Audio GD New NOS 7 2016 Edition Impression Thread
Aug 31, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #166 of 286

I Like this one!!

Sep 3, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #167 of 286
Where can i get this? Would be awesome to power my schiit wyrd and preserve the galvanic isolation provided by the intona.

.....just a heads up, the Wyrd uses AC I am pretty sure..... there is an LPS built in if I understand correctly... I am not an electrician so not sure if important...

I got one of these 充电式1.2至6.5V可调电源 Taobao battery supplies today... as mentioned by @bballas it comes with a charger and mine even included the batteries (delivered in China).
Brilliant device, especially for the cost... I pieced together a USB power insert cable by cutting one that came with a TeraDak LPS and adding a no-solder 5.5/2.1 barrel connector.
I am breaking in a SU-1 DDC on another system and gave the batteries a try, works great compared to the Dell XPS13 laptop outputs, less grunge and surprisingly more dynamics...

Sep 3, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #168 of 286

In that case a silver plated occ wire might give you a peace of mind. Or solder the wire to the pin in addition to crimping like I did.

Don't have crimp tool so cant be sure; I use needle nose pliers instead. Strip about 2mm of the wire and fix the pin to wire's insulation layer with its longer arms first, then crimp the exposed wire with the shorter arms.

Just chasing up these connectors.  How important is the 2.54mm pitch?  I thin the regular JST XH standard is 2.5mm.  I can get the 2.5mm cheaper as they are locally available.  Is that what you are using?  If not can always order the 2.54mm from ebay.

I think I will pick up the 24AWG neotech wire also.  Seems most of the cables are using copper wire anyway.  I was going to mess around with twisted pairs between the I2S channels and the ground but I think it would end up a mess and might not help that much.  The JST XH connectors seem too tight to fit two wires into even 28awg.  30AWG silver might work but that might be a losing battle.  Screened wire with 2.5 mm pitch also seems losing battle.  Maybe best to keep it simple and short.

Sep 3, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #169 of 286

In that case a silver plated occ wire might give you a peace of mind. Or solder the wire to the pin in addition to crimping like I did.

Don't have crimp tool so cant be sure; I use needle nose pliers instead. Strip about 2mm of the wire and fix the pin to wire's insulation layer with its longer arms first, then crimp the exposed wire with the shorter arms.

BTW did you get teh 2.54mm JST XH or just the standard 2.5mm?  I can get 2.5mm locally and cheaper if that works.  Thanks again.

Sep 3, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #170 of 286

Just chasing up these connectors.  How important is the 2.54mm pitch?  I thin the regular JST XH standard is 2.5mm.  I can get the 2.5mm cheaper as they are locally available.  Is that what you are using?  If not can always order the 2.54mm from ebay.

I think I will pick up the 24AWG neotech wire also.  Seems most of the cables are using copper wire anyway.  I was going to mess around with twisted pairs between the I2S channels and the ground but I think it would end up a mess and might not help that much.  The JST XH connectors seem too tight to fit two wires into even 28awg.  30AWG silver might work but that might be a losing battle.  Screened wire with 2.5 mm pitch also seems losing battle.  Maybe best to keep it simple and short.

Guess 2.5 & 2.54 means the same thing, even not 0.04 x 2 = 0.08mm shift for the outer two pins can just be ignored.

Don't remember if they are labeled 2.5 or 2.54 when I got from the store, but they look exact like jst xh connectors.

BTW, after B0505S removed and ADP150 installed you can use DAC's 3.3V to power F-1's clean section (connect to +5V). ADP150 will stay regulated for input as low as 3.33V @45mA, only its PSRR will drop almost to 0 at this low headroom. I actually used Amanero connector's 3.3V to drive the F-1 for a while before move on to use external battery. The measured voltage on the connector will fluctuate and sometimes as low as 3.38V on my NOS11.

Sep 4, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #171 of 286
 ​

Goods arrived today,looks good,test later.

Sep 5, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #172 of 286
Powered m7 tcxo with this board,simple better!!!the middle so strong,detailed.really like this.
High- End!!!!

Sep 9, 2016 at 3:29 AM Post #173 of 286
Thread: EVS modified Gustard X20/Gustard X20
09-02-2016, 09:31 AM
Quadman :

"Then for the past 2 weeks I have powered my new clock with an external 5V psu and a 3.3v trident regulator board near the clock. This takes some load off the gustards internal power supply and helps reduce noise since the external PSU is linear and the trident regulator board is made to minimize power noise for high speed oscillators. This was another nice step up. The Clock mod is very highly recommended and I now say forgo the custom coax and do the clock instead. More transparent, much sharper and defined leading edges (hence more dynamics) larger and even better separated soundstage with solid 3D images. Tonality that I can detect no issues with. Acoustic up close single performers are eerily present. Suffice it to say it is a serious upgrade. "

Same result here with nos 7,or more.

Sep 9, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #174 of 286
Did audio gD stop supporting upgrade to nos for their old model? Seems to be that way stated in their home page.

Sep 9, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #176 of 286
I see still to bad though. The shipping cost is just too expensive so master or reference 7 to send back

Sep 12, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #177 of 286
My new power supply ,almost done.Ocxo 12M arrive tomorrow.

Sep 17, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #180 of 286
.....just a heads up, the Wyrd uses AC I am pretty sure..... there is an LPS built in if I understand correctly... I am not an electrician so not sure if important...

I got one of these 充电式1.2至6.5V可调电源 Taobao battery supplies today... as mentioned by @bballas it comes with a charger and mine even included the batteries (delivered in China).
Brilliant device, especially for the cost... I pieced together a USB power insert cable by cutting one that came with a TeraDak LPS and adding a no-solder 5.5/2.1 barrel connector.
I am breaking in a SU-1 DDC on another system and gave the batteries a try, works great compared to the Dell XPS13 laptop outputs, less grunge and surprisingly more dynamics...

An ac device can take dc in most cases. Should not be a problem with the wyrd. I might give this unit a try. The thing is i am totally satisfied with the way my system sounds right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back