Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Sep 15, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #4,066 of 13,139
  I bought a new pair of LCD-2's for $800 from http://www.razordogaudio.com/ and I am completely blown away by them. I have never heard anything like these and my favorite headphone before now has been the already amazing HD 650's.

The serial number of mine is  5423381 and it was made in made in December 2013 according to the warranty documentation. Do I have the latest version?

Mine is 5422xxx and it's the fazored one, so yours should be fazored too. 

Sep 15, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #4,067 of 13,139
Oh, I read on inner fidelity that you can feel them through the cloth on top of the drivers and I can. Cool.

If that is all that they have done then I highly doubt that it matters anyway.

The thing that surprises me is that they actually changed the drivers at some point so that would piss me off if I had bought them early.

Sep 15, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #4,068 of 13,139

Hi, 

here the Diono softpad on my lcd-2, in case you were wondering how it looks like. 

I appreciated the pic... I've already got it in my Amazon cart! The top of my head thanks you! Too bad Audeze has not addressed this issue:frowning2:

According to Tyll the Fazored LCDs started 18th December 2013.  So if it's after that, you have the latest revision.

Thanks... So then I do have the fazor as well. My Certificate of Authentication was dated 1.21.14, and serial # is 54238XX

Sep 15, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #4,069 of 13,139
As long as we're on the topic of comfort for the LCD2, is there any remedy for the excess pressure of the pad in front of the ear?

Thanks.

Sorry if this has been indicated before, I couldn't find anything with a cursory search:frowning2:

Sep 15, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #4,070 of 13,139
The drivers only changed between rev. 1 and 2, the material changed at the same time of Fazor implementation, but only changes how the driver wears over a long period according to Audeze engineering.

Sep 15, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #4,072 of 13,139
The definitive way to determine your Fazor credentials - other than the touch test - is to ask Audez'e!

Quoting your serial number to us is not the way. What's our opinion worth?

There's been some evidence in the past the serial numbers aren't serial - they increment randomly. Maybe true, maybe not...

Sep 15, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #4,073 of 13,139
  Thanks for posting this, does the pad have a giant crease in the middle?  how thick is the foam?  Looks like a good option.

sorry but I don't understand what do you mean for crease, can you please explain me better?
If you put the velcro on top for your headband, the bottom it's pretty smooth and soft and it evens out the padding. Unfortunately it doesn't have too much foam (maybe a 1/4 inch) but it helps and keeps the leather clean.

Sep 15, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #4,074 of 13,139

sorry but I don't understand what do you mean for crease, can you please explain me better?
If you put the velcro on top for your headband, the bottom it's pretty smooth and soft and it evens out the padding. Unfortunately it doesn't have too much foam (maybe a 1/4 inch) but it helps and keeps the leather clean.

alright thank you.  I wanted to know if the pad actually bent to the shape of the headband rather than just folding in the middle.  You answered my question.  I'll order one soon!

Sep 15, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #4,075 of 13,139
Has anyone got the black microseude pads yet? I noticed when you order direct from Audeze they dont give you an option for color, even though in accessories they do have them. So how would you go about ordering the black ones on the lcd 2?

Sep 15, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #4,076 of 13,139
  Has anyone got the black microseude pads yet? I noticed when you order direct from Audeze they dont give you an option for color, even though in accessories they do have them. So how would you go about ordering the black ones on the lcd 2?

I think they're for LCD-X only.

Sep 15, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #4,077 of 13,139
  alright thank you.  I wanted to know if the pad actually bent to the shape of the headband rather than just folding in the middle.  You answered my question.  I'll order one soon!

you're welcome!  I hope this may help you, then every head has it's own shape so it's a pretty subjective matter... 

Sep 15, 2014 at 6:59 PM Post #4,078 of 13,139
Audeze emailed me back about my paint peeling issue, they said they didn't receive any emails from me when I sent them through the "Contact Us" form on their website, so I think it may be broken or messed up.

They said I can RMA if I'd like and they'll inspect + fix them when they get them.

yay!

Sep 15, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #4,079 of 13,139

I think they're for LCD-X only.

Well on the lcd-x page there also is not a color choice option. I get that they have standard colors (brown for lcd 2, black for lcd x) but since they made all the pads the same on all the models now, why would being able to change the color not be allowed? esp since you can order them separately(except that requires the not so easy job of removing and reattaching pads, which I'd rather they just do for me in the first place) I dont see the logic.

There is a comment box in the order form, which I was thinking could be the place you mention you want a different color?

Just doesnt really make sense when all the pads are identical now, and the only differences are color. I understand in the past you couldn't say you wanted the lcd 3 color pads on your lcd 2 because they were different materials, but like I said thats not an issue now.

Sep 15, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #4,080 of 13,139

Just doesnt really make sense when all the pads are identical now, and the only differences are color. I understand in the past you couldn't say you wanted the lcd 3 color pads on your lcd 2 because they were different materials, but like I said thats not an issue now.

Yep, I dunno why. Maybe try shooting them an e-mail? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back