change the sound of Aune T1. If you are going to use your yamaha for 2.1, 5.1 etc. modes then Yamaha receiver/amp will use its own DAC addition to Aune T1 DAC.

Hello CoiL, thank you for answer.
But i am little confused, you mean on Yamaha to change mode to direct (so he will not use his DAC for output), correct?
And with that i losing woofer?

Nov 27, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #3,415 of 8,309
hello to all ,
i promise to communicate my results....  there its is :

I have trouble with the high frequency peak of the he 400.... It was very tiring..... i purchase a cheap amp , the ocean bravo amp (120 dollars) and the extraordinary and cheap dac Hifimediy synchronus  usb portable dac, and Surprise! no problem anymore with the tizz in the higher frequency.... no need to equalize now.... My he 400 are no matches now for my ath m50 and for the fostex th-7b... and these two headphones are very good on their own...... The review on the hifimediy dac are raving because the price is ridiculous for the sound quality....... for example i own the Aune tube dac/ amp which is a very good dac but there is no comparison with the tube bravo ocean amp/ and the dac hifimediy, for the same price (under 200 dollars) this combo is marvellous. The synergy with the He 400 is better  i think the synergy is more important than anything in the choice of a amp and  dac, the choice of the headphone is the first choice and the choices of an amp and dac are only in function of the headphone...My next move will be to purchase an excellent tube amp..... and  i wait now for the asynchronus version of the hifimediy dac (50 dollars)....I think i will keep this dac for a long time..... I think that for an higher  upgrade dac  i ought to pay many hundred of dollars and i think that  this money need to go for a better quality tube amp....... The bravo audio for the price give life to the he 400...... and now i am thirsty of the quality of  tube sound........thanks to all for your time...

p.s. I like the tube rolling with the aune t1 and my ath m50 and the fostex th-7b.....

with the bravo ocean its possible also to tube roll ....

my best tube with the aune is amperex globe orange.... with the bravo now i have an rca coll 12AU7 and the result are very good to my ears....

Nov 27, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #3,416 of 8,309
  hello to all ,
i promise to communicate my results....  there its is :

I have trouble with the high frequency peak of the he 400.... It was very tiring..... i purchase a cheap amp , the ocean bravo amp (120 dollars) and the extraordinary and cheap dac Hifimediy synchronus  usb portable dac, and Surprise! no problem anymore with the tizz in the higher frequency.... no need to equalize now.... My he 400 are no matches now for my ath m50 and for the fostex th-7b... and these two headphones are very good on their own...... The review on the hifimediy dac are raving because the price is ridiculous for the sound quality....... for example i own the Aune tube dac/ amp which is a very good dac but there is no comparison with the tube bravo ocean amp/ and the dac hifimediy, for the same price (under 200 dollars) this combo is marvellous. The synergy with the He 400 is better  i think the synergy is more important than anything in the choice of a amp and  dac, the choice of the headphone is the first choice and the choices of an amp and dac are only in function of the headphone...My next move will be to purchase an excellent tube amp..... and  i wait now for the asynchronus version of the hifimediy dac (50 dollars)....I think i will keep this dac for a long time..... I think that for an higher  upgrade dac  i ought to pay many hundred of dollars and i think that  this money need to go for a better quality tube amp....... The bravo audio for the price give life to the he 400...... and now i am thirsty of the quality of  tube sound........thanks to all for your time...

p.s. I like the tube rolling with the aune t1 and my ath m50 and the fostex th-7b.....

with the bravo ocean its possible also to tube roll ....

my best tube with the aune is amperex globe orange.... with the bravo now i have an rca coll 12AU7 and the result are very good to my ears....

Thanks for the post. Very interesting results indeed. I may have to take my words back about not wanting to roll DACs and seriously consider hifimediy to do some testing. Just to be clear this hifimediy of yours has USB receiver chip with 96khz/24bit USB input support + sabre conversion chip (SA9023) as compared to BurrBrown PCM1793 with T1, right? I've heard lots of good things about sabre and maybe it's time to check it out myself.

Nov 27, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #3,417 of 8,309

Thanks for the post. Very interesting results indeed. I may have to take my words back about not wanting to roll DACs and seriously consider hifimediy to do some testing. Just to be clear this hifimediy of yours has USB receiver chip with 96khz/24bit USB input support + sabre conversion chip (SA9023) as compared to BurrBrown PCM1793 with T1, right? I've heard lots of good things about sabre and maybe it's time to check it out myself.

Yes and i am just now beginning to hear the Hifimediy usb  asynchronus version ( i received it few minutes ago) and its  more detailed, more separation and for the price a killer bargain (20 dollars more than the synchronus version)...... with the bravo ocean tube amp..... for the He 400 a first into paradise at a cost equal to the Aune.... Its the first time i listen really my He 400.. .. I own them for 5 months now.... The synergy with the aune was not ideal..... i will tube roll the ocean now....

Nov 27, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #3,418 of 8,309
i am a newbie in the audio domain, i have learned in the last 5 months that  in the same level of price, (for exemple the first 300 hundred dollars) the precise price of the  amp or dac or headphone is not a significant index of his value...... for exemple the Fostex th-7b are a marvellous headphone and i paid for 50 dollars in canada....( its sells 80 in us).... and the Fostex are for the price without rivals....Same thing for an amp or a dac, the SYNERGY is everything.... and all begins with the choice of the headphone.... For exemple the Bravo ocean has an insane gain and is not a good match for the ath m50.... For the he 400 its very good class a amp with tube and is capable of driving them and make them sound....The Aune T1 tube dac is excellent with the fostex and the ath m50.... A bargain with an integrated dac and amp.... But for the He 400 its not touching the sound of the asynchronus Hifimediy and the ocean bravo..... Thanks for your time

Nov 27, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #3,419 of 8,309
Interesting indeed. When I get orthos in future (money money money) will also consider hifimediy DAC + some tube amp but for now, with modded HD-662F & HD-681, it`s just perfect! 

Nov 27, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #3,420 of 8,309
consider the asynchronus version of the hifimediy dac..... considerably better for a difference of 20 dollars.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back