Audinst HUD-mini (final review and pics added 9-27-12)
Apr 17, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #46 of 47
Hello, All

I am interested in Audinst HUD-mini for USB to Toslink usage.
My DAC is Benchmark DAC 1 ( without USB input) and has anyone tried to use Audinst HUD-mini as USB/Toslink convertor ? Dose it sound good ?

Thanks in advance !

Nov 4, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #47 of 47
Hi,
I`d like to ask for help some smart&proude owners of HUD-mini. This help is about making one very simple elecrical mesurement. Maybe at first I briefly explain why I need this one.
I decided to build my personal "portable" music player based on connectivity between computer and DAC/amp. Computer is Windows10 tablet (of course with Foobar2000) and my hottest candidate for DAC/amp is Audinst HUD-mini. Questions about audio quality has been answeread maybe all but one very important parameter wasn`t analyze, yet. This parameter has name a Power consumption. If I want use a tablet as a source of music datas then question about consumtion of device looks like key to my final decission. I don`t want to buy a device whitch will be usable and perfect but not for me. And my first condition is indenpendece to net adapters and similars sources of background noise. And of course, portability is next condition.
So I would like to ask to do a measurement focused to uncover a power consuption Audinst HUD-mini conected to USB port. How many mA need this device for their living. To 200mA is acceptable but over this level begins a problem.My tablet has two cells battery and it is possible to surf on internet nearly 10-12 hours. If Audinst will work half time I am happy.

Many, many thx for cooperation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back