Audio GD Reference 5 coming soon
Jan 10, 2011 at 3:26 PM Post #436 of 482

Quote:
You did...

Thanks....it will be matched with a WA6SE and HD800.....and hopefully it will remain like that for a while !!!!
basshead.gif
 I am broke now !!!!
frown.gif

Denys

Jan 11, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #438 of 482
Originally Posted by Denys /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks....it will be matched with a WA6SE and HD800.....and hopefully it will remain like that for a while !!!!
basshead.gif
 I am broke now !!!!
frown.gif

Denys

You should have taken the NFB-2, you are wasting money on balanced dac with single end amp.

Jan 11, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #439 of 482

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denys /img/forum/go_quote.gif
basshead.gif
 I am broke now !!!!
frown.gif

Denys

You should have taken the NFB-2, you are wasting money on balanced dac with single end amp.

NFB2 only has one output... The balanced output will be plugged in my 807 tube amp and the RCA in my WA6SE

Denys

Jan 17, 2011 at 9:40 AM Post #440 of 482
%$%^$%^##%^

Received an e-mail one week ago by Edwin saying that my REF 5 would ship the day after.....Now the consignement on their site is updated until the 15th and no sign of my REF 5 being sent !!! This is why I did not get any tracking number !!!!

What kind of a game do they play ???? When I bought it it was "in stock" !!! Now how come it's not shipped ????
frown.gif

Denys

Jan 17, 2011 at 2:28 PM Post #442 of 482

Don't worry, out of the 5 AGD products I have only 1 made it to the consignment page.  All shipped out and arrived as expected.

This is just one more reason to automate things instead of relying on humans to keep everything up to date.

Companies do not realize the importance of PERCEPTION, customer perception is more important than the product itself.  Brand image and positive perception should be the driving factors for any company, followed by effective marketing.  See Bose and M-Cable [dont want to get sued for saying the name] as prime examples.

Quote:
%$%^$%^##%^

Received an e-mail one week ago by Edwin saying that my REF 5 would ship the day after.....Now the consignement on their site is updated until the 15th and no sign of my REF 5 being sent !!! This is why I did not get any tracking number !!!!

What kind of a game do they play ???? When I bought it it was "in stock" !!! Now how come it's not shipped ????
frown.gif

Denys

Jan 17, 2011 at 2:48 PM Post #443 of 482

Quote:
Don't worry, out of the 5 AGD products I have only 1 made it to the consignment page.  All shipped out and arrived as expected.

This is just one more reason to automate things instead of relying on humans to keep everything up to date.

Companies do not realize the importance of PERCEPTION, customer perception is more important than the product itself.  Brand image and positive perception should be the driving factors for any company, followed by effective marketing.  See Bose and M-Cable [dont want to get sued for saying the name] as prime examples.

Quote:
%$%^$%^##%^

frown.gif

Denys

Thanks Dynobot,

I fell more assured now...but still, I believe communication with the customers are very important for your image.....I just hope you're right...

Have a nice day

Denys

Jan 18, 2011 at 3:11 AM Post #444 of 482
Denys, I ordered a Ref5 the day after you, and I'm in the same situation.

Just before I placed the order I was told these were "in stock" and the shipping time would be "around 3 working days". 

3 working days came and went so I emailed Edwin and was told my unit had been completed and was going through "burn in and testing" and would be dispatched on Monday, which was yesterday.

Of course, I never received an email to say it had been dispatched so I followed up again and was told the producer of the DSP-1 had only just finished manufacturing and I'd need to wait a further three days.

It's not at all encouraging to be told the unit was "in stock" then "completed and going through burn in and testing" both to find out these statements were untrue.  I don't know what to believe now.

Jan 19, 2011 at 5:29 AM Post #448 of 482

Quote:
Quote:
What kind of custom faceplate did you order Poleepkwa?

I did not want to have usb at al.My Ref5 has 2x optical and one COAX. The frontplate was updated to reflect that. 

Funny, I got the same; though I ordered the regular version from ampcity; but I'm happy with this configuration, not using a PC anyway as a source, instead feeding my media player, tv and squeezebox into it. And if I ever go over to a HTPC, I'll probably ad a USB-SPDIF interface anyway, reading about all the trouble it is to get a decent digital signal from USB,

Jan 19, 2011 at 5:46 AM Post #449 of 482
Quote:
Scissors and Denys. 

Relax. You will get it. I went through the same experience. I had even longer wait as I had custom frontplates.

Thanks Poleepkwa.  I'm not in a rush as I'm still waiting for new speakers to arrive.  Anyway, I received tracking details earlier today, so I can fully relax!  Denys - hope you have your tracking details now too.

Jan 19, 2011 at 6:59 AM Post #450 of 482

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
What kind of custom faceplate did you order Poleepkwa?

I did not want to have usb at al.My Ref5 has 2x optical and one COAX. The frontplate was updated to reflect that. 

Funny, I got the same; though I ordered the regular version from ampcity; but I'm happy with this configuration, not using a PC anyway as a source, instead feeding my media player, tv and squeezebox into it. And if I ever go over to a HTPC, I'll probably ad a USB-SPDIF interface anyway, reading about all the trouble it is to get a decent digital signal from USB,

I think I was not the only one and that they made a bunch of them so to be prepared. I also run the squeezebox Xbox and Popcorn through there. Agree with the "up-grade" plan. Same thing crossed my mind, possibly the Digital Interface from Audio-GD. Someday...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back