Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Sep 6, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #1,367 of 6,385
$1695 NIB LCD-3 FS right now....the kid has no feedback though 
confused_face.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/680474/brand-new-audeze-lcd-3-unopened

Sep 6, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #1,369 of 6,385
nah i already have LCD-3.  but its a good deal, as long as its legit.

Sep 6, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #1,370 of 6,385
This post of yours just got my attention. If I remember right, you had the 800 and you've switched to the LCD 3. Curious as to what made you do that ?

Same thing that made the HD800 worth keeping over the LCD-2... GS-X mk2 =)

It really filled out the bottom on the HD800 and the treble is just butter.  Problem is it did it's magic on the LCD-3 too.  Pure natural dynamics, eye blinking impact and deep deep bass.  Imaging is pin point and unlike the HD800 performance is consistent and not music dependent.  That in the end was the nail in the coffin for the HD800, some song have a lot of content in its problem area and sound horrid.  Others fall in its strengths and sound great.  My review list... fell in its great range so it took some time to zero in on it.  Now I have a new list :wink:

Sep 6, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #1,372 of 6,385
im really excited to get the GSX, hope it works well with HD 800, based on all the reviews, seems like its just what i need for LCD-3 and HE-500.

seems like they sound a little slow on my WA6-SE, its close to perfect, but i do hear some flaws. seems like SS will be the best choice. unless of course, i had $5500 to spend on an Allnic HPA5000,

if the Hd 800 don't impress me on GSX, i will get the WA5 or WA22.

Sep 6, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #1,373 of 6,385
If the GS-X mk2 doesn't impress the WA22 has no chance of either.  My WA22 was bested by 3-4 amps I've had, all cost less.  I'd like to hear the EC 2A3 some day but I really have no reason to any more /shrug

Sep 6, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #1,375 of 6,385
  If the GS-X mk2 doesn't impress the WA22 has no chance of either.  My WA22 was bested by 3-4 amps I've had, all cost less.  I'd like to hear the EC 2A3 some day but I really have no reason to any more /shrug

+1, WA5 and WA22 is a waste of money. Dougs ECP amp's seem to be very good with the HD800, Tyll enjoyed it for his Abyss review. They aren't very expensive either.

Sep 6, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #1,376 of 6,385
i think the GSX will satisfy my needs as far as an endgame SS amp and a planar amp

for my endgame tube amp, i want a euphonic, smooth, and warm tube amp, but i want it to be transparent and detailed as well, with some good bass, tight and controlled, yet with enough quantity, even if its a little more than neutral, oh and good transients/speed

am i asking for too much ? 
frown.gif

Sep 6, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #1,377 of 6,385
  i think the GSX will satisfy my needs as far as an endgame SS amp and a planar amp

for my endgame tube amp, i want a euphonic, smooth, and warm tube amp, but i want it to be transparent and detailed as well, with some good bass, tight and controlled, yet with enough quantity, even if its a little more than neutral, oh and good transients/speed

frown.gif

No your not. It has to be perfect. I have a feeling that GSX will be excellent with the planars

Sep 6, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #1,378 of 6,385

frown.gif

Why are you focusing on just obtaining a mythical "end game" status and wasting money rather than focusing what you enjoy most? For the sake of e-peen contest? Just go with whatever you hear sounds best to your ears.

There lies in another problem, you can't have a tube amp that is distortively warm and euphonic but be transparent or neutral at the same time, even with tube rolling, it will be limited greatly depending on the circuit and design of the amplifier itself. Some say the Super 7 is a chameleon of an amp with the HD800's but than a lot of other people say otherwise. 

Sep 6, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #1,379 of 6,385

Why are you focusing on just obtaining a mythical "end game" status and wasting money rather than focusing what you enjoy most? For the sake of e-peen contest? Just go with whatever you hear sounds best to your ears.

There lies in another problem, you can't have a tube amp that is distortively warm and euphonic but be transparent or neutral at the same time, even with tube rolling, it will be limited greatly depending on the circuit and design of the amplifier itself. Some say the Super 7 is a chameleon of an amp with the HD800's but than a lot of other people say otherwise. 

e-vag 
tongue.gif

and cause i feel that i have not reached perfection.

there is better, and i must have it.

also its not a contest, if i wanted to win, all i need is 009 and some high end stat amp or a kavalli amp and be done.

Sep 6, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #1,380 of 6,385
  e-vag 
tongue.gif

and cause i feel that i have not reached perfection.

there is better, and i must have it.

Good luck with that because there is no such thing as perfection, it doesn't exist in this world, it is just a loosely thrown term of what people want to achieve. No law governs or schematics say and describe what perfection is, as things can only be improved better over time.

Aside from that, why not just spend $50k on a MSB Diamond DAC tomorrow and get yourself some $100k monoblocks to drive your headphones? I'm sure if you follow the logic of moar expensive = better than you should be done with your upgrades.

I think this hobby and the negative influences from Head-fi has drove you into a state where you've become delusional and care more about gear than music enjoyment itself.

Very sad. 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back