Audio Technica ATH-AD900x Impressions Thread
Feb 1, 2015 at 1:59 AM Post #76 of 250
  I wonder is the 3d wing flap a huge problem for fitting any head size? I'm worry about that.

I am 1.75 and weigh way too much.  My hat size is 7 3/4.  Wife is 1.57 and weighs 42 kg dripping wet.  She wears a size 6 hat.

Covers that whole range.  Of course it stays put much better on my head than hers.  And it looks funny on her because the cups pretty much cover all her cheek.

But it's also her favourite headphone.

Feb 1, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #77 of 250
Looks like my body size is similar to your wife's so if the headphone fits her head, then I guess it will fit mine :D btw, did you experience any pressure point? the m50x I tried gave me headache after using it in 30mins.

Feb 1, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #80 of 250
  That's funny. The AD-900X is my girlfriend's favorite headphone too. Popular with the ladies! Probably because it's so light.

She likes the sound quality also.  Rates it higher than the Philipps X1 (she says that only has one type of bass).  She also likes my ESW-9.  Perhaps as much as her ES-88...but who hasn't listened to those woodies and like them?

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:45 AM Post #82 of 250
  this is a easy to drive headphone ?

for example with a sound card Sound Blaster Z / Zxr or Fiio E10K ......

Easy to drive.  I don't have either of those sound cards, but the E10K is rated for 200 mW @ 32 ohm and the X3 is rated for 270.  The X3 can drive it to ear splitting levels by itself.

It also sounds good out of my Note 4.

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:49 AM Post #83 of 250
is it a much more detailed headphone ?? Where if you listen it will sound crap with all MP3 under 320kbs or lower format tracks ?

Sennehiser 598 for example if the tracks is not perfect you can hear all imperfections in much more evidents way, this is the same thing ?

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:55 AM Post #84 of 250
  is it a much more detailed headphone ?? Where if you listen it will sound crap with all MP3 under 320kbs or lower format tracks ?

Sennehiser 598 for example if the tracks is not perfect you can hear all imperfections in much more evidents way, this is the same thing ?

If I understand you correctly, than yes.

If the track is bad (and I've seen some flac tracks that were pretty bad like some of Green Day's music vs well transcoded lower bit rate music) it will not 'sugar coat' the playback.

The ESW9 I mentioned earlier does.  It is more 'forgiving' of bad tracks.

Feb 2, 2015 at 7:21 AM Post #85 of 250
  If I understand you correctly, than yes.

If the track is bad (and I've seen some flac tracks that were pretty bad like some of Green Day's music vs well transcoded lower bit rate music) it will not 'sugar coat' the playback.

The ESW9 I mentioned earlier does.  It is more 'forgiving' of bad tracks.

ok but this is specially evidenced ?

and what is the difference compared to 700x ?

Feb 10, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #89 of 250

It won't necessarily sound bad with all mp3 below 320 kbps. There are some MP3s with lower bitrate that still sound fine. 

But yes, the AD-900X will show you imperfections in bad recordings. Not so much that it ruins the experience (unless the recording is completely terrible, anyway), but that is a matter of taste. My GF likes to use the AD-900X plugged into a Nintendo DS. I can't imagine the videogame music is very good quality but she still likes it. 

Feb 11, 2015 at 3:45 AM Post #90 of 250

It won't necessarily sound bad with all mp3 below 320 kbps. There are some MP3s with lower bitrate that still sound fine. 

But yes, the AD-900X will show you imperfections in bad recordings. Not so much that it ruins the experience (unless the recording is completely terrible, anyway), but that is a matter of taste. My GF likes to use the AD-900X plugged into a Nintendo DS. I can't imagine the videogame music is very good quality but she still likes it. 

so its not particularly analitycal like Sennheiser 598 or similars ?
its defects showing is not soo evident ? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back