Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Sep 14, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #361 of 7,352

Any other sites sell it?  NVM, Moon Audio has them :).

They have only the iSINE20.  Were you looking for another site because of something having to do with HiFi Heaven itself or for another reason?  I've never purchased for them before, and so I am curious as to why you were looking for a different retailer.

I thought so too, but the iSINE10 is way at the bottom of this page:

https://www.moon-audio.com/headphones/by-brand/audeze.html

- Dave

Sep 14, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #362 of 7,352

Got it. 

Well, I'm very excited.  I've used Shure IEMs since 2008.  I currently use the SE425.  I imagine this will be a big step up.

If that's the case I advice you hold off on it, as the sound will be very different than what you are used to.

Sep 14, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #363 of 7,352
  If that's the case I advice you hold off on it, as the sound will be very different than what you are used to.

not being argumentative, and never heard the se425, but do you really think so?

out of all of the iems ive heard, jh audio and shures sound the most like audeze as far as company sound sigs go...

Sep 15, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #366 of 7,352

I'm not head-over-heels in love with the Shure SE425.  It's a little flat.  Based on what I've read, I think I'll enjoy the sound signature from the iSINE10.

The iSine10 is easier to drive than the 20 since it has a lower impedance than the 20. Sure the 20 might sound a "little better" but if used outdoors I don't think that would matter much with the ambient noise.

Sep 15, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #367 of 7,352

The iSine10 is easier to drive than the 20 since it has a lower impedance than the 20. Sure the 20 might sound a "little better" but if used outdoors I don't think that would matter much with the ambient noise.

why would is20 sound better if used outdoors ?

Sep 15, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #368 of 7,352
  why would is20 sound better if used outdoors ?

Exactly my point. Audeze claims 20 is better than 10 and that's why it is $200 more. Well I would be using this for my on the go sound system with a phone, a portable DAP, tablet, laptop, etc... These sources are not exactly serious-fi. At home I would be using my better rig.

Sep 15, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #369 of 7,352
This looks interesting and those low THD numbers are really impressive. Wonder what the channel imbalance is going to be? Hope it's as good as the THD numbers.

Sep 15, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #370 of 7,352

I think I have these electrostatic "IEM" mentioned in graph 1. I would be definitely interested in something which sounds better and does not require a specific amp (so I can use my Mojo directly). I have problems with anything stuck to deep in my ear channels and therefore have moded my Stax  (see my avatar) that they sit directly on the ear channel. They fit  very secure and are quite comfortable to me and I wonder if a similar direct cast could work with the iSine?

Sep 17, 2016 at 5:53 AM Post #372 of 7,352
http://www.cnet.com/uk/news/are-you-ready-for-audezes-radically-different-in-ear-headphone/

"The iSine10's earpieces are relatively large, but I found them comfortable over an admittedly short listening time. Without EQ turned on I heard incredibly deep, clearly articulated bass, natural midrange and very finely detailed treble. Soundstaging was bigger and far more spacious than even the better in-ears, and soft-to-loud dynamics were excellent."

Sep 17, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #373 of 7,352
  http://www.cnet.com/uk/news/are-you-ready-for-audezes-radically-different-in-ear-headphone/

"The iSine10's earpieces are relatively large, but I found them comfortable over an admittedly short listening time. Without EQ turned on I heard incredibly deep, clearly articulated bass, natural midrange and very finely detailed treble. Soundstaging was bigger and far more spacious than even the better in-ears, and soft-to-loud dynamics were excellent."

30mm (1 & 3/16 inches) driver, that's huge for an IEM, an iS10 is all I need.

Sep 18, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #374 of 7,352
30mm (1 & 3/16 inches) driver, that's huge for an IEM, an iS10 is all I need.

almost 2x as big as Sony's 16mm driver iems like xb90ex and ex1000 which have really terrific bass. I was wondering though does an ortho driver have as much excursion as a dynamic driver can? Think I have read that has quite an effect on bass character, but even if it doesn't there is so much surface area moving- it will be interesting to see how they play at the lowest of the low end.

Sep 18, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #375 of 7,352
@Audeze, after coming across a couple reports of treble harshness in the iSines (ie https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/52suep/i_attended_the_audeze_isine_launch_event_last/), I'm wondering if their design addresses the issue of sealed ear canal resonance?

(such as what Sennheiser did with their "dual-chamber absorber" in the IE800)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back