Audio-GD Master 9
Aug 28, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #482 of 2,626
just decided to order my final combo master7 and its stacking amp master9
hope they could go well with hd800 since i have been disappointed with it from the first day
much prefer HE500 and LCD2.2 T__T
btw, can anyone please give me some idea for making ACSS cable? dont know anything about this type of connection T__T

Aug 28, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #483 of 2,626

Master 7 and 9 is a good pair, with a worthy usb converter/transport its fantastic IMO.

Audio GD have an inexpensive ACSS cable, so you don’t have to make one. I have one and it works very well.

Aug 28, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #484 of 2,626
But if you want to make a better quality ACSS cable, send King-Wa a mail & he will give you the pin configuration for the ACSS cable, you can provide that to a custom cable maker & they will make one for you. I had mine made by Signal Cable.

http://www.signalcable.com/

Aug 28, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #485 of 2,626
Unless spec has changed the ACSS is just mini 3 pin XLR.

You only need to connect positive & negative, no need to connect ground although I did because I already had the cable for it.
If I remember correctly pin 1 is ground so only need to solder to pins 2 & 3.
It took me 15 minutes, if you can solder
biggrin.gif

Aug 28, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #486 of 2,626
Thanks for all recommendation ^__^
actually i also bought them together with the di-converter and a set of acss cables
just curious is there any difference between the audio-gd acss cable and some better diy cables :)
also does anyone find any sound difference by changing I2S cable? 

Aug 28, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #487 of 2,626
  But if you want to make a better quality ACSS cable, send King-Wa a mail & he will give you the pin configuration for the ACSS cable, you can provide that to a custom cable maker & they will make one for you. I had mine made by Signal Cable.

http://www.signalcable.com

Did you get the Silver Resolution Cable?

Aug 29, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #488 of 2,626
  Unless spec has changed the ACSS is just mini 3 pin XLR.

You only need to connect positive & negative, no need to connect ground although I did because I already had the cable for it.
If I remember correctly pin 1 is ground so only need to solder to pins 2 & 3.
It took me 15 minutes, if you can solder
biggrin.gif

The DAC to M9 is mini-Xlr but the ACSS connection from the Master 9 to Amp is a 4 pin XLR. People tend to forget that the M9 pre-amp section is even better than  the Head amp section.

Did you get the Silver Resolution Cable?

I have Silver Res cables through out my system (HP & Speaker).

Aug 29, 2014 at 7:16 AM Post #489 of 2,626
  The DAC to M9 is mini-Xlr but the ACSS connection from the Master 9 to Amp is a 4 pin XLR. People tend to forget that the M9 pre-amp section is even better than  the Head amp section.

I have Silver Res cables through out my system (HP & Speaker).

thanks so much for your help, can you please provide a bit more on what would be the benefit/upgrade of silver res cables over the audio-gd cables?

Sep 1, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #492 of 2,626

http://www.signalcable.com/

I asked Signal Cable if they can do an ACSS cable.

“Thank you for your interest, unfortunately we do not work with mini XLR connectors, as the openings are too small to fit any of our cables.”

Sep 1, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #493 of 2,626
Hmm.... they made one for me 3 years back. Guess business has picked up & they are busy, so must have stopped taking custom orders & are just making the "standard" cables. Another cable maker who used to make custom acss cable was Double Helix Cables (DHC). Can check with them if they still do.

Sep 2, 2014 at 5:20 AM Post #494 of 2,626

I asked Signal Cable if they can do an ACSS cable.

“Thank you for your interest, unfortunately we do not work with mini XLR connectors, as the openings are too small to fit any of our cables.”

thanks for letting us know this, was about to send them enquiry
fortunately, i got some help from local service who has been making great ics for years, after some research he agreed to help me make 1 custom pair acss using silverplated ofhc cable and neutrik connector
now only need to keep playing waiting game till the combo arrive :))

Sep 2, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #495 of 2,626

Yes Double Helix Chaperone can be bought with Audio GD mini XLR. The only problem is they want 449 USD for the 24 awg OCC coper and 749 for the 22awg "Fusion" (silver) design. A bit too much for me then I don’t know if it will sound any, little or much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back