Audio-GD A Cautionary Tale
Jan 3, 2010 at 5:17 AM Post #32 of 57
That's nice of you Peete. I'm sure Kingwa will make good on it.

Despite some delays, UncleFestive, he has always come through for me in the past with anything I purchased from him. I can put an inquiry in to him if you'd like. He has always responded to my e-mails.

Maybe this will be an opportunity for you to upgrade to the FUN.

Edit: Looks like Kingwa replied.

Jan 3, 2010 at 5:25 AM Post #33 of 57
I will share my experience with Audio-GD. After I got the Ref 1, I decided to get Ref 3, and FBI-500. I love how they sound, but there is some problems on the Ref 3 and FBI-500. The cap inside the FBI-500 exploded after 3min of listening. I send a email to Kingwa and tell him what happen. He said it was fully tested and he said that my JohnBlue JB3 cause this happen. LOL What happen to my Ref 3 is that there is some clicking sound when I upsampled the signal. So I decided to ship it back to him for repair. It cost me 100$ to ship it back to him, but he said the Ref 3 is perfectly working so he is not paying the shipping fee. I paid the duties were like 80$+ and shipping is around 100$. =(

After this experience, I sold everything that I got from Audio-gd and not to use them anymore.

Here is some pics of my FBI-500. If anyone is interested in fixing it, I will sell it for really cheap.

4239084917_7fa7c7a3e5.jpg

4239860932_0b80f7d3e0.jpg

4239085817_7c351895f0.jpg

4239861838_ab61c7a450.jpg

Jan 3, 2010 at 5:40 AM Post #34 of 57
For C.L:
For your amp, after you take the photos to me, and asked me send a upgrade mode (C1) to you. But I think this is our first amp complete shatter in my experience, we sold a lot amps in China, HK and some sold to oversea but never shatter as your photos, I think this is unintelligible, so refuse your upgrade request , then we have return full money of the amp to you, include the amp price + the shipping cost . We have tell you don't need ship back the amp, and help us take it to wastebin.
For the RE3, you said has problems and ask the money return, but my workers real can't check what problems in it. So we return the full price of RE3 to you.
Some customers also said the gears has problems then ship back, we also pay both way shipping cost if the gears have real problems.
We sale a lot in China and most customers enjoy it, no anyone said has problems.

Jan 3, 2010 at 5:48 AM Post #35 of 57
No, you didn't refund me the shipping fee. Anyway, you didn't give any explanation of why this happen at all. The only thing you said was my speaker cause this happen. I am not an expert in these stuff, but I am sure someone do in here. I don't know how does the speaker cause this happen when it is working perfectly with other speaker.

Jan 3, 2010 at 5:56 AM Post #36 of 57
CL what voltage is it set up for ? I might be interested in taking that FBI 500 off your hands.

Peete.

PS: Shipping fees are not refunded by any online or offline dealers/vendors that I know of...that is an unreasonable expectation IMO. Also 99% of operations will expect the unit to be shipped back before issuing the refund so consider yourself lucky that A-gd is not demanding you ship it back. I think you need to educate yourself a little better with what the vast majority of deals entail and realize that the A-gd policy is going above and beyond the usual call of duty. For example if you had purchased this amp from Pac Valve in USA you would have to ship it back and eat the shipping costs (both ways) to get your refund. With Kingwa you are getting a big break.

Jan 3, 2010 at 6:06 AM Post #37 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by C.L /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, you didn't refund me the shipping fee. Anyway, you didn't give any explanation of why this happen at all. The only thing you said was my speaker cause this happen. I am not an expert in these stuff, but I am sure someone do in here. I don't know how does the speaker cause this happen when it is working perfectly with other speaker.

We have return the amp price + shipping cost to you. Here is the photos to show the return detail.
We return HK$11904 ( USD1535) to your accounts include the amp price (USD1323) + shipping cost (USD212).

Jan 3, 2010 at 6:27 AM Post #39 of 57
This is all part of the risk of purchasing direct from China. I purposely bought my Compass from Pacific Valve to gift myself that blanket of safety. I ultimately returned the amp under their 30 day policy, but this would have been much more costly to return if I had bought direct from China. Pacific Valve also warranties the item themselves, so you don't have to pay shipping costs to China IIRC.

Jan 3, 2010 at 6:36 AM Post #40 of 57
Quote:

Oh I feel sorry about that, but what about the Ref 3?

Could be any number of variables....list how it's connected using what source hardware,cabling, your software player/drivers used etc...go into as much detail as you can. Sorry for the thread jack Uncle F
redface.gif

Peete.

Jan 3, 2010 at 6:41 AM Post #41 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsplice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pacific Valve also warranties the item themselves, so you don't have to pay shipping costs to China IIRC.

They do but you still have to eat the shipping costs which is SOP for most operations regardless of location. I do agree that buying in country is a better bet but Pac Valve doesn't stock the FBI-500 nor the RE1 or RE3 so for CL that choice is rendered moot.

Peete.

Jan 3, 2010 at 6:45 AM Post #42 of 57
I bought form PV too. They were great.

As far as overseas being a problem, I think it's ignorant to blame all overseas manufacturers for CS problems. It's a business issue, not a foreign issue. I had an experience with the infamous DJdeals.com. I had ordered a cartridge and that came promptly. So I ordered a turntable from them. It took 2 weeks to reply back, and they have lots of protective policies on their site. Also, they don't provide a telephone number. I eventually got my money back from them.

Basically, I don't care if an item is lost or backed up with x-mas, etc. That's a fact of life. But I at least expect a quick response to a customer's question or letting the customer know where the product is, especially in this day and age. That I did not get.

As far as sending stuff back, that's usually on the consumer's dollar.

Jan 3, 2010 at 7:03 AM Post #43 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by slytown /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought form PV too. They were great.

As far as overseas being a problem, I think it's ignorant to blame all overseas manufacturers for CS problems. It's a business issue, not a foreign issue. I had an experience with the infamous DJdeals.com. I had ordered a cartridge and that came promptly. So I ordered a turntable from them. It took 2 weeks to reply back, and they have lots of protective policies on their site. Also, they don't provide a telephone number. I eventually got my money back from them.

Basically, I don't care if an item is lost or backed up with x-mas, etc. That's a fact of life. But I at least expect a quick response to a customer's question or letting the customer know where the product is, especially in this day and age. That I did not get.

As far as sending stuff back, that's usually on the consumer's dollar.

But for Audio-GD, they promised that if the unit has any problems. You can send it back and they will pay for the shipping even if you want to get refund.

Jan 3, 2010 at 1:20 PM Post #44 of 57
Quote:

But for Audio-GD, they promised that if the unit has any problems. You can send it back and they will pay for the shipping even if you want to get refund.

I think Kingwa's point was, if it has any problems caused by a manufacturing defect. He said the FBI-500 blowing a cap was the result of the speakers it was used with, and that your Ref 3 had no faults when it was tested. What speakers were you using your FBI-500 with and what are their specs? Caps don't just randomly blow up.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back