Audio-gd NFB-28
Oct 16, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #526 of 2,104
  imo, hd800+nfb28 is good but not outstanding, burson conductor is much worse.

800 is quite amp picky, apart some tube amp, m9 is the only ss amp that i have heard which could present all strength of hd800.

What is M9 amp? 
Please give the website for this amp

and how much cost?

Oct 16, 2014 at 2:34 AM Post #527 of 2,104
Audio-GD Master 9 amp = 1550 USD http://www.audio-gd.com/Master/Master-9/Master-9EN.htm - quite expensive, but the last amp you'd ever need!

The NFB-28 is a neutral amp, and I think that the problem with the HD800 pairing isn't the amp, but the headphones *flame suit on*. That's why many swap cables and use tube amps - higher output impedance can give a more tolerable and less clinical sound. How the M9 pairs well too, IDK, because it's designed to very high standards that should make it to be very transparent. I guess a good amp's a good amp no matter what :).

Oct 16, 2014 at 2:41 AM Post #528 of 2,104
  Audio-GD Master 9 amp = 1550 USD http://www.audio-gd.com/Master/Master-9/Master-9EN.htm - quite expensive, but the last amp you'd ever need!

The NFB-28 is a neutral amp, and I think that the problem with the HD800 pairing isn't the amp, but the headphones *flame suit on*. That's why many swap cables and use tube amps - higher output impedance can give a more tolerable and less clinical sound. How the M9 pairs well too, IDK, because it's designed to very high standards that should make it to be very transparent. I guess a good amp's a good amp no matter what :).

Do recommend me for NFB-28? Cuz i have HD 800 and in the future i will buy LCD-2 fazor, HE-500 and OPPO-PM2...etc

Oct 16, 2014 at 2:59 AM Post #529 of 2,104
I haven't heard any of those cans but the LCD-2, and not much gear, so no, I can't recommend it. It's much cheaper, that's the reason I'd recommend it if you're looking at Audio-GD gear. The reason I chose the NFB-28 over something like the O2/ODAC - which probably sounds 99% the same - is just because of the inputs, outputs, and more power (I didn't know at the time that the NFB-28 is not suitable for IEM's). And Kingwa is a pretty cool dude
rolleyes.gif

Oct 16, 2014 at 3:06 AM Post #530 of 2,104

Zach!, it seems you and I are destined to be apart of the same threads my friend...that or we just have impeccable taste in all things audio., mhaha. 

As to the NFB28 I heard it was good with the HD800s but not great, something like the conductor, Bryston, and Vahalla 2(which I heard with the HD800s beats out more expensive amps due to the synergy)

havent heared bryston,vahalla 2 
but in my opinion the conductor with 800 is way toooo boring, mediocre sound, nothing good

I owned a Burson Soloist for awhile (Conductor minus the DAC section) and I was totally disappointed. There are so many people that love Burson amplifiers, but I found it to be really underperforming for the price. I thought the Matrix M-stage sounded better. After making this comment I've found most people feel the same, they just don't talk as much. 
redface.gif

Oct 16, 2014 at 3:15 AM Post #531 of 2,104
  I haven't heard any of those cans but the LCD-2, and not much gear, so no, I can't recommend it. It's much cheaper, that's the reason I'd recommend it if you're looking at Audio-GD gear. The reason I chose the NFB-28 over something like the O2/ODAC - which probably sounds 99% the same - is just because of the inputs, outputs, and more power (I didn't know at the time that the NFB-28 is not suitable for IEM's). And Kingwa is a pretty cool dude
rolleyes.gif

T.y jodgey4  very much 

what dose mean cans?
what you mean LCD-2, and not much gear?
you mean 28 like OB2? 
and what is the headphone you try with 28?

Oct 16, 2014 at 3:19 AM Post #532 of 2,104
Cans = headphones, just another word that is sometimes used :).

I've heard the LCD-2's with Fazor, but not many amps or DACs. I've heard the Benchmark DAC1 HDR, and the NFB-28, but no other amps or DACs.

Not sure what you're asking here, sorry. I think maybe you're asking about the O2/ODAC combo? If so, the O2/ODAC combo (amp and DAC) is a very cheap and clear sounding combo that is hard to beat for the price. The NFB-28 is also very clear, but you pay a lot more money for all the additional features. The sound is probably very similar - just a guess.

I currently use LCD-2's with Fazor and AKG Q701's with the NFB-28. It sounds great with both using the single ended output. I don't have the cables (XLR) to try balanced output yet.

Oct 16, 2014 at 3:47 AM Post #533 of 2,104

I've heard the LCD-2's with Fazor, but not many amps or DACs. I've heard the Benchmark DAC1 HDR, and the NFB-28, but no other amps or DACs.

Not sure what you're asking here, sorry. I think maybe you're asking about the O2/ODAC combo? If so, the O2/ODAC combo (amp and DAC) is a very cheap and clear sounding combo that is hard to beat for the price. The NFB-28 is also very clear, but you pay a lot more money for all the additional features. The sound is probably very similar - just a guess.

I currently use LCD-2's with Fazor and AKG Q701's with the NFB-28. It sounds great with both using the single ended output. I don't have the cables (XLR) to try balanced output yet.

That's great!! 
Btw i meant headphone like HiFiman HE-500 and OPPO-PM2 

Oct 16, 2014 at 5:56 AM Post #534 of 2,104

i also tried o2/odac and its simply in 2-3 level below the nfb28, just talking about sound quality alone :)
also paired he500+lcd 2f with nfb28, very good combo, natural but not clinical sound, sound flows effortlessly

Oct 16, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #535 of 2,104
rolleyes.gif

I feel the NFB 28 is more than 1% increase in quality than the o2 and odac. I think that it is a very good unit with good power, granted it is neutral some people do like that some do not. With the ZMF x Vibro it sounds incredibly quick and powerful. THe He-560 which is more fast and neutral than the Vibros still sounds great too on this amp, granted I would like a tube amp to pair with it for a different sound occasionally.

Oct 16, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #536 of 2,104
Other than power issues and balanced operation, I highly doubt the units are that different. They're both clean and neutral, which can be shown by measurements. I don't really wanna derail this, but perhaps someone could do a detailed comparison between the two?

Oct 16, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #537 of 2,104
I order today NFB-28 its in my way 

Oct 16, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #538 of 2,104
Other than power issues and balanced operation, I highly doubt the units are that different. They're both clean and neutral, which can be shown by measurements. I don't really wanna derail this, but perhaps someone could do a detailed comparison between the two?

No they are not that different, I did not mean that the o2 odac was super inferior but from when I owned it, there was a difference in sound quality imo. I am sure power and balanced jack has a decent amount ot do with it. I will see if I can borrow one from my friend. I am thinking the NFB 28 is a great unit though thus far, great power, clarity, detail. I will say I feel like I get a bit more detail from the NFB 28 then the odac/o2 which I am not sure if it has something to do with balanced or not. 

Oct 16, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #539 of 2,104
Increased channel seperation would probably be the only difference... idk. I really want to buy an O2/ODAC combo, as it's kinda the golden standard in many's eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back