Aune S9c Pro - Impressions thread
Jan 20, 2024 at 3:01 AM Post #61 of 82
My AT's are 38ohm and I can't go louder than 30/100. It's not the best solution since the comfort zone is only a few notches.
So you can't precisely adjust the volume on these headphones on s9s pro ?
I have already ordered and am waiting for the s9с pro, but now I’m wondering how they will work with my Beyer t70p on 32 ohms.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2024 at 12:57 PM Post #62 of 82
I use the S9C Pro for fairly efficient headphones (Grado RS2e, Austrian Audio The Composer, Beyerdynamic Xelento IEM). With the headphones the maximum listening volume is around 40/100 (even lower depending on the track). There is absolutely no problem with dialing in the volume to pleasant listening levels in the 25 to 35/100 range. You can increment by 1/100 by turning the knob by around 2 mm. There is very slight wobble on the axis of the knob itself (as shown and mentioned in many reviews). You won't feel the play when adjusting the volume, though. The turning itself is very smooth with light screening which allows for precise adjustments.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2024 at 3:34 AM Post #63 of 82
As I understand from the technical description, the S9c pro plays DSD files only via USB input and via DOP. Can't it reproduce in native? I don’t even know if this is good or bad? Or is this just a feature of this device?

Feb 6, 2024 at 8:08 AM Post #64 of 82
The ordered Aune S9c pro arrived to me. I liked the device, the workmanship and sound are very good. Neutral lows and mids, highs very extended and a little bright. But the high frequencies are not harsh, but very clean and detailed. Moreover, they are not synthetic, but rather natural and separate well. The lower range is fast and detailed, as is the overall sound. But the attenuation of sounds is also worked out well. The stage is voluminous. Sound sources are clearly localized and do not mix, but are separated very well. Overall, a very detailed and nuanced sound that is sometimes surprising and disconcerting. But the musicality and melody are also good. For me it's a good mixture of musicality and analyticalness. But a little more analytical. So far I like it. It's interesting to listen to music on this DAC.

The volume knob can be used to adjust the volume of my headphones quite accurately. But on an unbalanced headphone output you have to turn the knob a little more than, for example, in the DAART Canary-2. For example, on my T70p I listen at a volume of about 50%, on Ananda 60-70%. And I’m not sure that some high-impedance and tight headphones will have enough volume and power at this output.

I also didn’t really like that DSD files are not played through coaxial and optical inputs, but only work via USB. In general, I liked the device, it is of a very high level and it is very exciting when listening to different music. After warming up the device daily, it begins to sound better and more interesting.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024 at 10:03 PM Post #67 of 82
Currently looking for a DAC/amp under $1000 to pair with DCA Aeon Noire closed backs that will help with layering of instruments and open up the soundstage a bit. All the reviews of S9C mention the great soundstage. Has anyone paired the S9C with the Noires or a similar closed back and achieve this result? Or will it only help with open backs

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2024 at 11:51 AM Post #70 of 82
Can you give more details? What kind of sound did you get in the end? Kennerton Rognir you have planar?
Kennerton Rognir planar, yes. I've had it for 2 years, I know it well. with s9c it is very musical and organic, crystal clean, energetic, a great experience. s9c could be $3000 or so... not worse than violectric dha v590 mk2.

Apr 14, 2024 at 5:27 AM Post #73 of 82
Hi guys,

Looking of for the headphone amp to drive my Hifiman HE1000 Stealth. In addition I have HD650 and IEM Campfire Ara.

So far my DAC/AMP is portable AK SP1000M. Not bad on balance with HE1000, but definitely can be better. SO I'm looking for option with a budget 750-1500 USD. (750 is much better!)

My options and ideas are following:

1. I can get Aune S9c as a all-in-one.
    Proc: Good price, good feedbacks, should be enough power for HE1000 Stealth.
    Cons: is it really enough power? Will I hear noticeable improvement comparing with SP1000M?
  2. I can buy Aune s17 pro.
    Proc: Good price, great feedbacks, 100% enough power for HE1000 Stealth, class A.
    Cons: Have no idea how to connect S17 with SP1000M? If there is no way to use SP1000 as a DAC and transport for S17 as an amplifier - when I prefer option 1 or 3
  3. I can buy pre-owned Naim Atom Headphone Edition in great condition from my friend for about 1500 EUR.
    Proc: will solve all my needs
    Cons: Price.
Summarising, my questions are following:
- does S9C looks as a reasonable option in my case?
- is it any way how to use AK SP1000M as a dac/transport for S17 Pro?
- will the S9C give noticiple improvement with HE1000 Stealth comparing to SP1000M?

Apr 15, 2024 at 7:26 AM Post #74 of 82
How hot does the s9c get?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back