"Audiophile" Outlets
Nov 2, 2010 at 3:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

erikzen

06 National Meet Co-Coordinator
100% THD and S/N = 0
Nov 2, 2010 at 4:10 PM Post #2 of 22
$211 for Furutech Rhodium http://www.cryo-parts.com/fururec.html
$200 for SINE http://www.cryo-parts.com/sine_cryo_wall_receptacle.html

Stranger things have happened... then again, who am I to talk, I used 4x Hubbell IG830 for my DIY balanced power supply. 
blink.gif

Nov 2, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #3 of 22
We all realize that quality parts and equipment costs big bucks.  If you want the absolute best outlets I guess $200 isn't too much.  What I found funny was that almost every review (and there were 80 of them) was some kind of joke about how the sockets could cure cancer or were shipped unassembled with nanomachines so they could be built on the spot to avoid shipping damage.  Priceless!

Nov 3, 2010 at 3:14 AM Post #5 of 22
Those comments are a scream! Is that socket really an authentic product? I admire the devotion of those who commented to the absurdity of it all. I liked this one:

stars50.gif
Sucks the bad electricity out!
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Duffy from Wisconsin  
My apartment was infected with bad electricity from a previous tenant. Clocks ran slow, radios picked up foreign stations, digital tape measures would only read out in "metric". After installing Wattgate 381's, everything's working fine now. Thanks, Wattgate!

Nov 4, 2010 at 12:14 AM Post #8 of 22

Quote:
Those comments are a scream! Is that socket really an authentic product? I admire the devotion of those who commented to the absurdity of it all. I liked this one:

stars50.gif
Sucks the bad electricity out!
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Duffy from Wisconsin  
My apartment was infected with bad electricity from a previous tenant. Clocks ran slow, radios picked up foreign stations, digital tape measures would only read out in "metric". After installing Wattgate 381's, everything's working fine now. Thanks, Wattgate!

I can assure you these sorts of things are real products. A few years ago PS audio had a rep do a presentation at one of the distributors my company buys from; they covered their electrical outlets, power cables, and noise harvester. Their main push for the outlets was that it was easy money to tack onto a high-end stereo/theater installation.

Nov 4, 2010 at 11:30 AM Post #9 of 22
No doubt these are real products even if the reviews are jokes.  I'm glad to see that not everyone falls for the "easy money to tack on" ploys.

Nov 4, 2010 at 12:58 PM Post #12 of 22
These clearly deliver wall power better than the $0.59 variety. It's well known that gold makes electrons happier, thus making your equipment perform better out of pure joy. There might even be 0.00013% less loss between the contacts, thus saving you money on your power bill!

Nov 4, 2010 at 1:29 PM Post #13 of 22
Try going to audioasylum and looking at Oyaide discussions. Apparently even the cover plates effect the sound
smily_headphones1.gif

http://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/etv.mpl?forum=tweaks&v=c&s=U&Last_Select=&t=0&n=25&y=10&mon=11&d=c&lts=50&last=

Nov 4, 2010 at 1:47 PM Post #15 of 22
None of this is still as bad or as ludicrous as those coconut cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back