Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
May 4, 2013 at 4:59 AM Post #571 of 3,093
Quote:
Just started reading up on this little gem today and I am very interested, no matter what my wife says about my headphone hobby.
gs1000.gif

I am still a rookie, so I have many questions before going for it. I appreciate any bit of advice and info you have to offer.

Background:
1) Current HP's in order of use: Ed8, Pro900, RS2, ES-10, Spirit 1. But thinking about getting TH900 (might just go out and buy it and deal with the wife later
triportsad.gif
, I've waited long enough for her to give me the green light).
2) Source: MB Air, Sg Note2, MB Pro, MB Mini.
3) Mostly listen to: a) EDB like Hardwell / Dimitri & Like Mike / Tomorrowland-like stuff; b) Vocals, Buble-like stuff; c) Pop and some rock; d) Canto-pop, and as I improve my audio gear I will probably get into other genre that I normally would not get into.
4) I really like something neutral/transparent. I can handle more sibilance than the average and I actually like a lot of treble. I also want good quality and quantity of bass (clean and punchy).
5) Is there any other info you need to guide me in the right direction?

Questions:
1) Is the NFB 11-32 a good choice given the above or do you recommend another Audio GD model or other brand? I.e. current HP list and potential TH900.
2) Is this transportable because it appears to be reasonably transportable?
3) Will it work with the Note2? A member here said he had problems some time ago but may have found a fix by now.
4) They appear to be shipping from Hong Kong and I am living there. Can I buy it direct (in person) here?
5) Can someone give some advice on the upgrades that are available for this unit?

Thank you in advance!

if you like treble then this product is for you as it has pretty good and detailed treble.... the bass is tight but maybe slightly lacking for my tastes and yes, it would work with the note2 if you use a simple 5pin microusb to usb adapter(about 2-3$ maybe)... about getting it in person, you should email audio-gd....

May 6, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #572 of 3,093
Quote:
if you like treble then this product is for you as it has pretty good and detailed treble.... the bass is tight but maybe slightly lacking for my tastes and yes, it would work with the note2 if you use a simple 5pin microusb to usb adapter(about 2-3$ maybe)... about getting it in person, you should email audio-gd....

Thor, thanks for you response. Did you get the upgrade with your purchase? How does the upgrade differ from the original? 

Has anyone had a chance to try this amp/dac with the Ed8, Pro900 or RS2 (my primary HPs)?

Kingwa, do you have a store that I can come to try it out? I could bring my MB Air and my Note2 and a couple of headphones.

Thanks.

May 6, 2013 at 5:08 AM Post #573 of 3,093
Quote:
I can't see that happening anytime soon for Foobar or JRiver: migrating those applications won't be trivial and won't provide any benefit (do we really need more than 3gb of ram to play some files?)

I disagree. Its a question for what purpose will you use your computer. If your are using it to only play some files with foobar and nothing more that's fine. If like for many others users computer is working station using many , sometime almost max resources unified architecture x64 of OS, drivers,progs is crucial and it will happen sooner than many think. Take a look how many users of x64 were 4 years ago and how situation looks today. Architecture x86 is already a history. Bottomline hence for its crucial at least give a chance user possibility to choose x64 architecture of drivers, properly written ofcourse.

May 6, 2013 at 5:59 AM Post #574 of 3,093
Quote:
I am use the WIN7 64bit on Macbook pro without any problems.
The V1.3 is only for the DI-V3 update, not for other device.
We always contact with VIA engineers wish can improve the driver .
The driver target is best on sound and jitter control cooperate with the hardware, not least buffer in PC.
More data communication in the asynchronous transfer cause the PC had to have more buffer for avoid data drop off.

This means that none optimization will be made to allow lower buffers?

May 6, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #575 of 3,093
I disagree. Its a question for what purpose will you use your computer. If your are using it to only play some files with foobar and nothing more that's fine.

Fair point, if you're using the pc for more than audio than you might have some benefits switching to a 64 bit architecture. Many of us dedicate a pc to audio, I'm personally using a Atom motherboard and is working fine with jriver/jplay

May 7, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #576 of 3,093
Does anyone know if the 11.32 can drive the Hifiman HE 5LE's well? I understand that the 5le's are harder to drive than the HE 500's...

May 7, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #577 of 3,093
Quote:
Does anyone know if the 11.32 can drive the Hifiman HE 5LE's well? I understand that the 5le's are harder to drive than the HE 500's...

this is what their site says but i don't know exactly how much power he5le require to shine but he500 needs around 1watt minimum to do good although it doesn't sound terrible with lower power... the recommended is 2Ws which is exceeded by the 11.32
[size=x-small]3500mW/25 ohm

1800mW/50 ohm

900mW/100 ohm

300mW/300 ohm

150mW/600 ohm
[/size]

May 8, 2013 at 5:40 AM Post #579 of 3,093
Quote:
Just started reading up on this little gem today and I am very interested, no matter what my wife says about my headphone hobby.
gs1000.gif

Questions:
2) Is this transportable because it appears to be reasonably transportable?

I have used the 11.32 for over six months now and can say that it is a very good gear. Well worth at lest twice it's price. It does a credible job driving my Audeze LCD3s IMO. It's built solid and with a MBP and iPod in a Pure doc, I have had zero problems.

It is transportable without too much inconvenience.  However, for each listening session you would want to move it to where you going to use it and not move it again. It does connect to a wall outlet. I guess if you were plugged into a extension cord you could move about with it, but the way I move it is treating very tenderly as if its more fragile than it is. I do have it stored away, take it out to use and then put back into the drawer till next time.

May 8, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #580 of 3,093
Quote:
this is what their site says but i don't know exactly how much power he5le require to shine but he500 needs around 1watt minimum to do good although it doesn't sound terrible with lower power... the recommended is 2Ws which is exceeded by the 11.32
[size=x-small]3500mW/25 ohm

1800mW/50 ohm

900mW/100 ohm

300mW/300 ohm

150mW/600 ohm
[/size]

Quote:
You can use the 11.32 and it will give you sound. You will not be hearing the best of the HE-5LE until you use a speaker amp.

Thanks guys. Ok, so I've never used a speaker amp to drive headphones before... I mean, I have some cheaper speaker amps (Audiosource amp 100,,Lepai LP-2020A+ (digital amp)). I'm guessing that better speaker amp = better performance right? Sorry for the n00bish question...

May 8, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #581 of 3,093
Quote:

Thanks guys. Ok, so I've never used a speaker amp to drive headphones before... I mean, I have some cheaper speaker amps (Audiosource amp 100,,Lepai LP-2020A+ (digital amp)). I'm guessing that better speaker amp = better performance right? Sorry for the n00bish question...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/629352/he-500-lcd2-d5000-dt770-sr80-on-a-speaker-amp-emotiva-mini-x-a-100-project

check this thread out for speaker amp stuff... you would need a balanced wire and a speaker tap converter etc... read the thread and ask there...

May 11, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #582 of 3,093
Hello!
I have a question - sorry for poor english knowledge:

Audio-GD NFB-11.32 can drive a HiFiMAN HE-4? HE-4 needs 2 W per channel by details.
(http://www.head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=95)

But, i don't know, output specification of NFB-11.32 are sum of both channel or per channel? I think, is concerning to sum. of both channel.

I use now Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro (http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/shop/dt-990-pro.html), this is 250Ohm and 100mW / cans.
I usually set the volume knob to 50% (12 O'clock) with Low gain, or 9-10 O'clock with High gain.
The question is: Where is the 300mw/300Ohm output. I'm confused.  

Thanks! - Arus

May 13, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #583 of 3,093
Hey guys,

Unfortunately, my NFB11.32 has started to not work with foobar: "Unrecoverable playback error: ASIO initialization failed : Hardware not present". Anyone know the fix? (I suspect my USB ports may be an issue; although I am getting sound thru the NFB11.32 when using non-foobar applications like youtube/grooveshark.

Thanks.

May 13, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #584 of 3,093
Quote:
Hey guys,

Unfortunately, my NFB11.32 has started to not work with foobar: "Unrecoverable playback error: ASIO initialization failed : Hardware not present". Anyone know the fix? (I suspect my USB ports may be an issue; although I am getting sound thru the NFB11.32 when using non-foobar applications like youtube/grooveshark.

Thanks.

yeah it recently happened with me too... i changed from asio... although i don't use foobar anymore...

May 13, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #585 of 3,093
Well, it has been a while since I posted. Pretty much the 11.32 has 500 hrs. on and I am so impressed. Bought a ALO Pan Am for the new tube amp running it thru the 11.32. HeatFan12, you're right, this thing LOVES tubes! I'm sorry, as much as I like the headphone amp stage, the DAC is better. I have had a bunch of DACs (rDAC, V-DAC, ibasso D7, Maverick Audio D2) none can compare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back