Audiophile Ninja cables?
Feb 11, 2021 at 10:33 PM Post #2 of 214
I just ordered a pair of custom length XLR cables for my Sundara and 6XX. I haven't received the cables yet, however I'm expecting I won't be disappointed. AudiophileNinja has some really great reviews and I've got some friends who recommended him to me. Jeremy, the owner of AudiophileNinja store is an awesome dude who is VERY dedicated to his work and clients. He took the time to answer all my questions and made me feel like I'd be receiving a high quality product that he himself spent years of R&D perfecting. And in the rare event of anything going wrong, I feel like Jeremy would make it right! I will definitely comment more once my cables come in and I get to use them a bit. But as of now, I say buy with confidence and don't hesitate to reach out to him if you have any questions or want a custom order!

Feb 15, 2021 at 9:34 PM Post #3 of 214
I just ordered a pair of custom length XLR cables for my Sundara and 6XX. I haven't received the cables yet, however I'm expecting I won't be disappointed. AudiophileNinja has some really great reviews and I've got some friends who recommended him to me. Jeremy, the owner of AudiophileNinja store is an awesome dude who is VERY dedicated to his work and clients. He took the time to answer all my questions and made me feel like I'd be receiving a high quality product that he himself spent years of R&D perfecting. And in the rare event of anything going wrong, I feel like Jeremy would make it right! I will definitely comment more once my cables come in and I get to use them a bit. But as of now, I say buy with confidence and don't hesitate to reach out to him if you have any questions or want a custom order!

That's good to hear. My cables will be here tomorrow. Have you received yours yet?

Feb 15, 2021 at 10:11 PM Post #4 of 214
That's good to hear. My cables will be here tomorrow. Have you received yours yet?
[/QUOTE]
Yep! Got them in 3 days ago and I've been really impressed so far. Jeremy has definitely put alot of work into creating his own brand. It came in a black AudiophileNinja box, with a nice little company pen inside as a gift. Along with paperwork and business card. They appear to be of a very good quality. This is the most I've ever spent on custom cables, but I have friends with deeper pockets than I do and these cables appear to be of similar quality to ones that friends paid 2-3x the price of AudiophileNinja's cables.

Im impressed with the build quality and I have definitely noticed some significant differences in what I hear with my Sundaras vs. how they sound with the stock cable they came with! Ive sat down and listened to the same songs, swapping cables back and forth with each listen. Now im not really good with all the audiophile jargon for describing sounds, but I'll try to explain what I've observed.

First thing I noticed was a small, yet significant extention in the Soundstage. Especially with certain instruments. When listening to some songs where drums really stand out for example, like Pneuma from the new Tool album, I found myself being more surrounded by the drums. They extended out further around my sides. It was wild! No joke, Ive listened to songs from that album almost daily since its release. And i kept getting surprised by these subtle differences that added up to an overall more enjoyable experience! Since then, I've been on a musical adventure, listening to albums im very familiar with and absolutely loving all these new little treasures that my ears are picking up on. I definitely recommend trying the same when yours come in!

I'll take some pics of the packaging and cables and post em for you soon.

Feb 15, 2021 at 10:20 PM Post #5 of 214
Here's some pics I took. Let me know if anyone would like to see any other pics.

Attachments

• 20210215_221740.jpg
    20210215_221740.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210215_221806.jpg
    20210215_221806.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210215_221903.jpg
    20210215_221903.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Feb 16, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #8 of 214
Just got these cables in and so far I am impressed. Minimal micrphonics when you tap on the cord (you have to be paying close attention) but that is it. Nice and flexible and they sound great.

Feb 24, 2021 at 2:21 PM Post #9 of 214
Had a cable for my lcd2c in balanced made, great build quality. Its quite solid and thick, I am used to some super light up-occ cables on my T1 so this weighs more._DSF1452mindre.jpg_DSF1454.mindrejpg.jpg

Feb 24, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #10 of 214
Only thing I might hear different on this compared to the stock cable is that the sound is clearer, this may be due to using an xlr connection instead on my amp. What I am very amazed over is how sturdy the cable is, built like a tank.

Feb 24, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #11 of 214
I just bought a pair of Anandas and I needed a 4-pin XLR cable. @SinisterDev recommended this company and I ordered a cable. Very cheap.

Apr 21, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #12 of 214
Hello all -

Owner/cable builder/support team of one/etc at Audiophile Ninja here. I definitely appreciate your support of small business!

I've been a lurker on Head-Fi for years, so it's great to hear the positive feedback on the cables we build.
If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to reach out. Here to help! :beerchug:

Regards,
Jeremy

Apr 21, 2021 at 5:24 PM Post #13 of 214
I'll remember this Brand for when someone asks for affordable cables.
Among all the entry priced ones, these look really good.

Apr 26, 2021 at 6:47 PM Post #15 of 214
Got my Audiophile Ninja cable about three weeks ago for my Sundara and I'm really thrilled with it. The build quality is excellent. It's not microphonic. Connectors are superb. And, it's the perfect length for my setup. I don't really think you can't beat this cable for quality and aesthetics in this price range.

The only issue I've had with mine is that the logo on the splitter has rubbed off, which is not a big deal, but this defines L/R connection to the phones (logo should be facing forward). So, I just took a red-coloured Sharpie to the right interconnect and problem solved.

Now the only other issue I have is that since I ordered this cable, I had to send my amp back for QC issues and ended up upgrading to the balanced version, but my cable is single-ended. :face_palm:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back