Audio-GD NFB-11
Jan 1, 2011 at 11:02 AM Post #541 of 987
Many people, including me, are willing to overlook miscommunications and other quirks of buying direct from the source in China in exchange for a much lower price than we would get from a "western" dealer. I don't want to pay for tacky and deceiving marketing, I want the best sound for the money and it's exactly what ADG is: The best sound for the money.

Since the first sighting of an AGD product in this forum, a few years ago, every customers that had a problem with his gear eventually got satisfied by the customer service at AGD. (well, all that I'm aware of)

Jan 1, 2011 at 11:04 AM Post #542 of 987

Quote:

Quote:
Now I'm worried.

Don't get to worried yet, but It might be a good idea to keep checking any and all of the Audio-GD boards here on Head-Fi for the next week or two. Anyway there are a lot of very nice people here at Head-Fi and you may get some ideas on something that may interests you.

Yeah thanks. Its been 2 months but no NFB-11 on my desk yet.

Jan 1, 2011 at 11:21 AM Post #544 of 987

Quote:
This is odd- The FUN I bought is supposed to be Version "A"  - but it has the  DA1852 module in it, not the  DA8741.  This doesn't seem right.  I will send Audio-Gd an email to see why my "A" version FUN has the Analog Devices 1852 in it.

Wow! How long have you had the Fun? I'm gonna have to open mine up to check all the modules lol.

Jan 1, 2011 at 12:14 PM Post #545 of 987

Quote:
This is odd- The FUN I bought is supposed to be Version "A"  - but it has the  DA1852 module in it, not the  DA8741.  This doesn't seem right.  I will send Audio-Gd an email to see why my "A" version FUN has the Analog Devices 1852 in it.

If they made a mistake, they will drop the new board out to you.

Jan 1, 2011 at 12:39 PM Post #546 of 987
I'll agree with others, I've had two prior purchases from audio-gd....and they will fix any problems. Sure, it takes time, and sometimes Les_garten's help :)

Jan 1, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #547 of 987

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Now I'm worried.

Don't get to worried yet, but It might be a good idea to keep checking any and all of the Audio-GD boards here on Head-Fi for the next week or two. Anyway there are a lot of very nice people here at Head-Fi and you may get some ideas on something that may interests you.

Yeah thanks. Its been 2 months but no NFB-11 on my desk yet.

Sorry I had no idea you have been waiting 2 months. Unless they told you that it would take over 2 months to get your NFB-11.

Yes I would be very worried and by the 44th day filed a claim with paypal.

Jan 1, 2011 at 2:16 PM Post #548 of 987

Many people, including me, are willing to overlook miscommunications and other quirks of buying direct from the source in China in exchange for a much lower price than we would get from a "western" dealer. I don't want to pay for tacky and deceiving marketing, I want the best sound for the money and it's exactly what ADG is: The best sound for the money.

Since the first sighting of an AGD product in this forum, a few years ago, every customers that had a problem with his gear eventually got satisfied by the customer service at AGD. (well, all that I'm aware of)

I have posted before that it will be worth the wait. I have never been more satisfied with an audio purchase than buying direct from Kingwa. He took the time to answer questions when I was purchasing my C2 and DAC 19 DSP. I had the order in my home within a week of paying and the quality and design is top notch with sound that just gets better with time. In the case of the ESS products they found a problem, took the quality and more expensive alternative to resolve it and are taking time to send out committed orders to insure the problem is resolved. In addition, the Saber chip products were all promo priced. I would rather wait than pay 30 to 40% more for larger company marketing and profits. Now that audio gd is so popular I hope that they can keep up with demand without skyrocketing profits. 

Jan 1, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #549 of 987
Sounds like recent times have brought some challenges to A-GD.

Their gear is always worth the wait.  I was in on the original Compass design thread and it took 5-6 months for the Final Version to arrive.

It was worth the wait.

I was one of the first 3 REF 1's.  That took a number of months wait.

Phoenix, the same.

Their gear is worthwhile regards the wait.

One thing is for sure though, they have never stole any money from anyone.  So there is nothing to worry about, I don't get that.

Some things are the way they are.

Patience is a virtue.

Jan 1, 2011 at 2:38 PM Post #550 of 987
Better still...bring on Word War III so we can all appreciate our problem free lives. 
cool.gif

Jan 1, 2011 at 7:58 PM Post #551 of 987

Quote:

This largely depends on when you purchased it. They only somewhat recently started using the WM8741 in FUN/Sparrow. The "A" versions previously had either the WM8740 or AD1852 as an option, in which the AD1852 is more accurate while the WM8740 is smoother but less detailed, so it was a tossup (unlike the WM8741 which has the best of both chips and can be considered flat out better). The WM8741 option was introduced in September as an improvement for both units. You can buy the WM8741 module alone and upgrade your unit if it doesn't have it, I personally did it with my Sparrow and it was definitely worth it. Anyone who orders the "B" versions of the FUN/Sparrow should definitely pay the extra $15 to get the WM8741.

As far as the delays.. I wouldn't be very surprised if they received a ridiculous amount of orders for the NFB-12 since it far outclasses everything else available in the $200 range. For a small company with as little employees as Kingwa has, it does take awhile to churn through all those orders to get everything shipped out as they're built, while applying all the quality control and testing to make sure these things have no issues.

Jan 1, 2011 at 8:47 PM Post #552 of 987

Quote:
Quote:

This largely depends on when you purchased it. They only somewhat recently started using the WM8741 in FUN/Sparrow. The "A" versions previously had either the WM8740 or AD1852 as an option, in which the AD1852 is more accurate while the WM8740 is smoother but less detailed, so it was a tossup (unlike the WM8741 which has the best of both chips and can be considered flat out better). The WM8741 option was introduced in September as an improvement for both units. You can buy the WM8741 module alone and upgrade your unit if it doesn't have it, I personally did it with my Sparrow and it was definitely worth it. Anyone who orders the "B" versions of the FUN/Sparrow should definitely pay the extra $15 to get the WM8741.

I'm sure milosz, like every Audio-GD owner knows that.

Jan 2, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #553 of 987

Quote:

Their gear is always worth the wait.  I was in on the original Compass design thread and it took 5-6 months for the Final Version to arrive.

It was worth the wait.

Phoenix, the same.

One thing is for sure though, they have never stole any money from anyone.  So there is nothing to worry about, I don't get that.

Patience is a virtue.

Yes most of us know what audio gd was like, and I can understand why you seem to want to defend them. And yes we also understand that they have not "stole any money" but had they "stole any money" I don't think you would be defending audio gd nor would we be worried about getting are gears because we would not have ordered from them.

Audio GD is a small China start-up company in disarray and probably under capitalized, that has simply over extended them self. I am glad you can be so caviler about waiting 5/6 months, but understand the folks that have orders now with AGD that live in country's like the USA have no recourse other than paypal and paypals 45 day window to recoup there money if something does go wrong with AGD.

As far as the deliver times go and the blame for that, just go over to the HE6 thread and read if they are having the same problems as AGD has and from what you say has always had. The reason why I use Hifiman as an example is they are in the same province as ADG, also they have about the same size product line as ADG had plus the fact that Hifiman is also a newer China start-up company. If you do read that thread you will see they have had a few problems however they have rectified any problem in a very timely manner. As where ADG has given me the impression that I will get my order when I get it, so don't bother us because we are not going to help you.

Please understand that my shipping date has changed several times and now I do have a shipping number that is bogus that AGD said they would get back to me in two days with the correct shipping number. Only one problem it has been a full 4 days now and ADG will not even return my E-Mails asking where my order is and what the shipping number is.

So to answerer your comment about why you don't understand why some of us are worried, the answerer is simple ADG has brought on these problems not there customers.

Jan 2, 2011 at 12:18 AM Post #554 of 987

Quote:

Quote:

It was worth the wait.

Phoenix, the same.

Patience is a virtue.

Yes most of us know what audio gd was like, and I can understand why you seem to want to defend them. And yes we also understand that they have not "stole any money" but had they "stole any money" I don't think you would be defending audio gd nor would we be worried about getting are gears because we would not have ordered from them.

Audio GD is a small China start-up company in disarray and probably under capitalized, that has simply over extended them self. I am glad you can be so caviler about waiting 5/6 months, but understand the folks that have orders now with AGD that live in country's like the USA have no recourse other than paypal and paypals 45 day window to recoup there money if something does go wrong with AGD.

As far as the deliver times go and the blame for that, just go over to the HE6 thread and read if they are having the same problems as AGD has and from what you say has always had. The reason why I use Hifiman as an example is they are in the same province as ADG, also they have about the same size product line as ADG had plus the fact that Hifiman is also a newer China start-up company. If you do read that thread you will see they have had a few problems however they have rectified any problem in a very timely manner. As where ADG has given me the impression that I will get my order when I get it, so don't bother us because we are not going to help you.

Please understand that my shipping date has changed several times and now I do have a shipping number that is bogus that AGD said they would get back to me in two days with the correct shipping number. Only one problem it has been a full 4 days now and ADG will not even return my E-Mails asking where my order is and what the shipping number is.

So to answerer your comment about why you don't understand why some of us are worried, the answerer is simple ADG has brought on these problems not there customers.

Have you requested a refund and been denied by Audio-GD? If you're anxious about the the wait and delays why not take your business elsewhere? Seems like you're bringing the anxiety on yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back