Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Apr 23, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #5,161 of 7,353
So, I got my isine20 today from adorama. One tiny Scuff on the paint on one, Tiny scuff on the logo of the other. Had I not known and thoroughly inspected, I'd have never known.

What say ye of burn in on these? Way back in the thread audeze claims they're burned in already, but I'm honestly hoping not, or hoping my brain has a lot of brain burn in to do....

I can't quite find the right EQ settings on my cayin n3, hoping to alleviate that soon with the arrival of my hiby r6.

Thus far, I've switched quite a few tips, but have yet to experience the "magic" I was looking for, especially in soundstage and separation. Hoping for brain burn in...
What material tips have you tried?

Apr 23, 2018 at 9:06 PM Post #5,162 of 7,353
What say ye of burn in on these? Way back in the thread audeze claims they're burned in already, but I'm honestly hoping not, or hoping my brain has a lot of brain burn in to do....
Hi,

I am listening to a pair of LX and IMO they are fantastic, I had asked the questioned regarding breakin.They opened up for me allot after breakin of 100hrs. Just play music, not loud for a few nights.

Apr 23, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #5,163 of 7,353
I can't quite find the right EQ settings on my cayin n3, hoping to alleviate that soon with the arrival of my hiby r6.

If it helps, these are the settings I've been using w/10-band eq on the Shanling M3S to approximate one of the alternate EQ curves that Kmann had posted.

isine2.PNG

Apr 23, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #5,164 of 7,353
Thanks, I'll keep playing with EQ settings tomorrow, the settings I were using were more focused on bringing down the 500-2000 hz range by 3-4 db, and just running through the presets to get a gauge of the overall sound.

I'll have them play all week long at the office to get them burnt in.

Right now I've only tried the several pairs of silicon tips that came with it. The nozzle is huge, so I'm having to mess around with my current tip collection to try and rig some up to fit without destroying them. I usually use large tips, but so far those have sounded the worst....

These are an odd duck as far as that goes, so I think this will take quite a bit of experimentation. Any foam tips anyone know of that work well? I tend to prefer foamies.

Apr 23, 2018 at 10:33 PM Post #5,165 of 7,353
Thanks, I'll keep playing with EQ settings tomorrow, the settings I were using were more focused on bringing down the 500-2000 hz range by 3-4 db, and just running through the presets to get a gauge of the overall sound.

Right now I've only tried the several pairs of silicon tips that came with it. The nozzle is huge, so I'm having to mess around with my current tip collection to try and rig some up to fit without destroying them. I usually use large tips, but so far those have sounded the worst....

These are an odd duck as far as that goes, so I think this will take quite a bit of experimentation. Any foam tips anyone know of that work well? I tend to prefer foamies.
Did they come with the Groovy tips? I had great results with a medium.

Apr 23, 2018 at 10:35 PM Post #5,166 of 7,353
The nozzle is huge, so I'm having to mess around with my current tip collection to try and rig some up to fit without destroying them. I usually use large tips, but so far those have sounded the worst....

Yeah, finding a good fit with the iSines is a bit of a process. Larger Comply tips will fit (600 and 500).

In non-foam options, Spinfit CP230-M dual flange and CP155 fit. Spiral dots fit, but it takes some effort to stretch them over the nozzle. Those and the Audeze Groovy tips are good places to start.

Apr 24, 2018 at 12:58 AM Post #5,167 of 7,353
Yeah, finding a good fit with the iSines is a bit of a process. Larger Comply tips will fit (600 and 500).

In non-foam options, Spinfit CP230-M dual flange and CP155 fit. Spiral dots fit, but it takes some effort to stretch them over the nozzle. Those and the Audeze Groovy tips are good places to start.

Thanks, the large groovy tips so far have been the worst ones, the medium non groovy the best.... I guess I'll bite the bullet and buy actual comply 600s, unless I can find new bee or znari that fit.... For my use the new bees actually work better and cost 1/4 of the comply.

Question, from the chart it says 4db at 4khz, is that +4db or - 4db?

Apr 24, 2018 at 1:23 AM Post #5,168 of 7,353
Thanks, the large groovy tips so far have been the worst ones, the medium non groovy the best.... I guess I'll bite the bullet and buy actual comply 600s, unless I can find new bee or znari that fit.... For my use the new bees actually work better and cost 1/4 of the comply.

+4. For reference, here are the parametric EQ settings from KMann: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/aud...netic-earphones.818870/page-167#post-13518210

Apr 24, 2018 at 2:06 AM Post #5,169 of 7,353

Don't waste your money om the comply tips they degrade the isine's on all levels imo
Play with the EQ and let your ears/brain adjust for a couple of days

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2018 at 5:46 AM Post #5,170 of 7,353

As Audeze will tell you, and I can attest to, these are not supposed to be fitted like typical IEM. tip seal is not supposed to be tight like a typical IEM. All is I use a medium tip. With these I use a small that ever so lightly barely creates a loose seal in my canal. For the record, Comply 600 series isolation tips compress very little IF at all in my ear canal. These kind dog tips give the best overall sound IMO. Silicone aounso horrible and definitely need all kind of eq adjustment. With the 600 series small foam, I'm happy with no eq.

Apr 24, 2018 at 10:19 AM Post #5,171 of 7,353
If it helps, these are the settings I've been using w/10-band eq on the Shanling M3S to approximate one of the alternate EQ curves that Kmann had posted.

These helped immensely. Thanks.

Immediate and huge improvement in tonality and especially detail retrieval.

Also, i like foam, I'll have to give a smaller size comply 600 a try.... The medium silicon tips seem to be ok, but I just don't like the comfort level as I'm so used to foam now.

Apr 24, 2018 at 10:11 PM Post #5,173 of 7,353
For those non Apple users I just got a iFI XDSD and it pairs nicely with my 20s and the Bass Boost and 3D effect is a nice feature for that extra boost if needed. Plenty of power to.
Good to hear. This is one of the portable DACs I was looking to possibly upgrade to

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back