Audeze LCD-X
Nov 28, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #7,248 of 12,748
LCDX and Hd800. Hard to justify upgrading from there. Got all my bases covered :grinning:

I'm dying to try get the HD800's but my wife is forcing me to choose between the 3F's and X's before I make another purchase. I've had both pairs about 3 months and can't make up my mind. The 3Fs are more transparent and overall better but the X's are more "fun" to listen to. Do you think the Hd800's complement the X's or 3Fs better?

Nov 28, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #7,249 of 12,748
I'm dying to try get the HD800's but my wife is forcing me to choose between the 3F's and X's before I make another purchase. I've had both pairs about 3 months and can't make up my mind. The 3Fs are more transparent and overall better but the X's are more "fun" to listen to. Do you think the Hd800's complement the X's or 3Fs better?

I have the HD800 and the 3f, had the X's for a week. Just my 2 cents but the 800 and 3f combination is magic. Thought the X was an absolutely great headphone but the 3f had more magic and the HD800 had the huge soundstage and neutrality edge.

Nov 28, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #7,250 of 12,748
Driving the LCD-X (SE Draug2 Norne Audio) with a Violectric V200 and an Yggy, I am just waiting for the H800S to show its face... Nevertheless, I'm still wondering what a HE-1000 is capable of with my set-up or something approaching in terms of synergy or sound signature. I'm listening to jazz, female vocals, modern classical, ambient, electronic, drone and pop. Could someone tell me his/her experience with a similar set-up and taste of music?

Ps: no, I unfortunately don't have the option to hear the HE-1000 in a shop/retailer where I live

Nov 28, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #7,251 of 12,748

They do apply an EQ, that's how.  It is to get you to buy it.  There is a difference though regardless of this in that all players use different qualities of decompression codec assuming the track is compressed.  For uncompressed tracks bit perfect is bit perfect and they are all the same.

Awesome, informative. Thanks dude! 

Nov 29, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #7,252 of 12,748

LCDX and Hd800. Hard to justify upgrading from there. Got all my bases covered :grinning:

I have the HD800's and the LCD-X's. Like you I found the X's more fun than the 3f's. Both are excellent. For me the X won out and compliments very nicely with the 800's. 

Nov 29, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #7,253 of 12,748

I think that's a personal choice for you between the two, I'd say either make a great companion to the HD800

Nov 29, 2015 at 9:43 AM Post #7,254 of 12,748
Or you could save up for these:

http://headphone.guru/the-new-big-kid-on-the-block-the-awesome-audeze-lcd-4/

Nov 29, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #7,255 of 12,748

Got an Ether C on order too 
biggrin.gif

Hi MrBucket,

If you just hang the LCD-X in this stand, leaving the other side with no headphone, does it affect the balance of the stand making it easily lean to the Audeze's side, risking a fall?

Thanks!

Sorry for this little hijacking of the thread...

Nov 30, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #7,257 of 12,748
  Nope, the Woo Audio stand is made out of aluminum so its quite heavy and sturdy, its one of the reasons I got it.  I've got one of those wooden omega stands and it tips over easily.

do you also think there are any long-term issues for the LCD's hanging on the woo stand due to it's weight?   I was worried about a deformation of the headband over time.   Was thinking of picking up that exact stand as well.

Nov 30, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #7,258 of 12,748
 Nope, the Woo Audio stand is made out of aluminum so its quite heavy and sturdy, its one of the reasons I got it.  I've got one of those wooden omega stands and it tips over easily.

do you also think there are any long-term issues for the LCD's hanging on the woo stand due to it's weight?   I was worried about a deformation of the headband over time.   Was thinking of picking up that exact stand as well.

The curve of the stand lines up with the curve of the headband. I've been using one for a couple of years with my LCDs - no issues.

Nov 30, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #7,260 of 12,748

Users who are viewing this thread

Back