Audeze LCD-X ear pads improvements
Aug 21, 2023 at 6:36 AM Post #46 of 51
5 years later and I'm wondering this same thing. I'm waiting to get the Dekoni pads in case the same thing happens with them. Can't stand that my ears touch the fazors.
Did your Dekoni pads solve your problem? I'm having the same issue with my 2020 LCD-Xs that I bought used. The pads are already a bit worn and really soft so maybe that's the problem. I'm thinking about getting a pair of dekoni pads as well so I'd love to know if they help.

Aug 21, 2023 at 11:12 AM Post #47 of 51
Audeze may not cover damages caused by padrolling. Ive asked them multiple times to clarify but they do not respond. Ive emailed support and Ive asked reps here on HF.

Audeze pads (at least currently) use a felt liner as a way of venting trapped air. Why Audeze doesnt use perforated pads or some type of baffle vents we do not know.

IMG_0604.png

Aug 21, 2023 at 5:43 PM Post #48 of 51
Audeze may not cover damages caused by padrolling. Ive asked them multiple times to clarify but they do not respond. Ive emailed support and Ive asked reps here on HF.

Audeze pads (at least currently) use a felt liner as a way of venting trapped air. Why Audeze doesnt use perforated pads or some type of baffle vents we do not know.

If the headphone was fine, and you modify them by using aftermarket earpads, we are not responsible for any damage you cause related to your pad rolling. Pretty standard stuff for any product where aftermarket items are used and they damage the product in any way.

Aug 21, 2023 at 7:04 PM Post #49 of 51
If the headphone was fine, and you modify them by using aftermarket earpads, we are not responsible for any damage you cause related to your pad rolling. Pretty standard stuff for any product where aftermarket items are used and they damage the product in any way.
Thank you MLE!

Its odd because padrolling is common in the headphone hobby - Audeze owners included. Im curious when Audeze will add baffle vents or something else sturdier than felt for people who wish to try aftermarket pads without risking damaging the drivers. Should help Audeze with amount of returns and repairs since most people are seemingly unaware of the risk. @DekoniAudio

Aug 21, 2023 at 10:58 PM Post #50 of 51
Thank you MLE!

Its odd because padrolling is common in the headphone hobby - Audeze owners included. Im curious when Audeze will add baffle vents or something else sturdier than felt for people who wish to try aftermarket pads without risking damaging the drivers (#). Should help Audeze with amount of returns and repairs since most people are seemingly unaware of the risk (*)@DekoniAudio
(#) Why should Audeze support mod / aftermarket activity?
(*) Assuming that aftermarket pad use falls outside warranty provisions, the cost of the headphone returns and repairs is borne by the owners - it is revenue to Audeze.

Aug 21, 2023 at 11:00 PM Post #51 of 51
(#) Why should Audeze support mod / aftermarket activity?
(*) Assuming that aftermarket pad use falls outside warranty provisions, the cost of the headphone returns and repairs is borne by the owners - it is revenue to Audeze.
Maybe the owners lie and dont share info that they altered the headphones (by installing aftermarket pads) when they send them in for repair under warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back