Audio-gd R2R 11
Feb 21, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #766 of 776
Better sound on usb. If you open it, you should see the usb isolator underneath the usb module

IMG_20230221_072356.jpg
I'd read this somewhere.

It's why I didn't bother with the upgrade unit: I run my R2R-11 MK2 only with coax signal from a SPDIF converter.

Feb 21, 2023 at 1:26 PM Post #768 of 776

I just brought up a WSL instance to illustrate for this post, so the uptime (top line) is 1 minute. But on UNIX forums you often find guys with server boxes that have been running for 10 years or more vying for uptime honors.

1677003925929.png

Feb 21, 2023 at 7:28 PM Post #769 of 776
I just brought up a WSL instance to illustrate for this post, so the uptime (top line) is 1 minute. But on UNIX forums you often find guys with server boxes that have been running for 10 years or more vying for uptime honors.

1677003925929.png

10 years.....wow......

That is some serious stability combination in the system, power and network wise.....

Feb 22, 2023 at 4:02 AM Post #770 of 776
10 years.....wow......

That is some serious stability combination in the system, power and network wise.....
Usually somebody has an old ftp server or webserver and they just leave it running.

Apr 21, 2024 at 11:37 PM Post #771 of 776
It seems R2R-11 mk2 was discontinued. Are they cooking mk3 version or is there another reason?
Is R2R-11 mk2 still a good choice now or is there something superior for the same money? Or similar in specs but cheaper?

Wanted to join r2r club, read a lot of glowing reviews for this model, but noticed that it's now in "Discontinued products" section of Audio-GD official site.
So I started to wonder if there is another dac that pushed R2R-11 mk2 out of its niche.

Apr 21, 2024 at 11:56 PM Post #772 of 776
It seems R2R-11 mk2 was discontinued. Are they cooking mk3 version or is there another reason?
Is R2R-11 mk2 still a good choice now or is there something superior for the same money? Or similar in specs but cheaper?

Wanted to join r2r club, read a lot of glowing reviews for this model, but noticed that it's now in "Discontinued products" section of Audio-GD official site.
So I started to wonder if there is another dac that pushed R2R-11 mk2 out of its niche.
I was looking at one last year, you talking about this one?
http://audio-gd.com/R2R/R11MK2/R11mk2EN.htm

Apr 22, 2024 at 5:40 AM Post #775 of 776

Discountinued due to the rising costs, no replacement, sorry.

The original version which I own was a better value, only $350. Mk2 almost doubled a price, bringing it close to R-1 NOS which is now the entry model. A difference is substantial:

- Fully balanced from ladder to the output. R2R-11 is single ended. There is no other DAC in the price range below $1K with a balanced ladder. When there are balanced outputs, it is converted from SE ladder.

- I2S input. Good for upgrades.

- ACSS output. A truly high-end feature, saving $2K on expensive cables. Use with Audio GD amp (or Krell).
:)

- All inputs galvanically isolated. This feature appears only in the price range approaching $2K.

- Number of improvements, mostly in the power supply.

A downside, no headphone amp, for this you need to spend more for R-28 NOS.

Apr 22, 2024 at 6:12 AM Post #776 of 776
The original version which I own was a better value, only $350. Mk2 almost doubled a price, bringing it close to R-1 NOS which is now the entry model
Thank you very much for the detailed answer.
I'm afraid I don't have budget for 2 separate devices and I use only headphones, no speakers whatsoever.
Well, since there is no mk3 on the horizon, I'll buy R2R-11 mk2. From what I understand it's still a good choice for headphone usage in its price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back