Audeze LCD-X
Nov 22, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #1,426 of 12,748
^If this happens that would be EPIC. I will be ready to checkout shopping cart within 20 seconds. Let me know. In fact I'm already planning on getting the X anyway at full price. The only thing delaying is my refusal to sell my current collection. I'm just going to add the X and not sell my babies. I don't care if they're vastly inferior. I love them like they're my children.

Nov 22, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #1,427 of 12,748
I guess there is only one big question left. Is the X better than the LCD-3 HE-6?

Nov 22, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #1,428 of 12,748
  I guess there is only one big question left. Is the X better than the LCD-3?

Have you read any of the previous posts in the thread? 
deadhorse.gif

Nov 22, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #1,429 of 12,748
  I guess there is only one big question left. Is the X better than the LCD-3?

Tried to answer that myself. Didn't managed to do that. They are both wonderful in different ways.

If you like organic, dark, full sound with excellent lush extended mids suited for very long periods of listening go with lcd3.

If you like a more opened sound, beautifully extended smooth treble, more neutral sound, faster transients and transparent sound go with X.

If you like both...well...tough luck :))

Nov 22, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #1,430 of 12,748
  Tried to answer that myself. Didn't managed to do that. They are both wonderful in different ways.

If you like organic, dark, full sound with excellent lush extended mids suited for very long periods of listening go with lcd3.

If you like a more opened sound, beautifully extended smooth treble, more neutral sound, faster transients and transparent sound go with X.

Just buy the LCD-3X -- problem solved! 
wink.gif

Nov 22, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #1,432 of 12,748

What he's trying to say: If you already have a few flagships including the HD800s and others, the LCD-3s are a good complement.

However if your high-end headphones choice is limited, just get the LCD-X. Simple as that.

Nov 22, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #1,433 of 12,748

Wear a 3 driver on one ear, and an X driver on the other. Problem solved.
blink.gif

Nov 22, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #1,434 of 12,748
Wow, did I say LCD-3? OOPS

I meant, is the X better than the HE-6?

Nov 22, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #1,435 of 12,748

Given these early reviews I don't think the choice will ever be clear. I think it will be a contested and debated topic for years to come.

No, only until the LCD-4 with Fazer II is debuted.  It'll have solid lead cups and a crown of thorns for a headband, but it'll sound like a stripper angel, an actual ANGEL who takes off his/her clothes for you, is singing directly into your brain lobes.  it'll weigh 15 lbs, but the resulting neck injury will send you straight to heaven.

Nov 23, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #1,436 of 12,748
If classical music is what you listen to, then the LCD-X sounds like the best choice.  If you want a jack of all trades (sounds good with any type of music you throw at it), then the LCD-X is the one you want.  If you like anything but classical music and don't want your ears to feel fatigued at all, then LCD-3 is your man.  It sounds like the LCD-3 is like an older distinguished gentleman you enjoy the company of for hours at a time while you are drinking a single malt Scotch and smoking a nice cigar.   I haven't actually heard the LCD-3 and the LCD-X, but there appears to be a consensus here from what I've been able to ascertain.  Let's say that both are the best at what they are supposed to do.  For me, it would be the LCD-X since I listen mostly to classical music and daddy needs smooth but extended treble!!!.  By the way, the LCD-2 is atrocious with classical music (i.e., atrocious being a relative term, since it is only so relative to the performance of the T1, HD800, TH-900, HE-6, PS-1000, and K701) given that it is so thick sounding, with no treble to speak of, and has a soundstage is the size of a matchbox (all relatively speaking, though, since it does everything but classical music superlatively).  I would expect the LCD-3 to be more of the same with classical music, albeit with more finesse, a larger soundstage, and a bit more treble.  By what I've been reading, the LCD-X strikes me as the equivalent to the T1, which is a great all-rounder.  If you know what you like, you'll know where to find it.  They are all great headphones with the right kind of music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back