Audio-gd NFB-10
Oct 11, 2011 at 7:56 AM Post #1,381 of 2,860
x2 on fidelizer its pretty good if you don't want to permanently compromise the performance of your computer.  Pretty hard to A/B though as you only get one shot to compare before you reset.

Oct 12, 2011 at 5:01 AM Post #1,383 of 2,860
Heck, I DO hear a difference with fidelizer
eek.gif
Is there an official thread here? I don't wanna ot anymore
biggrin.gif

Oct 12, 2011 at 5:41 AM Post #1,384 of 2,860
Everytime you 'Fidelize' you have to uncheck 'Set Windows X as default home page'  Even if you don't, it still brings up it's own webpage everytime. That's annoying.

Oct 12, 2011 at 7:40 AM Post #1,385 of 2,860
Everytime you 'Fidelize' you have to uncheck 'Set Windows X as default home page'  Even if you don't, it still brings up it's own webpage everytime. That's annoying.

everyone told the developer that....but that only made him upset and more paranoid and he kinda stopped coming to the topic.

lol. :?

Oct 12, 2011 at 9:18 AM Post #1,386 of 2,860
Just placed my order today for a NFB-10SE with a -7DB  low gain mod (the high gain will stay the same). Seeing all of the posts about people with moderately sensitive cans or IEMs keeping volume around 1-18 on low gain, I figured I would ask Kingwa if he could lower the gain when mine was built.  Hoping this is a big step up from my DACport.  Now, to patiently wait.................

Oct 12, 2011 at 9:23 AM Post #1,387 of 2,860
I need to shoot an email before work today to see if I slipped through the cracks. lol

Estimated ship was the 8th, no shipping info yet. ;~; I need this thing on my desk.

Quote:
Just placed my order today for a NFB-10SE with a -7DB  low gain mod (the high gain will stay the same). Seeing all of the posts about people with moderately sensitive cans or IEMs keeping volume around 1-18 on low gain, I figured I would ask Kingwa if he could lower the gain when mine was built.  Hoping this is a big step up from my DACport.  Now, to patiently wait.................

Oct 12, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #1,388 of 2,860
Ordered mine on the 20th of September and shipped out from them on the 4th, got here this Monday. I did not get any tracking information but I did not request any came wonderfully packaged not even a single dent on the box. Definitely would say ordered both modules (wm8805 and dir9001) definitely would say the dir9001 sounds more musical then the wm8805 but the wm8805 feels like a reference sound (more detailed but might makes my headphones he-5le sound quite brighter).

Also wondering if anyone else gets the pops(in the music) when it first turns on for about the first 20 minutes if you set it from headphone amp/preamp?

It sounds great but honestly I don't think I can compare this to my original setup I have had it is definitely in a different league and I am very much enjoying the purchase.

Also Morbid I did not get any confirmation or tracking number with my shipment they just told me when they would ship it.

Oct 12, 2011 at 4:12 PM Post #1,390 of 2,860
You mean the developer was already paranoid before he was told this? How could you tell 
confused_face_2.gif

Quote:
everyone told the developer that....but that only made him upset and more paranoid and he kinda stopped coming to the topic.
lol. :?

Oct 12, 2011 at 4:17 PM Post #1,391 of 2,860
Any comparisons of single-ended versus balanced performance of the SE yet? Olor1n? (Apologies if I've overlooked them)

Oct 12, 2011 at 4:22 PM Post #1,392 of 2,860
So did they not inform you of shipment? How did you find out what day it shipped if so? 

Quote:
Ordered mine on the 20th of September and shipped out from them on the 4th, got here this Monday. I did not get any tracking information but I did not request any came wonderfully packaged not even a single dent on the box. Definitely would say ordered both modules (wm8805 and dir9001) definitely would say the dir9001 sounds more musical then the wm8805 but the wm8805 feels like a reference sound (more detailed but might makes my headphones he-5le sound quite brighter).

Also wondering if anyone else gets the pops(in the music) when it first turns on for about the first 20 minutes if you set it from headphone amp/preamp?

It sounds great but honestly I don't think I can compare this to my original setup I have had it is definitely in a different league and I am very much enjoying the purchase.

Also Morbid I did not get any confirmation or tracking number with my shipment they just told me when they would ship it.

Oct 12, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #1,393 of 2,860

Quote:
So did they not inform you of shipment? How did you find out what day it shipped if so? 

For me, I was told it would go out "tomorrow."  I waited for it, then it came, maybe 10 days later, I wasn't keeping track.  I doubt it went out the day the guy said it would, but then again I tried to keep myself occupied instead of worrying about it.  I mean, I worried, but I tried not to.  If you really want to know the details I can look it up, but my advice is to just wait.  Personally I just didn't wanna hound the poor guy for tracking info because the most important thing is that it would arrive.  For sure I would have been more persistent if I suspected a problem though.

Oct 12, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #1,394 of 2,860
I sent a simple email to kingwa and he told me that it shipped on time. Said if I would like 3-4 days after that to email them again for the tracking number.]

Edit: The main differences from the balanced output from SE on this are what you would expect. Soundstage is bigger and it is a big plus music sounds more full (might be just because the headphones are being fully powered). With the SE I can turn my volume up to about 35 in high gain with the he-5le when on balanced I keep it on 7 to give you an example.

Also AD-2000 are very easily driven by this low gain set at volume 10 is more than enough. high gain I cant get it past 7. Balanced and SE for this type of headphone does not really make much of a difference. So I would say balanced if its a harder to drive headphone.

Oct 12, 2011 at 7:21 PM Post #1,395 of 2,860
Quote:
Any comparisons of single-ended versus balanced performance of the SE yet? Olor1n? (Apologies if I've overlooked them)

Still waiting on balanced cables unfortunately.

Quote:
I need to shoot an email before work today to see if I slipped through the cracks. lol

Estimated ship was the 8th, no shipping info yet. ;~; I need this thing on my desk.

Did you order from Audio-GD directly? Is your name on this list?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back