Audeze LCD2 owners who own other headphone, please advise....
Apr 26, 2011 at 1:35 AM Post #31 of 35
Quote:
I heard the HE-6 through a WA5 with an upgraded rectifier and a couple other DIY amps as well. However, I was at a meet so my listening time was very brief. I would like to take it home and give it another shot.

The WA22 had the upgraded rectifier, the WA5 was stock.  You are all confused.  = ]

Apr 26, 2011 at 8:22 AM Post #32 of 35

Quote:
Quote:

The WA22 had the upgraded rectifier, the WA5 was stock.  You are all confused.  = ]

Luckily you're there to correct my mistakes 
biggrin.gif

Apr 26, 2011 at 8:46 AM Post #33 of 35
tho=though

I said the HE6s sounded very balanced through Nankai's system and music. I was surprised by another member's impression of them being bright so I think the culprit is Nankai's system and music. If the HE6 are considered as bright as the HD800, then yes. I also consider the K1000 and the Sony R10 basslight to be bright.

But I thought you had said:

"I'm not sure if changing the WA6SE would completely change the whole character of the T1."

And here you are saying that Fang's setup changed the "character" of the HE-6s? So why is one headphone affected by the front end amp/dac and not the other? Which is it?

I happen to own both and could very easily argue that in terms of "brightness" or lack thereof, they are about equal.

Oh and tho does not equal though.

Apr 26, 2011 at 10:38 AM Post #34 of 35
tho=though

I said the HE6s sounded very balanced through Nankai's system and music. I was surprised by another member's impression of them being bright so I think the culprit is Nankai's system and music. If the HE6 are considered as bright as the HD800, then yes. I also consider the K1000 and the Sony R10 basslight to be bright.

But I thought you had said:

"I'm not sure if changing the WA6SE would completely change the whole character of the T1."

And here you are saying that Fang's setup changed the "character" of the HE-6s? So why is one headphone affected by the front end amp/dac and not the other? Which is it?

I happen to own both and could very easily argue that in terms of "brightness" or lack thereof, they are about equal.

Oh and tho does not equal though.

His music and/or system must have been warm. I'm typing on my Iphone so give me a break with spelling shortcuts old man. If you think the T1 is neutral to your ears then I'm happy for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back