Audio Technica ATH M50 vs Ultrasone HIFI 580 Vs Denon AH D1100 vs Sennheiser HD25-1 ii vs AKG K181??
Jul 19, 2011 at 4:50 PM Post #16 of 41
Ι haven't heard the senns but i wiil tell you one think..
Ritchie Hawtin and Goa Gil,some of the DJ's that i like to listen have choosen DJ1 Pro which is similar to DJ1 as their main headphone or one of many...
I trusted the taste of these guys and i am not disappointed.

Jul 19, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #17 of 41
Cheers shamrock134 yea I think your right the DJ1/580 have essentially the same drivers so I guess either one of those will do or the Senns hd25.  Yep that sounds good, I'm tempted to go for the Ultrasone DJ1 they can be got for 110 pounds.  I will go into town tomorrow and listen to the Senns (they don't sell Ultrasone) if I like what I hear I will buy and if there's something lacking I will pluck for the Ultrasone dj1 at 110 pounds on the internet.  Thanks for the help people will let ya know how I get on :)

Jul 19, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #18 of 41
Yea Richie Hawtin uses the Ultrasone pro's which are just outside my budget so the Ultrasone dj1 could do the trick, thanks Optimus Praim.  I think I can't go wrong with the DJ1 or Senns and I will be able to show my friend what a really good pair of headphones sound like.  He keeps bangin on about how good his beats studios are but "they are muddy as **** with sibilance on top" but I just tell him yea they sound nice lol :wink: 

Jul 19, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #19 of 41
Andy C and countless other DJs use the HD25!

I'm not sure it's something to consider when deciding lol. DJs typically want a robust, isolating pair of headphones or one that makes them look cool behind the decks. I doubt SQ is a priority when they are busy smashing it.

Jul 19, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #20 of 41
Beats??
Hell no...
You should open his mind when you'll get your cans...
And don't lie to him man..
You only make him suffer more....
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 19, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #21 of 41
That's great you can actually go demo them. Do you have an amp you can bring to test them out?  Even my little E5 gives my HD25's a bit of extra oomph that I really enjoy, makes for a really fun portable rig!

Also, I agree with Shamrock. I've seen plenty of DJ's with crappy phones, and their priority in a club is not the same as you listening at home.

Jul 19, 2011 at 5:19 PM Post #22 of 41

Quote:
Andy C and countless other DJs use the HD25!

I'm not sure it's something to consider when deciding lol. DJs typically want a robust, isolating pair of headphones or one that makes them look cool behind the decks. I doubt SQ is a priority when they are busy smashing it.

Goa Gil is not the kind of DJ that needs to look cool..
I think he really cares on what he puts on his ears...
And i doubt that he uses DJ1 because it only isolates well..
If you pay attention to his live sets then you will notice that he actually uses his cans for a long time focusing on his tracks...
And you guys are missing the point here..
I do actually own these cans,i am not assuming or hypotheticaly make theories...
I listen to electronic for more than a decade and i am pretty sure that i know how this music should sound..

Jul 19, 2011 at 5:31 PM Post #23 of 41
Yea "Jantirak", Tiesto used the Stanton dj pro 2000 and although they isolate well I haven't heard too many good reviews on their sound quality.  Yea "shamrock134" Andy c swears by the Senns as does DJ Fergie and John 00 Fleming, top djs.  "Optimus Praim" I can't argue with my friend over the beats he just thinks nothing out their sounds better, some people are just stubborn I guess no amount of persuasion changes their mind!!   I have a fiio e5 aswell so I can bring that with me to test the hd25 so I will do that tomorrow but I'm thinking I might just order the Sennheiser HD25-1 ii and Ultrasone dj1 on amazon and leave back which ever one I don't like, amazon has good returns policy. 

Jul 19, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #24 of 41
Sounds like the best plan really, try both and decide for yourself.

Not sure what Optimus is getting riled up about, nobody said anything bad about the 580/DJ1 or questioned his knowledge of electronic music.
confused.gif

The point I was making was getting a pair of cans because your favourite DJ has them is like getting Beats because Dr.Dre made them or your favourite footballer wears them.

Jul 19, 2011 at 5:42 PM Post #25 of 41
No hard feelings guys, ...
Love,peace and unity...
Ciaran Van Don this would be perfect for you..
Get them both and start comparing them until you are settled...
But you have to wait,not jump to conclusions after your first listening sessions...
wink_face.gif

Jul 19, 2011 at 5:44 PM Post #27 of 41
I know I'm sort of fighting the HD25 corner, but to be honest I think he'll probably choose the Ultrasones.

I did own the 580 too and really liked them. The only reason I got rid of them was to get the Ultrasone Pro900.

Jul 19, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #28 of 41
Yea thats true "optimus praim" those headphones need many hours burn in and their sound might change  aswell so will not jump to conclusions too quickly :wink:  will amp them up to see how that goes with the e5 and e7 see if it makes any difference.

Jul 19, 2011 at 5:49 PM Post #29 of 41

Quote:
I know I'm sort of fighting the HD25 corner, but to be honest I think he'll probably choose the Ultrasones.

I did own the 580 too and really liked them. The only reason I got rid of them was to get the Ultrasone Pro900.

I think so too...
Nice upgrade man...
I wish i had the cash for the Pro900 but...
Maybe sometime in the future i will be able to get them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back