Audio-gd NFB-10
Oct 24, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #19 of 2,860
I think this will be a good seller for them.  Now if only they could do it with a quad of PCM1704U-K, pre-amp, headphone amp, and speaker amp.
smile_phones.gif

Oct 24, 2010 at 5:52 PM Post #21 of 2,860
[size=medium]$700[/size][size=small] Fully Balanced Dedicated DAC + [/size] [size=medium]$700[/size][size=small] Fully Balanced HP/Pre amp =[/size][size=medium]$765 [/size] [size=small](10% Off )
[/size]

What kind of crazy math is this...

Oct 24, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #22 of 2,860
The rate that Audio-GD pumps out new models is staggering.  Just when you think he's done with his "latest", he pops up with another one a few weeks later.  This could be an interesting "all-in-one" unit for someone looking for a one stop solution.  The true test is to see how close to the individual ROC+DAC performance it is.  I doubt there will be a big difference and this unit could be a good deal.

Agreed haloxt, that is some crazy math he's doing there.  

Oct 24, 2010 at 6:34 PM Post #23 of 2,860
I'd like to see Kingwa change gears a little and marry a music server (using the new solid state drives) to one of his transports creating a top shelf source ( the CD8-DAS perhaps ?) that can rip, store and serve full resolution hi rez files............that being said I'm amazed by Kingwa's work ethic and ingenuity. This latest unit looks like anopther winner.

Peete.

Oct 24, 2010 at 6:44 PM Post #24 of 2,860

Quote:
[size=medium]$700[/size][size=small] Fully Balanced Dedicated DAC + [/size] [size=medium]$700[/size][size=small] Fully Balanced HP/Pre amp =[/size][size=medium]$765 [/size] [size=small](10% Off )
[/size]

What kind of crazy math is this...

to me it was pretty obvious. He says in the NFB 10 there is a 700$ DAC +700$ amplification worth and he is selling this all-in-one unit for 700$

Oct 24, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #25 of 2,860
Quote:
I'd like to see Kingwa change gears a little and marry a music server (using the new solid state drives) to one of his transports creating a top shelf source ( the CD8-DAS perhaps ?) that can rip, store and serve full resolution hi rez files............that being said I'm amazed by Kingwa's work ethic and ingenuity. This latest unit looks like anopther winner.

Peete.

If he created a device like the Logitech Transporter that could be accessed via web browser, I'd be extremely interested.  It doesn't need to have internal storage, just if it was a high quality music streamer that worked with TCP/IP it would be fantastic.

Oct 24, 2010 at 7:00 PM Post #26 of 2,860
I preorded the NFB-11 but now I am seriously considering upgrading my order to the NFB-10. Would the upgrade be worth it if I only utilize the unbalanced (1/4") output? Another way to frame my question is whether the10's DAC/AMP for the single end output is improved over the 11s, or is the balanced capability the main reason for price difference?? I am looking for desktop DAC/AMP that is significant upgrade from my current ibasso D10 with Denon D7000s phones. Sorry for noob question. I'm new to hifi audio world and learning as a I go.

Oct 24, 2010 at 7:09 PM Post #27 of 2,860
Since no one has heard either of those units, and there are no side by side impressions, the question you need to ask yourself is if you intend to go balanced?  If you do, then this might be worth it since you can use it as a balanced amp/dac where as the 11 cannot.  

Oct 24, 2010 at 7:15 PM Post #28 of 2,860
I know it's hard to predict before actually listening to the units, but I was wondering if any clues can be gotten from comparisons of past models. It seems like some folks are comparing the 11s to an upgraded sparrow, and the 10s comparable to ROC/NFB1.

Oct 24, 2010 at 7:28 PM Post #29 of 2,860

Quote:
Quote:

If he created a device like the Logitech Transporter that could be accessed via web browser, I'd be extremely interested.  It doesn't need to have internal storage, just if it was a high quality music streamer that worked with TCP/IP it would be fantastic.

I want the computer out of the signal chain entriely though...

Peete.

Oct 24, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #30 of 2,860

Quote:
I want the computer out of the signal chain entriely though...  
Peete.

The computer is out of the signal chain with the Transporter, because you can use it via Wi-Fi.  There is absolutely ZERO difference in sound quality between Wi-Fi and TCP/IP though, and I get drop outs on Wi-Fi so I use an ethernet cable.  Squeezebox Server sends over the raw PCM data to the Transporter, which is where it converts it to S/PDIF or AES.  This is one of the main reasons why I use it, so that the computer is not in the chain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back