Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Sep 14, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #4,036 of 13,139

Not really easy, a bit resistant. The R1 pads filter is thicker than the newer ones I think (?)

Everything counts with small changes to pads, so that might have been part of the recessed treble sig on R1. 

Exactly, what I found with my R1 pads, and the effect of changing to new pads is also as expected, a touch more air, perfecting the sound signature (to my ears, that is).

Sep 14, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #4,039 of 13,139
I just joined the club!  I found a great deal on a used LCD-2 Rev 2 Bamboo. (not Head-Fi classifieds). Awesome upgrade coming from HE500 and HD650!

However I have a couple of issues.

It seems the headband is not level front to back, in other words, it does not sit level on top of my head and the rear edge of the headband is the only part making contact with the top of my head and is giving me headaches. Has anyone else experienced this and how do you recommend straightening/fixing it?"

Also, I had been looking for a pre-fazor LCD2 due to the reviews and comments I have read about it. In the ad, it was described as pre-fazor. However I can feel the ridges on the inside of the earcups leading me to believe I have the fazor model.
According to Tyll in his blog on InnerFidelity, "The way to tell if your Audeze headphones have a Fazor is to rub your finger on the inside of the ear-cup to feel the ridges of the Fazor through the grill-cloth."

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/audeze-lcd-x-fazor-and-fresh-listen-current-lcd-2-and-lcd-3

Any thoughts on the headband?
Also, what I may be missing/gaining with the fazor revision?

Thanks in advance for any input!

edited for clarity.

Sep 14, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #4,041 of 13,139

The fazor improved resolution and imaging. I compared them for a few days and found the fazored one is a bit better.  

I remember same doubt was exist when the rev 2 came, and it was 
many negative reviews and comments about it in compare to rev 1.

Thanks,
Maybe the fazor is a improvement. I seem to have a little basshead in me and I was hoping to not lose out on some bass slam:)

Sep 14, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #4,042 of 13,139

Thanks,
Maybe the fazor is a improvement. I seem to have a little basshead in me and I was hoping to not lose out on some bass slam:)

I'd go back a couple pages and read the in depth reply from Audeze about why so many people claimed the sub bass drop off.  I guess they also changed driver materials when they introduced fazors and there's quite a bit of good info there.

Sep 14, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #4,043 of 13,139
I'd go back a couple pages and read the in depth reply from Audeze about why so many people claimed the sub bass drop off.  I guess they also changed driver materials when they introduced fazors and there's quite a bit of good info there.

Do you perhaps know which page? I'd like to have a look but im on mobile and pages are sometimes slow to load

Sep 14, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #4,044 of 13,139
Do you perhaps know which page? I'd like to have a look but im on mobile and pages are sometimes slow to load

I'm on my phone right now as well. I'll search for it when I get back though. Navigating through a hundred pages on 3G is pretty annoying, I agree. :)

Got on my desktop, here you go:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/509710/audeze-lcd-2-impressions-thread/3750#post_10799025

Sep 14, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #4,045 of 13,139
I'm on my phone right now as well. I'll search for it when I get back though. Navigating through a hundred pages on 3G is pretty annoying, I agree. :)

Got on my desktop, here you go:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/509710/audeze-lcd-2-impressions-thread/3750#post_I

Thanks for the link, saved me a lot of time looking for the page. I feel somewhat better about having the fazor model, (if that is truly what I have).

That leaves the headband issue to rectify.

"It seems the headband is not level front to back, in other words, it does not sit level on top of my head and the rear edge of the headband is the only part making contact with the top of my head and is giving me headaches. Has anyone else experienced this and how do you recommend straightening/fixing it?"

Thanks.

Sep 14, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #4,046 of 13,139
Thanks for the link, saved me a lot of time looking for the page. I feel somewhat better about having the fazor model, (if that is truly what I have).

That leaves the headband issue to rectify.

"It seems the headband is not level front to back, in other words, it does not sit level on top of my head and the rear edge of the headband is the only part making contact with the top of my head and is giving me headaches. Has anyone else experienced this and how do you recommend straightening/fixing it?"

Thanks.

I have a rev1 with a foam headband and it has the same issue. I don't think there is much you can do. Just a poor design on Audeze's part.

Sep 14, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #4,047 of 13,139

It seems the headband is not level front to back, in other words, it does not sit level on top of my head and the rear edge of the headband is the only part making contact with the top of my head and is giving me headaches. Has anyone else experienced this and how do you recommend straightening/fixing it?"

I've owned two LCD-2s and both were exactly the same as yours.  It seems our heads are not compatible with the design Audeze has chosen.  Actually, playing around a bit, I find that the headband would be in near full contact (front and back) if the pads were replaced by flat pads (not thicker in the back).  I'm guessing that the headband was designed before the angled pads were added, but never changed.

Sep 14, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #4,048 of 13,139
I have a rev1 with a foam headband and it has the same issue. I don't think there is much you can do. Just a poor design on Audeze's part.

I've owned two LCD-2s and both were exactly the same as yours.  It seems our heads are not compatible with the design Audeze has chosen.  Actually, playing around a bit, I find that the headband would be in near full contact (front and back) if the pads were replaced by flat pads (not thicker in the back).  I'm guessing that the headband was designed before the angled pads were added, but never changed.

Hmmm... I believe you're right. With the cans on and then twisting the ear pieces so as to simulate flat, non angled pads it levels off the headband. Looks like I'll be looking for a headband pad of some sorts.

Thanks!

Sep 14, 2014 at 11:14 PM Post #4,049 of 13,139

Hmmm... I believe you're right. With the cans on and then twisting the ear pieces so as to simulate flat, non angled pads it levels off the headband. Looks like I'll be looking for a headband pad of some sorts.

Thanks!

Let us know what you chose! I've had the same problem, especially with the bumps digging into my head after half an hour.  Just looked the ultra generic one up and it seems to be a bit cheaper, might pick one up:
http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Leatherette-Universal-Sennheiser-Beyerdynamic/dp/B00862522A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1410750780&sr=8-1&keywords=headphone+band+pad

EDIT:  Decided to impulsively buy the same thing on ebay with $1.90 shipping lol.

Sep 14, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #4,050 of 13,139
  Let us know what you chose! I've had the same problem, especially with the bumps digging into my head after half an hour.  Just looked the ultra generic one up and it seems to be a bit cheaper, might pick one up:
http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Leatherette-Universal-Sennheiser-Beyerdynamic/dp/B00862522A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1410750780&sr=8-1&keywords=headphone+band+pad

EDIT:  Decided to impulsively buy the same thing on ebay with $1.90 shipping lol.

No way it will fit. It barely fit the widest center part of my HiFiMAN-400's before, and crimped the leather edges so they would not sit straight if the after-market cushion was removed..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back