Audio-GD DI-20
Jun 12, 2023 at 7:29 PM Post #4,846 of 5,353
Takes up to a week.

He's in New Zealand. It takes a week for email to get there from anywhere else. Well, 1 day from Australia :D

Jun 12, 2023 at 7:30 PM Post #4,847 of 5,353
Jun 13, 2023 at 2:15 AM Post #4,849 of 5,353
Remember is 11:34 am Tuesday here. I live in the future :)

In that case you might receive your DI-20HE a few hours before ordering :D

Jun 17, 2023 at 2:59 AM Post #4,851 of 5,353
Just ordered my DI20HE should be shipping later today :) .. I currently have a Denafrips Iris DDC and was considering going to the Gaia but
i think this will be even better. for less money and wanted to play around with the 10mhz master clock as my SOTM streamer has this input as well.

Regarding external clocking what is the view on the OCK2? i would probably use the Gustard C2 cable. Is the master clock worth the investment?
the OCK2 is more in my price range vs something like the SOTM master clock that runs to 3.5k https://telegrambetting.club/telegram-sports-betting/tennis-betting-telegram/.

My current DAC's don't support external clocking but i was considering clocking the DI20HE, SOTM Ultra Neo and SOTM TX-USBUltra and possibly
the V2 Gen Etheregen when it starts shipping..

My first HeadFi post after years of lurking should be an exciting japanese chef knives...
Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on your new purchase. Clocking your DACs is a great way to improve the sound of your system. From what I've heard, the OCK2 is a great value and a good choice for clocking the DI20HE. When it comes to the SOTM Ultra Neo and TX-USBUltra, I would suggest investing in the SOTM master clock if you can. It's definitely worth the extra money. Lastly, when the V2 Gen EtherRegen eventually starts shipping, that should be a great addition to your setup. Enjoy the ride!

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2023 at 6:21 AM Post #4,853 of 5,353
Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on your new purchase. Clocking your DACs is a great way to improve the sound of your system. From what I've heard, the OCK2 is a great value and a good choice for clocking the DI20HE. When it comes to the SOTM Ultra Neo and TX-USBUltra, I would suggest investing in the SOTM master clock if you can. It's definitely worth the extra money. Lastly, when the V2 Gen EtherRegen eventually starts shipping, that should be a great addition to your setup. Enjoy the ride!
Trust me i would love to get the SOTM master clock but its 5500 NZD and thats just insane money for a clock IMO.

Jun 17, 2023 at 6:33 PM Post #4,856 of 5,353
Jun 17, 2023 at 6:36 PM Post #4,857 of 5,353
Jun 18, 2023 at 2:29 AM Post #4,859 of 5,353
Yes. Initially there are constant improvements. After 100 hours it should reach satisfactory performance, but it is unstable. Next day can be disappointing. In a high resolution system it will take longer, as our ears are more sensitive to changes in sound.

Jun 18, 2023 at 4:53 AM Post #4,860 of 5,353
I think in general if good power is provided to all equipment, it is ready to go. The more components, stubborn components, bigger denser ones it will eventually settle down with time(maybe 2000hours).

Thing about AGD, the sound grows on me. I liked DI20HE, R8HEmk2, HE-9LE from the day I turned them on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back