Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Jun 13, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #4,246 of 6,388
I'm curious if there are any others, like me, who purchased the LCD-3 classic and then sent in to Audeze for the fazor upgrade that did NOT include a change in drivers. I guess I would have to describe mine as LCD-3CF. I have had them for at least 3 years now without any issues and I am very satisfied with the sound quality. I can't help but wonder, however, how they compare with the full fazor models that include different drivers. I suspect mine sound more like the classic than the fazored model. Has anyone compared the two?

Jun 18, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #4,247 of 6,388
I currently own the LCD-3f (may2015 build) , LCD-4, Hifiman HE-1K, and the new Sennheiser 800S headphones. All four are fantastic headphones in their own right. After months of listening on a nightly basis, I often find myself enjoying the LCD-3f the most for the way it communicates music to my ear. They are just so organic sounding and just get my toes tapping more than the others for some reason. I'm so happy that I didn't take others advice to sell them once I got the LCD-4.

Jun 18, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #4,248 of 6,388
I currently own the LCD-3f (may2015 build) , LCD-4, Hifiman HE-1K, and the new Sennheiser 800S headphones. All four are fantastic headphones in their own right. After months of listening on a nightly basis, I often find myself enjoying the LCD-3f the most for the way it communicates music to my ear. They are just so organic sounding and just get my toes tapping more than the others for some reason. I'm so happy that I didn't take others advice to sell them once I got the LCD-4.

I'd say you have a pretty serious headphone habit 
atsmile.gif

Jun 19, 2016 at 4:34 AM Post #4,250 of 6,388

I agree they are so musical and engaging. This is a headphone for people that like to listen to music and not only analyze it. 

Jun 20, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #4,251 of 6,388
Hey there LCD owners. I've recently come into my second pair of LCD 3s, and I've run into a frustrating issue with the left mini XLR connector with the stock balanced cable: it's stuck and will not release.

If memory serves, this has happened to other owners before, but I've been on able to locate those posts. I've contacted the manufacturer, but since I'm the second owner I'm not sure what to expect. Was anyone able to remedy this issue without having to send the headphones off?

Jun 21, 2016 at 3:44 AM Post #4,252 of 6,388
Hey there LCD owners. I've recently come into my second pair of LCD 3s, and I've run into a frustrating issue with the left mini XLR connector with the stock balanced cable: it's stuck and will not release.

If memory serves, this has happened to other owners before, but I've been on able to locate those posts. I've contacted the manufacturer, but since I'm the second owner I'm not sure what to expect. Was anyone able to remedy this issue without having to send the headphones off?

I think this is the post you are looking for, http://www.head-fi.org/t/575751/new-audeze-lcd3/10965#post_12381843
The warranty is fully transferable so if it is still within the 3 year warranty period you will be covered even as the second owner.

Jun 21, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #4,253 of 6,388
Jun 23, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #4,255 of 6,388
Anyone know whether it is worth paying to change the drivers to the 2016 version?

Depend on your sonic preference, cost and which LCD3 revision you have. 

Jun 23, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #4,257 of 6,388
I was really asking whether there are any substantial differences.
Mine are 3 years old. The price in Hong Kong to replace the drivers is HKD6,000 (USD1:HKD7.5)

Why don't you consider to ship back to US for the replacement?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/753171/no-shame-on-audeze-buyer-neednt-beware/180#post_11291064
According to this post, the replacement cost is only USD375 for LCD-3.. Less than HKD3,000..

Find a friend or a shipping company to do it for you.. 

Jun 23, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #4,258 of 6,388
Jun 23, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #4,259 of 6,388
My new LCD-3 Fazors from Razor Dog arrived yesterday. Oh my! I have the LCD-2 Fazor; Sennheiser HD-800; and Ether, but the LCD-3's are my new go to cans for listening. The depth of sound and musicality are amazing. Even though they have a lot of burning-in to do, there is no doubt to my ears that I made the right choice.
Thanks to everyone on this Forum for the tips and comments.

Jun 23, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #4,260 of 6,388
I have a set of newly replaced LCD-3s. Mine were the 2014, first release of the fazor. To me the upgrade is substantial. They sound quite a bit more open and clear than before. They still sound like Audezes, but just with added clarity and better image than before. However, I have recently tried the HD800S, it is making me reconsider my allegiance to the LCD-3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back