AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jul 19, 2019 at 6:30 AM Post #586 of 5,890
Welcome to the club haha. The T800 is excellent for a mid range CHIFI product, but whether it can topple TOTL IEMs like the M9, that's another story.
Would love to hear your comparisons between the M9 and the T800.
I didn't know there were physical stores that carried the T800. I was under the impression it was only sold on Aliexpress and Taobao.

Sure at least I will write something after listening to T800. But now I currently have only my Galaxy S10+ and Ibasso DC01 as audio sources. So, you can expect "bottleneck" effect for the M9 (or both of them actually). The M9 can sound like my end game set for 10 years if paired with the Cayin N6ii which gives full-bodied, rich, smooth and warm sound coherently.

I am living in Asia. I know where to go and find the T800. lol

Jul 19, 2019 at 6:44 AM Post #587 of 5,890
Well, I finally pulled the trigger on the T800.
But, now I am a bit worried I won't like the signature that much...

I am a huge fan of a fairly even/neutral mid range (between 400hz to 800hz).
But I also like some slightly boosted lows to sub bass (from 80Hz on down).
I also like boosted treble but I really don't like anything boosted around 2k and 3k

So, I'm starting to worry that the T800 will be more "fun" tuning with a 2/3k boost.

Here is a graph (Toneking T4) that I modified in order to match my ideal signature...
I LOVE my T4 but I needed to boost the bass from 50Hz on down in order to make it perfect to me.

Anyway, can some of the T800 owners on here, please let me know if my "Ideal Signature" at least comes close to the T800's signature?

I'm kind of freaking out and having some "post consumer stress" so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :)

I don't have measuring rigs but from my ears, I percieve the T800 to match your signature, in bass and treble, except there is a boost at 2 - 3k actually. And it is this boost that gave me fatigue with long listening sessions (using the stock tips/cables). But this peak can be tamed with some different ear tips or change to a copper cable (I used the latter option and it tamed the peak for me and I am very happy with the sound now).
Maybe the experienced Heafiers who have measuring rigs can advise.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2019 at 7:16 AM Post #588 of 5,890
So audiosense t-180 using vented knowles for better bass response. Really even if they use the exact driver the etymotic use the price won't change too much, but I guess it would sounds too thin for most people.

Jul 19, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #589 of 5,890

T180 in the house!
Size is smaller than T800.
Fit is good and really comfortable.

Any first impressions on the 180? :L3000:

Jul 19, 2019 at 7:27 AM Post #590 of 5,890
So audiosense t-180 using vented knowles for better bass response. Really even if they use the exact driver the etymotic use the price won't change too much, but I guess it would sounds too thin for most people.
When we say vented, does that also mean there is a vent on the housing shell as well or just the BA casing? I was looking at T800's dual bass driver and each BA had a hole for vent, but not sure if also the shell has a hole on that one.

For dynamic drivers, the shell has several vents of varying degree at various spots of the shell, which is for tuning the response. I have also seen hybrid driver confighration with vent on the shell as the larfe dynamic driver moves a lot of air.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2019 at 7:35 AM Post #591 of 5,890
Sure at least I will write something after listening to T800. But now I currently have only my Galaxy S10+ and Ibasso DC01 as audio sources. So, you can expect "bottleneck" effect for the M9 (or both of them actually). The M9 can sound like my end game set for 10 years if paired with the Cayin N6ii which gives full-bodied, rich, smooth and warm sound coherently.

I am living in Asia. I know where to go and find the T800. lol

you want something cheap that bring life to your M9? get Sonata HD DAC and flash to D mode for your S10+, magic at only $30. I got M7 and heard significant improvement if i only bring my phone to go out along with M7.
But at first place why you want to bother with this if you have M9? unless you want buy this for rough use as substitution for your M9 for risky moments like say in the gym

Jul 19, 2019 at 7:36 AM Post #592 of 5,890

I also like boosted treble but I really don't like anything boosted around 2k and 3k

So, I'm starting to worry that the T800 will be more "fun" tuning with a 2/3k boost.

Here is a graph (Toneking T4) that I modified in order to match my ideal signature...
I LOVE my T4 but I needed to boost the bass from 50Hz on down in order to make it perfect to me.

Anyway, can some of the T800 owners on here, please let me know if my "Ideal Signature" at least comes close to the T800's signature?

I'm kind of freaking out and having some "post consumer stress" so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Why you have buyer’s remorse

Jul 19, 2019 at 7:42 AM Post #594 of 5,890
When we say vented, does that also mean there is a vent on the housing shell as well or just the BA casing? I was looking at T800's dual bass driver and each BA had a hole for vent, but not sure if also the shell has a hole on that one.

For dynamic drivers, the shell has several vents of varying degree at various spots of the shell, which is for tuning the response.

Both, I guess it function similar to rear vent on dynamic. But without front vent. Just look at RAF-32873 pictures to see the vent.

Jul 19, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #595 of 5,890

It looks like you prefer hard treble peaks? For me, where toneking's peaks are is the most intense and thus most annoying peaks within the upper ranges. That's an odd one, but if you want something similar based on graph, look at DGVP DM6. What type of music do you listen to?

Unfortunately, you won't get that kind of subs from BA, or DM6.

The T800 looks to have a slight peak at 3.5kHz

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2019 at 8:16 AM Post #596 of 5,890
you want something cheap that bring life to your M9? get Sonata HD DAC and flash to D mode for your S10+, magic at only $30. I got M7 and heard significant improvement if i only bring my phone to go out along with M7.
But at first place why you want to bother with this if you have M9? unless you want buy this for rough use as substitution for your M9 for risky moments like say in the gym

The problem for me is the source. And I don't want to spend another $1000+ just for a dap. I used to own FiiO M11 and some other cheaper daps before. They didn't really help bring my M9 to its max potential (at least until I heard the Cayin N6ii). Now I am having the DC01 which is quite competent but still my M9 is not driven properly to the ideal sound. Neutral (bright) daps or sources completely change the sound signature of Sony IEMs. But warm daps that are not really hi-end don't attract me. I found that warm-sounding daps are really good only if they are in the hi-end class with superb performance in all aspects e.g. width, height. If you still can't imagine my situation, sometimes or on some songs I prefer the TinHifi P1 than my Sony M9. But when I paired my M9 with the Cayin N6ii, the difference or gap between the M9 and P1 was very huge. I used to demo to the ZX300 (good warm dap but not reaching my expectations, not making much difference) and WM1a (too neutral for me despite really wide soundstage).

So, I am thinking of going back to bright IEMs because that can get my attention easily; I got into this hobby by bright IEMs. I found bright sound doesn't need super hi-end sources. I just need to find what I like.The M9s are very very good and have high potential if the source is good. But remember those IEMs are warm by nature and pairing with neutral sources make them sound dull for me.
All above is personal matter. You may not agree with me. It's okay.

The T800, from what I have read, may suit all my sonic preferences and make me enjoy without the need for hi-end sound and gears.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #597 of 5,890
The problem for me is the source. And I don't want to spend another $1000+ just for a dap. I used to own FiiO M11 and some other cheaper daps before. They didn't really help bring my M9 to its max potential (at least until I heard the Cayin N6ii). Now I am having the DC01 which is quite competent but still my M9 is not driven properly to the ideal sound. Neutral (bright) daps or sources completely change the sound signature of Sony IEMs. But warm daps that are not really hi-end don't attract me. I found that warm-sounding daps are really good only if they are in the hi-end class with superb performance in all aspects e.g. width, height. If you still can't imagine my situation, sometimes or on some songs I prefer the TinHifi P1 than my Sony M9. But when I paired my M9 with the Cayin N6ii, the difference or gap between the M9 and P1 was very huge. I used to demo to the ZX300 (good warm dap but not reaching my expectations, not making much difference) and WM1a (too neutral for me despite really wide soundstage).

So, I am thinking of going back to bright IEMs because that can get my attention easily; I got into this hobby by bright IEMs. I found bright sound doesn't need super hi-end sources. I just need to find what I like.The M9s are very very good and have high potential if the source is good. But remember those IEMs are warm by nature and pairing with neutral sources make them sound dull for me.
All above is personal matter. You may not agree with me. It's okay.

The T800, from what I have read, may suit all my sonic preferences and make me enjoy without the need for hi-end sound and gears.
The dc01 and t800 is a good match. You wont be disappointed

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:23 AM Post #598 of 5,890
First listen, it is balanced sounding. Every part of the frequency is just 'nice'. But it might be too polite sounding for some people.
One of the better single BA/driver from Chi-Fi I have heard in a long time.
But I guess I am too spoilt by T800 currently.
That is good news for me. I'm looking for a low cost monitoring solution for my church ensemble.

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #600 of 5,890
top 3 RECCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Congrats for spotting these early. I've ordered a pair. Looking forward to experiencing the 8 Knowles BAs.

But since HBB mentioned it, what are the tips? Too red for Symbios. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back