Audio-GD NFB-11
Dec 17, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #977 of 987
Just bought this used and no complaints at all. I REALLY appreciate the switch between headphones and line out, which is unbelievably rare in DAC/amps, which I don't really understand why... (?)

Sep 20, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #978 of 987
Windows 8.1 ASIO supported (Tenor TE7022)

For those with non-32 USB input, using the Tenor TE7022, if didn't know, the TeraDak X2 USB Audio TE7022 ASIO works well.  Works well with Foobar2000 with ASIO support.  Just check off run with high process priority in the ASIO setup.  At least I think that's how I got it to work.

I do notice a difference compared to just using Windows default USB Audio drivers.  It's not placebo.  Just throwing that out there.

Aug 16, 2015 at 3:56 AM Post #979 of 987
Hi guys,

Sorry to bump an old thread, I have some questions.

I have opened my NFB-11 and changed the jumper pins so it has fixed and variable line out options (it was previously set to just variable mode). When I changed the jumper over pulling it with tweezers some of the plastic broke up off the top of the actual jumper, this is not a massive concern as it still works fine and I want to replace it. I just need to know if these are the right jumper part for it or which ones are the right size.

See here: are these the right ones?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4pcs-2pin-Female-Mini-Jumper-for-Pin-Header-2-54mm-pitch-0-1-Closed-Top-/191357740270?hash=item2c8dcf64ee

While I'm here can anyone explain why the dac/amp actually has this internal setting? What would be the use of just having it set to variable when it can do both fixed and variable at the flick of the switch on the front? 

Aug 16, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #980 of 987
Looks like the right ones to me but better ask kingwa at audio gd.

As for the variable output a fixed one can potentially damage your speakers because output is at max. I think thats the reason. Its a safety precortion.

Aug 16, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #981 of 987
Looks like the right ones to me but better ask kingwa at audio gd.

As for the variable output a fixed one can potentially damage your speakers because output is at max. I think thats the reason. Its a safety precortion.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I think you're right. due to some power amps not having a volume control. Locking the amp into vatiable prevents accidently switching to fixed and causing a sudden burst of high volume or damage.

Sep 4, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #982 of 987
I have a few questions, guys.

First of all, with a somewhat higher output-impedance (2 Ohms) than is commonly seen in such combined amp/DAC's, should these do fine driving something sensitive, like a pair of Sony MDR-1A or Trinity Delta IEM's, without creating any background-hiss or any other noise artifacts?

Secondly, what exactly are the differences between the 11.32 and the plain old 11 (I know I could probably read back through this thread and search for that info, but really don't feel like taking the time to do so, haha sorry).

And of course, the big question, WHERE CAN I BUY THIS?  Should I in-fact just order directly from Audio-GD?  What if I have the issue that I don't ahve, and can't get, a PayPal account?

Feb 13, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #983 of 987
Necro post, but not sure where else to ask.

I was interested in the NFB 11 so I emailed Audio-GD regarding to TCXO and they said this to me

"All clock had fixed before shipment, so can't upgrade the TCXO."

What does it mean exactly as I only wanted to get TCXO as it was said to be small improvement, but now they don't offer it anymore, because it is not needed or what? I am more happy though not needing to spend money on TCXO.

Feb 13, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #984 of 987
  Necro post, but not sure where else to ask.

I was interested in the NFB 11 so I emailed Audio-GD regarding to TCXO and they said this to me

"All clock had fixed before shipment, so can't upgrade the TCXO."

What does it mean exactly as I only wanted to get TCXO as it was said to be small improvement, but now they don't offer it anymore, because it is not needed or what? I am more happy though not needing to spend money on TCXO.

They might have assumed you wanted to order a TCXO chip after already owning the NFB-11. The language barrier can be tough sometimes.

My recommendation would be to send an email with the following:

Subject: Place Order for Audio-GD NFB-11
I would like to order the NFB-11 with TCXO upgrade.

Shipping will be to:
(Enter your address)

My PayPal address is: (Enter your email address)

Thank you!

Feb 13, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #985 of 987

They might have assumed you wanted to order a TCXO chip after already owning the NFB-11. The language barrier can be tough sometimes.

My recommendation would be to send an email with the following:

Subject: Place Order for Audio-GD NFB-11
I would like to order the NFB-11 with TCXO upgrade.

Shipping will be to:
(Enter your address)

My PayPal address is: (Enter your email address)

Thank you!

I thought I made it easy for them when I copy pasted their own words from their site as I knew about the barrier, but I guess not. I think it would be easier for me just order from official eu reseller. They have TCXO already and price is around 386€. While ordering from China will be a pain plus I am in danger of having to pay 24%vat

Feb 14, 2016 at 11:58 PM Post #986 of 987
I must be using terrible choice of words when I try to order Audio-GD NFB11

"
Dear Sir,
Your NFB-11's clock is fixed.can't removed, so can't upgrade the TCXO.
Grace

"

This is the 2nd time I send them email about wanting to order the product.  Made me ponder should I just get O2+ODAC instead as it costs like 200€ less.

Feb 15, 2016 at 1:29 AM Post #987 of 987
  I must be using terrible choice of words when I try to order Audio-GD NFB11

"
Dear Sir,
Your NFB-11's clock is fixed.can't removed, so can't upgrade the TCXO.
Grace

"

This is the 2nd time I send them email about wanting to order the product.  Made me ponder should I just get O2+ODAC instead as it costs like 200€ less.

I'd just order from the EU distributor if you can. If Audio-GD has a USA distributor I'd order through them if the cost is close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back