Audio Technica ATH-E70, ATH-E50, ATH-E40 IEMs announced at NAMM 2016
Mar 19, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #796 of 1,068
I bet it would be LS, and let's see
smily_headphones1.gif

Give e70 some time to burn in, btw.

you know...I did not touch the LS for a week))...surprisingly E50 is currently please myself better due to it's more prominent low end and more dryer/colder sound signature (more neutral mids?).

Mar 19, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #797 of 1,068
  you know...I did not touch the LS for a week))...surprisingly E50 is currently please myself better due to it's more prominent low end and more dryer/colder sound signature (more neutral mids?).

Interesting. I've never heard LS200 before, but from what other said, it sounds like it is pretty close to E50/E70 tuning, but wider soundstage. I'm wondering what your opinion is on LS200?

It seems like you prefer single BA driver, given that you also have ER4SR :).

E70 low end won't disappoint you.

Mar 20, 2017 at 1:24 AM Post #798 of 1,068
  Interesting. I've never heard LS200 before, but from what other said, it sounds like it is pretty close to E50/E70 tuning, but wider soundstage. I'm wondering what your opinion is on LS200?

It seems like you prefer single BA driver, given that you also have ER4SR :).

E70 low end won't disappoint you.

Yes, the LS200 sounds wider and has a little bit more extended highs than the E50 but definitely has less bass (quantity wise), so the E50 hits harder - sometimes I need it)),  not always and the ER4SR will remain my reference IEM for more analytical listening.
To me the LS200 can be a good alterantive to Ety but here is a dilemma - why would I need an alternative if I own Ety)).
E Series of AT is a different story.
Looking forward to hearing the E70.  

Mar 20, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #799 of 1,068
Finally got my Bliss 3.0 tips...

And they have joined the silicone pile of miscellaneous tips that I have in an old V-Moda pouch.

If I can get a good seal and I stress if quite strongly, they have the edge on the stock tips at the bottom and top ends. I'd use them if they fit.

Unfortunately the Large are quite a tad too big and the Medium are ridiculously small.

Back to stock Medium tips for me and get to finding the source of the sibilance... Whether it's my tracks or my A35, because I never noticed it on my 1st gen X1.

Mar 21, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #800 of 1,068
At first I thought the E40 had more sub-bass than the 1More Triple driver but after some more time I think the 1More and even the IM70 have more sub bass. The LS70 has a lot of sub-bass as well but sounds more veiled than the E40. The E40 has more mid-bass emphasis and good tonality, with not as much bleed as the IM70. The treble sound more airy and soundstage has better layering, although it doesn't always seem wider. The 1More doesn't have as much airiness in the treble, but has a more metallic tone that resolves much more detail overall. However it has a peak near the upper mid-lower treble that can sound a bit fatiguing at times.

Mar 26, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #801 of 1,068
  1. Comply Foamies (m)
  2. Stock AT tips (VS/S/M/L)
  3. SpinFits (m)
  4. V-MODA Bliss 3.0's (VS/S/M/L)

I am struggling to get a comfortable and proper seal with any of these tips. Sometimes it works, sometimes I wonder how I ever got them to sit right.

Between the lot of these I'm keep on trying to find which way to orientate them and which ones fit which ear best.

PS: I really do have a dislike for this stock cable. Far too long and the darn wire at the end does not play well with structured clothes such as a shirt or suit jacket. Collar keeps on knocking the bottom of the wire and jostling the fit if you turn your head.

Mar 26, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #802 of 1,068

1. Comply Foamies (m)
  2. Stock AT tips (VS/S/M/L)
  3. SpinFits (m)
  4. V-MODA Bliss 3.0's (VS/S/M/L)

I am struggling to get a comfortable and proper seal with any of these tips. Sometimes it works, sometimes I wonder how I ever got them to sit right.

Between the lot of these I'm keep on trying to find which way to orientate them and which ones fit which ear best.

PS: I really do have a dislike for this stock cable. Far too long and the darn wire at the end does not play well with structured clothes such as a shirt or suit jacket. Collar keeps on knocking the bottom of the wire and jostling the fit if you turn your head.

only thing left is jvc spiral dots.  u can also try westones and remove the plastic piece out of the middle.

Mar 26, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #805 of 1,068
As previously mentioned the Spiral Dots are stupidly expensive. They're over and above Comply level expensive.

I'll be working with what I have already.

also if your using the e70 thats the only bad thing about them is the fit.

If you have shure foam tips, try removing the plastic inside and place them on the e70.

Apr 2, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #807 of 1,068

Large spiral dots are expensive but fixed the seal problem for me and do sound the best overall (balanced, with great bass, not sibilant). I might have returned them if I hadn't tried them with these tips, but now wear them everywhere. I much prefer them to V-Modas or the SpinFits, personally. Second best were clear large-bore tips from an old UltimateEars set. 

I also got a replacement cable from null audio that is shorter and doesn't have memory cable over the ears, and this seemed to help with the seal too. I'm not sure it changed the sound at all otherwise, though - the stock cable seems fine aside from ergonomics.

Apr 2, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #809 of 1,068
How is that cable?

Look forward to more comparison with ls200

The cable is very light and soft but does not look durable, we’ll see.

E70 is not an easy-to-drive IEM.  
My Vantam with its 80 mW doesn’t drive them properly, my DAP with 150 mW at high gain does.
Both balanced.

Apr 4, 2017 at 1:09 AM Post #810 of 1,068
After the first wow effect and then 1 full day of listening experience paired with Pioneer I'm selling them out. Sound too aggressive in the upper mids / lower highs with Sabre DAC.
My DAC/Amp is not sufficient enough to drive them. So far I prefer LS200 over the E70 which is easy to drive and they don't get harsh. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back