Audio Technica ATH-CK10
Jun 4, 2011 at 6:17 PM Post #1,246 of 1,585
Is there any where I can get these (worldwide shipping required), other than MusicaAcoustics and AccessoryJack?

AccessoryJack seems to have increased their price recently to cash in on the fact that other sites have no stock. Now they want 290$ shipped.

Sent from my HTC Vision

Jun 4, 2011 at 8:29 PM Post #1,247 of 1,585

Quote:
Is there any where I can get these (worldwide shipping required), other than MusicaAcoustics and AccessoryJack?

AccessoryJack seems to have increased their price recently to cash in on the fact that other sites have no stock. Now they want 290$ shipped.

Sent from my HTC Vision

From now on Made in Japan products such as Ck10 or Ortofons or Victors will only cost more for all of US  operating in US currency as lousy dollars hold no value
any more. According to devaluation I am surprised the prices have been holding down at some parts of the world.
Ck10 can be purchased from many stores besides MA or AJ, the question is are you willing to pay asking price?
BTW, MusicaAcoustics quoted me 250 + 10 shipping on Open Box unit which are new units, only been stated for display according to Dimitri.

Jun 5, 2011 at 11:37 AM Post #1,248 of 1,585
Important questions (to me) about exercising with CK10, hope the pros here at headfi can help :)

I do a lot of running. Are CK10 good for this purpose? Will they slip off my ear while exercising (especially since reportedly they require a good seal to really shine)?

Also, and this applies to any IEM, am I going to damage them with all this constant running, due to sweat/impact? (I use very light DAPs like Clip+)

Jun 5, 2011 at 12:16 PM Post #1,249 of 1,585
Well its wise not to do daily workouts with a 300$ pair of iems. IMO you should keep them for daily usage except workouts. You can spend 30$ to buy a sweat-proof pair of sennheisers instead.
But then again we only live once and these are just iems. So you can enjoy your sports with ck10!
cool.gif

Jun 5, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #1,250 of 1,585
What Angelopsaro Said, I use My Xears for workouts because they cost me peanuts, Even if they last me 6 months they would have been worth the money, I try to keep my other IEMs for music and gaming, Although i hardly sweat at all when i work out so they will prob never break.

Nat

Jun 6, 2011 at 12:32 AM Post #1,251 of 1,585
That's just unwise to take an expensive, refined, and classy item in rugged use. Plus you won't nearly hear all the good that CK10 has to offer when you exercise.

But for the question you ask about fit, they stay on pretty good due to the angled nozzel and over the ear style and will mostly stay that way when running.. 

Lastly, everything wears out eventually and nothing, not even IEMs designed for sports, will withstand constant sweat/impact. While I do expect CK10s to last longer than most for-sport earphones. 

Quote:
Important questions (to me) about exercising with CK10, hope the pros here at headfi can help
smily_headphones1.gif

I do a lot of running. Are CK10 good for this purpose? Will they slip off my ear while exercising (especially since reportedly they require a good seal to really shine)?

Also, and this applies to any IEM, am I going to damage them with all this constant running, due to sweat/impact? (I use very light DAPs like Clip+)

Jun 6, 2011 at 12:35 AM Post #1,252 of 1,585
I's say if you don't sweat too much the CK10s would be great for exercise, but they are too special to shorten their life with your perspiration if you do.

Jun 6, 2011 at 6:30 AM Post #1,253 of 1,585

Quote:

From now on Made in Japan products such as Ck10 or Ortofons or Victors will only cost more for all of US  operating in US currency as lousy dollars hold no value
any more. According to devaluation I am surprised the prices have been holding down at some parts of the world.
Ck10 can be purchased from many stores besides MA or AJ, the question is are you willing to pay asking price?
BTW, MusicaAcoustics quoted me 250 + 10 shipping on Open Box unit which are new units, only been stated for display according to Dimitri.

Last touch base with Dimitri last week, he does have open box unit available.
Very responsive seller, recommending others as well given a budget if you don't prefer an open box set.

Jun 6, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #1,254 of 1,585
Hi,

I have a friend that loves the Brainwavz M2. He thinks that M2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Monster turbines by alot. So I was wondering if the CK10 has a similar sound signature with the M2s. He mainly listens to electronic music, thats why I'm asking in the Ck10 thread.

How does the bass of the Ck10 compare to the M2s?

Thanks

Jun 7, 2011 at 7:29 AM Post #1,256 of 1,585
hey guys,  i've just tryed out the monster tri-flanges. They are great but i found the dominant of treble when used with stock tips's gone away and I wonder that happened because the tri-flanges eat up treble or they bring the mid forward? Could anyone explain for me?

Jun 7, 2011 at 10:22 AM Post #1,257 of 1,585
Are the tri flanges longer than stock tips?  The rubber/silicone may be absorbing some of the treble.

Jun 10, 2011 at 1:29 PM Post #1,258 of 1,585
Hey I just want to say I bought the Sony Hybrids, Comply, and Shure Olive tips for the CK10 (I found them at stores at airports).

I tried them all, and the Shure Olive's and Hybrids were pretty good, but they take away the fun character of the highs in the CK10 and in the end I always go back to the stock CK10 medium tips.
_________

On a different note, I have an RE0 on the way, and I'm considering using it as my "CK10", and then selling the CK10 and using the profit for something else, is this crazy? I'm not sure, either way, if you want my CK10 with all these different tips and the accessory pouch PM me and it's yours for $229.

p.s. I bought them from Japan for $270 last year as an open-box model.

Jun 14, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #1,259 of 1,585

Quote:
On a different note, I have an RE0 on the way, and I'm considering using it as my "CK10", and then selling the CK10 and using the profit for something else, is this crazy? I'm not sure, either way, if you want my CK10 with all these different tips and the accessory pouch PM me and it's yours for $229.

p.s. I bought them from Japan for $270 last year as an open-box model.

Meh...to each his own; I don't think it's a fair trade. The RE0s have really nice treble extension and actually dig deeper in the lows than the CK10s, but they did not have as musical a presentation as the CK10s....they just sounded flat for me - even amped (in their defense, I only used a Fiio E5). The CK10s have a nicer bass impact, awesome mids, and don't need to be amped; plus they're built like a tank - the RE0s cable started twisting inside of the PPE covering after a few months of moderate use. IMHO, FWIR, YMMV blah blah....

Jun 15, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #1,260 of 1,585

Quote:
I've had my CK10's since October and love them more every day.  A couple tips I haven't seen posted here, just thought I'd add from my experience.

Tips - Comply Foam T-200's fit perfectly.  The CK10 aren't listed on Comply's website, and if you ask them they'll tell you that they don't have tips that fit, but the T-200's work great.  They don't fall off and go on with just the right amount of force.  They're long enough to go in and seal properly without getting bunched up (unless you have tiny tiny ears).  I'm a huge fan of foam tips for comfort and isolation, and foam tips on the CK10 really make them come alive.  I spent the first week with the CK10 with just the stock tips and wasn't impressed, they sounded too flat and hollow.  Adding the foam tips really helped them sound like they should.

Amp - I listen to them almost exclusively on my iPhone 4.  Early on I found them a little too flat so I got a E3 amp and wow did that make a difference.  They really came alive after that.  Later I switched to a E5 with a dock port line out and while the bass isn't as strong as the E3, its much more balanced.  I have my phone on the EQ off, I haven't found a need for it, and I'd rather not have the software messing with the levels anyway.  On my desktop I have a Sound Blaster X-Fi HD 5.1 USB and find I don't need an amp at all with it.

Previous IEMs I've owned/still own are HJE900 (still own), TripleFi 10 (returned) and Shure E3c (Dog ate & destroyed after 2 years).  The CK10 are the absolute best, though they require some tweaking to get there via tips & amplification.

I'll echo mephiska's post.  If anyone is having difficulty finding tips that provide a good seal to bring out the textured CK10 bass, try the Comply T-200!  I've tried just about every tip suggested here (i.e., earplugstore, Klipsch, Monster, Sony) and these plain work.  Don't listen to the rhetoric from Comply that they don't have any tips that work for the CK10.  The T-200 fits like a glove.  The T-400 is too loose and the T-130 is too small.

With the Comply tips, I'm really enjoying the CK10 and for the moment more than the SE535, though the latter has better isolation with the Shure foamies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back