Audio Advisor go "poof"??
Jul 22, 2001 at 3:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Holy Zoo

Head-Fier
I just read on usenet (rec.audio.opinion -- a nasty, nasty newsgroup, by the way) that Audio Advisor just went out of business. Anyone hear anything about this? I just tried the website, and nothing came up.
frown.gif

www.audioadvisor.com

Jul 22, 2001 at 5:18 AM Post #5 of 22
No workie for me....

There is a good chance though that this has to do with the fiber optic cable cut from the derailment of a freight train...

Or maybe not... I dunno, but I would be surprised if they went out of business, they just seem to be too attractive to buy from.

Jul 22, 2001 at 6:25 AM Post #7 of 22
NOPE, does not work for me as well. ( I also made 8 friends try it and ALL says no go)

KR.. I think your browser is running off the cache pages. Have you visit AA recently ? if so, then the pages are cached.

The 2 pics u post does not work as well. ( but works for you because the 2 pics are cached on your hd)

If this is indeed true, this will be a GREAT LOSS to all the audiophiles and new comers..AA's 30 days policy is great.. I am hoping it is just a server problem which cause this *rumor*

I think I just saw a grin on Tyll's face...
rolleyes.gif

Tides

PS. Newsgroup rules
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 22, 2001 at 7:25 AM Post #9 of 22
Just to prove it here's text from everypage, including those which I have never visted before until this post :

1st page

Monster Theater Amp With Power That 'Neighbors Dread'
The Earthquake CineNova Grande 300 watt-per-channel, five-channel home theater amp delivers sound to die for and power "that other manufacturers fear, neighbors dread," says Home Theater.
$3,495.00

What's New? page

What's New?
Results: 58
A/V Furniture [ View All ]
TV-C TV Stand with Castors (Boltz) $398.99
Audio Racks [ View All ]
Expandable CS4-S Four-Shelf Component Stand (Boltz) $589.99
Audio/Video Furniture Accessories [ View All ]
Shelf for Boltz Expandable LP/LD Storage System (Boltz) $118.99
Cable Connectors [ View All ]
RCA Caps (Cardas) $36.00
CD Racks [ View All ]
CD-110 CD Wall Storage Rack (Boltz) $58.99
CD-150 CD Storage Rack (Boltz) $108.99
CD-220 CD Wall Storage Rack (Boltz) $108.99
CD-275 Slim Tower CD Storage Rack (Boltz) $189.99
CD-330 Floorstanding CD Storage Rack (Boltz) $138.99
CD-600 CD Wall Storage Rack (Boltz)

Site Help page :

Site Help
Is it Safe to Order Online at AudioAdvisor.com?
How do I Order?
How do I Change or Delete Items in My Cart?
How do I Check Out Once I am Done Shopping?
What is the "Your Account" Section For?
What About International Orders?
What Payment Methods are Accepted?
Our Exclusive 30-day Money Back Guarantee
Shipping Information
Ordering Offline
Ordering by Email
Service After the Sale
Contact Us
Wait! I Need More Help!

Customer Care Page :

Home What's New Audio Advisor Help Customer Care

Your Satisfaction is Very Important to Us!
Customer Service
For questions about your order, missing parts, missed shipments, to report shipping damage or to make a return please contact our customer service department by phone, fax or email:
Phone: (800) 942-0220, option #1
Fax: (616) 656-9592
Email: orders@audioadvisor.com
Live Chat: http://chat.audioadvisor.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sales Department
For questions about a particular product or system configuration, please contact our Sales Representatives by phone, fax or email:
Phone: (800) 942-0220, option #7
Email: sales@audioadvisor.com
Live Chat: http://chat.audioadvisor.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Internet Department
For questions pertaining to the web site including product information, your "My Account" section, as well as checkout process, please contact our Webmaster by phone, fax or email:
Phone: (800) 942-0220, ext. 684
Email: webmaster@audioadvisor.com

As you can see, it up and working just fine.

Jul 22, 2001 at 11:07 AM Post #10 of 22
Like I said, I hope its some server problem with AA. I really dont think they will shut down just like that. At least put all the new items on clearance with 50% off .. so I can buy some stuff
smily_headphones1.gif

Tides

... you are not ready for my MOTH post.. coming up shortly.,,**

Jul 22, 2001 at 1:11 PM Post #11 of 22
Strange... very strange...

I've never been to that site before, so... I decided to try it... and I got...

Quote:

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
click Detect Network Settings
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

Whoops... unless they are having bandwidth problems at the moment?!

Jul 22, 2001 at 2:12 PM Post #12 of 22
I wouldn't worry about it -- there was some big Internet problem yesterday (a major network line is down or something). Once that's back, I'm sure AA will be available for everyone again.

Jul 22, 2001 at 4:06 PM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

I wouldn't worry about it -- there was some big Internet problem yesterday (a major network line is down or something). Once that's back, I'm sure AA will be available for everyone again.

As I mentioned before (and I was serious), there was a freight train that was derailed and sent some fiber cables to hell...

Jul 22, 2001 at 4:36 PM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by Tides
Like I said, I hope its some server problem with AA...

... you are not ready for my MOTH post.. coming up shortly.,,**

I'll probably hate myself for asking, but:

What's a MOTH post...?

Sounds like an upright stick smeared with insect attractant...

Jul 22, 2001 at 4:49 PM Post #15 of 22
Hmmm, I wonder if the MOTH posts is about the rare Moth Sa23 3Watt Integrated Amp that has a headphone jack. It was reviewed by Dan Swartz on TAS. Anyhow, I don't think I have heard any reviews of Moth by any headwizers yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back