audio-gd C-2 Class A
Feb 9, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #91 of 141
What did you end up deciding to do?

I'm actually just about to move to another city to start a new degree at the ripe old age of 25 haha. So amp/DAC upgrades will need to wait. I'll probably end up with either a C2/nfb3 stack or a nfb29. But then again if I'm going to be a student I probably won't be upgrading anytime soon. Will just have to live vicariously through you!

Feb 9, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #92 of 141
  So I just got this amp and will be pairing it with my HE560. I'll post impressions for sure but I have a good feeling about it.

In the mean time does anyone know if the 3-pin mini-XLR input is just that, a mini-XLR input? Audio-GD has it marked as ACSS input on their website but I have no idea what that is even when reading their explanation ACSS is.. Can someone shine some light on that aspect? Can I plug in my Yulong D100 to it via XLR line out to mini XLR on the back of the C-2 or is ACSS something else?

It's a transmission in the current domain, not voltage like most amps work. So, no, I don't think that is a good idea.

Well that's good to know! Could've messed up my amp without even getting it yet lol. I guess I'm stuck with running an XLR ot RCA cable as I'm currently using the line-out of my DAC (Yulong D100) to my stereo. I was hoping the mini-xlr was just that, a line level input but if it isn't then that's a bit of a let down. I wonder if the XLR to RCA cable has the same shielding benefit for long rungs, in my case only 25ft, as a balanced XLR to XLR.

Feb 10, 2015 at 7:57 AM Post #93 of 141

Well that's good to know! Could've messed up my amp without even getting it yet lol. I guess I'm stuck with running an XLR ot RCA cable as I'm currently using the line-out of my DAC (Yulong D100) to my stereo. I was hoping the mini-xlr was just that, a line level input but if it isn't then that's a bit of a let down. I wonder if the XLR to RCA cable has the same shielding benefit for long rungs, in my case only 25ft, as a balanced XLR to XLR.

The ACSS is used to connect Audio-gd DACs and amps only. It is of no use with other products :]

Also, very interested in your thoughts about the HE-560 pairing! I currently run the SA31SE, so very curios 
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 10, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #94 of 141
ACSS can work with Krell products as well, though I'd check with Kingwa.

Can't wait for the review, either!

Feb 14, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #95 of 141
Dear HeadFiers,
Sorry If I have overlooked something, but how the sound of C-2 Class A compares to other amps in the market?  To Burson, Violectric, Questyle, Schiit and many others?

Feb 14, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #96 of 141
Originally i wanted to get the gustard h10 (v200 clone) but after seeing someone selling a C-2 C A locally i jumped on it.

I've had the project Ember, project Polaris, and currently have the matrix m stage. I can get a comparison on those as at one point I've had them all with my he560.

Feb 19, 2015 at 3:21 AM Post #97 of 141
Originally i wanted to get the gustard h10 (v200 clone) but after seeing someone selling a C-2 C A locally i jumped on it.

I've had the project Ember, project Polaris, and currently have the matrix m stage. I can get a comparison on those as at one point I've had them all with my he560.

So haw about comparing to Matrix?

Feb 27, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #102 of 141
Well I haven't heard any amp from Audio-GD.

However, the C-2 Class A and the NFB-6 are the only amps I know of in their price bracket that offer a relay attenuator volume control. The majority of amps on the market are still using volume pots, while I have moved to digital volume just to remove the pot from the signal chain. The problem with digital volume is that I have very limited dynamic range to adjust the volume, so the gain on the amp has to be spot on for the cans. This is quite impossible when you have multiple very different cans.

On a different note, I want a volume knob too, but I guess I can live with the buttons if it's cheaper haha. I don't think implementing the volume knob would cost too much since I don't think they even need a motorized pot (which costs $$) with the remote control due to their digital relay attenuator.

If anyone has heard the C-2 with the HD650s post your impressions please!

Mar 4, 2015 at 12:26 AM Post #103 of 141
I was so close to affording one. 
frown.gif

Now so far.

In the mean time, I would also appreciate a comparison versus the M-Stage for the heck of it.  Not that I don't expect the dark and colored-sounding M-Stage to lose miserably.

Mar 31, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #104 of 141
I'm gong to need a week or two, still getting my opamp for the matrix and I want to get the recommended 300 hrs runtime on the c2ca before getting impressions.  

Spoiler alert:
I've sold my M-Stage so comparison will be done possibly tonight and/or tomorrow.

Any impressions to share with us?

Apr 13, 2015 at 2:37 AM Post #105 of 141
Teaser, a temp setup but enough to get everything together without moving much.

Spoiler alert:
I've sold my M-Stage so comparison will be done possibly tonight and/or tomorrow.

Oh man, that C2 Amp is huge...!
Waiting for your impressions as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back