Audio-gd R2R 11
Jan 8, 2023 at 6:55 PM Post #751 of 776
For a mifi setup, it's just great. It's pretty versatile, it will be good for jazz, classical and pop. Maybe not as good for metal and heavy stuff, never tried. If you own an excellent ddc, you'll be amazed by the clarity, when used as a dac (you then do not need the upgraded version, it's just worth it through usb) . It's a solid value.
Yup. Everything you say is true.

From day-1 I used my R2R-11 MK2 with an SPDIF converter (Musical Fidelity V-Link 24/192) & digital coax cable in my side-system (headphones only). Had AGD add a second RCA output pair on my unit, which lets me run 2 different headphone amps at the same time (Monoprice/Monolith Liquid Gold X; and Cavalli Liquid Carbon v2). It's a solid dependable sound overall. I like switching my headphohne from this amp to that one when the spirit moves me...it's fun.

One thing I keep meaning to do is try this out w/my DDC & better coax cable (they're in the main system). Part of the reason I never seem to get around to that is that the sound "as is" is quite enjoyable.

Feb 11, 2023 at 9:01 AM Post #752 of 776
Is there anyone who has R2R 11 MK2 matching Arya stealth?
I'm looking for a new DAC/AMP combo under $1000, and it is currently on my top list.
If anyone has this set up, please share your experience :wink:

Feb 20, 2023 at 11:10 PM Post #754 of 776
Finally, I've got R2R 11 MK2 and listened my Arya stealth. It is what I was looking for! Fantastic sound.
Quick question. The power button is in the rear side which is not really comfortable to swtich on and off. Do you guys keep the the device turning on or turning off after use?

Feb 20, 2023 at 11:36 PM Post #755 of 776
Finally, I've got R2R 11 MK2 and listened my Arya stealth. It is what I was looking for! Fantastic sound.
Quick question. The power button is in the rear side which is not really comfortable to swtich on and off. Do you guys keep the the device turning on or turning off after use?
It's a good sound, isn't it?

My R2R-11 MK2 is in my side system. It's headphone only and only used once a week or less. So I just turn it on/off as needed.

But I'm pretty sure this unit uses relays each times it's switched on and off, meaning you really needn't use the power switch at all if it's not convenient. So if this unit was my main system's DAC and I didn't feel like turning it on & off every day, I'd plug its power cord into the switchable power strip I use for selected components that I turn on/off at the power strip.

Feb 20, 2023 at 11:55 PM Post #756 of 776
I've left mine on basically 24/7 for about 6 months now.

Feb 21, 2023 at 12:10 AM Post #757 of 776
It's a good sound, isn't it?

My R2R-11 MK2 is in my side system. It's headphone only and only used once a week or less. So I just turn it on/off as needed.

But I'm pretty sure this unit uses relays each times it's switched on and off, meaning you really needn't use the power switch at all if it's not convenient. So if this unit was my main system's DAC and I didn't feel like turning it on & off every day, I'd plug its power cord into the switchable power strip I use for selected components that I turn on/off at the power strip.
Yeah, the sound is beautiful.
And as people said (and Kingwa too) I'm planning to do 500h burn-in. If the sound is better than now, wow! Cannot wait!
I asked Kingwa, how to do the burn-in soundless and he said I just play music and make the volume zero.
So I think I will use my 2nd mobile phone for feeding music to this machine(I don't want my whole desktop to run it for 24/7 3 weeks for this).
Hope there's an improvement

Feb 21, 2023 at 2:49 AM Post #760 of 776
Doesn't the white dot on the display (Display dimmed function, DIS_Y) bothersome as it's turn-on 6 months straight?
Just wait until you have a room full of Audio-gd gear. Even with the dim mode, it's impossible to sleep :wink:

Feb 21, 2023 at 6:33 AM Post #761 of 776
Btw, without 2nd thought, I purchased full upgraded version.
What's the benefit of this? How can I know it's upgraded version?
(I'm using USB to connect pc to R2R 11 Mk2)

R2R-11 mk2 Standard version: price
R2R-11 mk2 Full upgrade version: price (
USB module clocks upgraded to Crysteks, built-in isolator for the USB module)

Feb 21, 2023 at 7:24 AM Post #763 of 776
Btw, without 2nd thought, I purchased full upgraded version.
What's the benefit of this? How can I know it's upgraded version?
(I'm using USB to connect pc to R2R 11 Mk2)

R2R-11 mk2 Standard version: price
R2R-11 mk2 Full upgrade version: price (
USB module clocks upgraded to Crysteks, built-in isolator for the USB module)
Better sound on usb. If you open it, you should see the usb isolator underneath the usb module

IMG_20230221_072356.jpg

Feb 21, 2023 at 8:41 AM Post #764 of 776
I think that's the only version available. The other versions were listed but showing not available for all the time I have seen the site.

Feb 21, 2023 at 8:42 AM Post #765 of 776
+1. For over a year.
Great, now it's going to be like the UNIX uptime wars. People will install hour meters on their DACs and vie for longest time between reboots :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back