Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Feb 1, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #526 of 8,309
Well, no one talked me out of it so I ordered some AKG 702's and this stand:

beerchug.gif

So by middle of next week, I should have the new T1 and 702's

Feb 1, 2013 at 4:32 PM Post #527 of 8,309
Quote:

Takstar hi-2050. I haven't compare them to higher end headphones, but they sounds nice, neutral. They kickass my px360 unbelievably, but that's not comparison, they're different cans for different purpose(but superlux hd661 kicks them as well, they're also good bang for a buck). I would like more detailed and tighter tube for my minimal music. Any idea?

How much money would you spend ?

Feb 1, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #528 of 8,309
Ordered:

http://www.boiaudioworks.com/6922EHGold

and

http://www.boiaudioworks.com/6N23P

cool.gif

Feb 1, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #531 of 8,309
Quote:
Not much right now, but I possibly can get very good tubes locally for decent price. So, tell me and I will try seek for it.

Definitely get an e188CC/7308  if you can get it cheap. it's the more refined tube I've heard. If you don't find any upgrade with this , Aune T1 and Tubes are not for you :wink: .. there's many used but tested good conditions e188CC oin ebay.fr now.  I've been lucky enough to get a very cheap (20€) NOS 70S one today otherwise i would have bought a used one for spare.

I'm currently listen to mine ( sold as NOS but I doubt ) wich is a "La Radiotechnique" from early 60s and I think Upraditis is over for me . These wonders compliment very well both my he-400 and and my Sig pro .

Feb 1, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #532 of 8,309

Feb 1, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #533 of 8,309
Quote:

Definitely get an e188CC/7308  if you can get it cheap. it's the more refined tube I heard. If you don't find any ugrade with this , Aune T1 and Tubes are not for you :wink: .. there's many used but tested good conditions e188CC in ebay.fr now.  I've been lucky enough to get a very cheap NOS 70S one today otherwide i would have bought a used one for spare.

I'm currently listen to mine ( sold as NOS but I doubt ) wich is a "La Radiotechnique" from early 60s and I thing Ugraditis is over for me . These marvels compliment very well both my he-400 and and my Sig pro .

Thanks. It's also nice you admire your French tube, Americans love their, I will definitely try some Czech... 

Feb 1, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #534 of 8,309
I have only about 5 hours of serious listening and have a few weeks of music, but some music IS significantly better with Aune, other is just cleaner(maybe because it was just fine before). Ad to Requiem- I must have bad recordings of Mozart, Britten's and Faure's Requiem recording sounds better, fuller, 3D.
o2smile.gif
T1 is a great unit, thanks for recommending it. 

Feb 1, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #535 of 8,309
Quote:
Thanks. It's also nice you admire your French tube, Americans love their, I will definitely try some Czech... 

It's not a matter of origin :wink: .. i think it's just easier to fin cheap french Tubes here and American Tubes in USA ?  tubes I found are relatively common in radio equipment so we can find ols spare tubes at good price. 

I don't know if any factory made E188CC in Czech Republic .

Feb 1, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #536 of 8,309
Quote:

It's not a matter of origin :wink: .. i think it's just easier to fin cheap french Tubes here and American Tubes in USA ?  tubes I found are relatively common in radio equipment so we can find ols spare tubes at good price. 

I don't know if any factory made E188CC in Czech Republic .

Just a joke. Played on the string of patriotism. You might be right, I can't find any Tesla E188CC. 

Feb 1, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #537 of 8,309
Quote:
Congratz. I've never heard them, but many people call them (with aversion) analytical so I have to love them for the same reason:).

I saw those reviews as well.

I actually like that - I want to hear what was recorded, plain and simple. I do understand that the tubes will effect the sound, but I'm ok with that.

Feb 2, 2013 at 4:15 AM Post #538 of 8,309
Did you get the regular 702 or the 65th anniversary ed.?

Hope you like em either way, the headband can be uncomfortable on the regular one for some people.

Feb 2, 2013 at 7:43 AM Post #539 of 8,309
Quote:
I have music under FLAC but I'm not listening to it. I'm little angry(in a good way:)) because sooo little of my music benefits from 6922. Cirque du soleil, or these Ten Million Sounds you've post sounds just perfect, but I have to look for another tube for the rest. I feel that string can be more precise and piano more accurate. And it's also like hmm...where si my music...oh there: half a mile away a guy is playing a piano:).

Read my earlier review about tubes. Amperex ECC88 I have should be good for you for string/piano/vocal music. Like I told 6922EH is good for electronic atmospheric music.
For me it`s also same deal - one tube for rock/metal/string/vocal music and 6922EH / Tungsram PCC88 for electronic.

Feb 2, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #540 of 8,309
Did you get the regular 702 or the 65th anniversary ed.?

Hope you like em either way, the headband can be uncomfortable on the regular one for some people.

I found the regular 702's for $270 - the Anniversary Ed are going for $500. I'm adding a turntable and related gear in a few weeks so I need to budget wisely.

I have an idea on how to soften up the bulges while I'm breaking in the cans. Side note: where does one get a track of white or pink noise for break-in. I hear the 702's need around 300 hours!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back