Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction
Feb 6, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #317 of 1,104
I am also looking a replacement for my atrios from these new phones. But the atrios still reigns in the lower extensions

You tried the IM70? I actually thought they were a great upgrade from my atrios, because while the sub bass wasn't quite as good, the mids were so much better. The sound stage is also a huge improvement and it doesn't have the awful microphonics. I'm only getting rid of them because the housing rests against cartilage on one ear and makes it sore after a couple hours.

Feb 7, 2014 at 4:46 AM Post #318 of 1,104
To get the best sound of IM70s, you should push the tips to the end of the nozzle. It is best when the nozzle is inline with the tips head.

Feb 7, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #319 of 1,104
  To get the best sound of IM70s, you should push the tips to the end of the nozzle. It is best when the nozzle is inline with the tips head.

Is it comfortable that way? 

Feb 7, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #320 of 1,104
Yepp, comfortable.

Sorry for the bad quality. Pics with sony hybrids.

Feb 7, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #321 of 1,104

Is it comfortable that way? 

If hybrids are comfortable for you in general, then it should be comfortable that way for you. The only thing is you might want to insert them more shallowly than usual so the fit with the same tips will be be slightly different to get the optimal sound on these IEMs than another.

Mine have had probably around 15 hours of burn in now with pink noise sweeps and they're sounding screwing great! They honestly sounded really sh***y to me at first, totally muddy and congested and no highs, but they're becoming really open and spacious now and the highs are really starting to sparkle. Mids are forward and very smooth. Male vocals sound great.

Feb 7, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #322 of 1,104
Sorry, the picture with Sony hybrids on IM70s has already posted by another member. This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Feb 7, 2014 at 6:24 PM Post #323 of 1,104

If hybrids are comfortable for you in general, then it should be comfortable that way for you. The only thing is you might want to insert them more shallowly than usual so the fit with the same tips will be be slightly different to get the optimal sound on these IEMs than another.

Mine have had probably around 15 hours of burn in now with pink noise sweeps and they're sounding screwing great! They honestly sounded really sh***y to me at first, totally muddy and congested and no highs, but they're becoming really open and spacious now and the highs are really starting to sparkle. Mids are forward and very smooth. Male vocals sound great.

Wow! Sounds great. I guess I'll go for this, but I'm still thinking about the DN-1000. I would like o see someone compare the IM70 to the DN-1000 before I make my choice. 
  Yepp, comfortable.

Sorry for the bad quality. Pics with sony hybrids.

Thanks. This may be my replacement for the FXT90. 

Feb 8, 2014 at 5:59 AM Post #324 of 1,104

Wow! Sounds great. I guess I'll go for this, but I'm still thinking about the DN-1000. I would like o see someone compare the IM70 to the DN-1000 before I make my choice. 

Thanks. This may be my replacement for the FXT90. 

Just from what I've read I think the DN-1000 are a step up from these. I never heard them so I obviously don't know. They also cost twice as much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back