Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Sep 9, 2016 at 8:02 AM Post #317 of 7,352
Never tried VE's IEM, haven't really heard much about it at all either.

Well, they're not IEMs, but they're still 'open' earphones and can run fairly expensive. They're certainly not cheap just because they don't have isolation, and not everyone wants full isolation all the time.

Sep 9, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #318 of 7,352
Ah, when you said in ear, I assumed you were referring to the Duke, which I know nothing about. I went a different route instead of getting the Zen or Asura myself, but I might try the Zen one day. I the more I think about it, the more I think I'll be picking up the iSine. I know for me either on walks or at work, it being open is a good thing. Either that, or I might break down and buy the Sine as an on ear planar just seems interesting.

Sep 9, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #319 of 7,352
What I find hilarious is not just the people who have nothing good to say, but the ones who are down right trying to convince other people it's a stupid design, or that somehow IEM's are not allowed to have an open/semi-open design. It's as if overnight these people are marketing/engineering/design experts!
I however am excited for these! I used to own a pre fazor lcd2 and loved them! But I'm always on the move so portability is a priority for me now, if I can get the house audeze sound in a portable form factor I'm all game. I pefer to not use noise isolation earphones, if you are a person who does then move onto another product and thread.

Sep 9, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #320 of 7,352
What I find hilarious is not just the people who have nothing good to say, but the ones who are down right trying to convince other people it's a stupid design, or that somehow IEM's are not allowed to have an open/semi-open design. It's as if overnight these people are marketing/engineering/design experts!
I however am excited for these! I used to own a pre fazor lcd2 and loved them! But I'm always on the move so portability is a priority for me now, if I can get the house audeze sound in a portable form factor I'm all game. I pefer to not use noise isolation earphones, if you are a person who does then move onto another product and thread.

Sorry for having an MASc in Electrical Engineering and a negative opinion of these.

Putting an amazing bit of transducer tech like this, producing that lovely flat orthogonal waveform,and then immediately jamming it up a tiny tapered nozzle and acting like that isn't just flex sealing up an F-35, throwing it in the river and calling it a stealth boat. . . man that's 'records sound better than CDs' levels aneurysm for an engineer.

I certainly wouldn't criticize the marketing on these (enjoy your lightning cable!) - you are welcome to spend your money on and enjoy whatever you like.

Sep 9, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #323 of 7,352
If they carry Audeze's typical signature, they will be more on the lush, plus, warmer and darker side with a ruler-flat bass extension down to the deepest sub-bass.

I'm really interested to hear how the iSine IEMs sound compared to my LCD-X. :o2smile:

If the iSine can come anywhere close to an LCD2, I will be one very happy listener. I mean yes, there will of course be varying differences due to many factors, but if it can create something similar in such a small size, I will be quite impressed. I also gladly look forward to your impressions when/if they surface!

Sep 9, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #325 of 7,352
Sorry for having an MASc in Electrical Engineering and a negative opinion of these.

Putting an amazing bit of transducer tech like this, producing that lovely flat orthogonal waveform,and then immediately jamming it up a tiny tapered nozzle and acting like that isn't just flex sealing up an F-35, throwing it in the river and calling it a stealth boat. . . man that's 'records sound better than CDs' levels aneurysm for an engineer.

I certainly wouldn't criticize the marketing on these (enjoy your lightning cable!) - you are welcome to spend your money on and enjoy whatever you like.

Man, if only Audeze had engineers working for them, they would have known better... :rolleyes:

Sep 9, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #326 of 7,352
I expect you are quite used to condescension from engineers then :p

Not particularly, although the engineering competitions (NEDC & JETS) as a kid were moderately amusing. Just found the whole bit lackluster. Soft sciences are more interesting.

Sep 9, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #327 of 7,352

As much as I'd love to come up with a clever metaphor that explains the ignorance of criticizing a product before you hear it, I think ill let the statement stand for itself.

Sep 9, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #329 of 7,352
It's not about being "negative" necessarily, but the fact that it's sheer criticism with no constructive purpose. How was your above comment helpful, even to suggest improvement to the design? It came across as complaining and telling audeze- your design sucks, why even try?

you CAN criticize without being condescending, just requires a little tact.

Sep 9, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #330 of 7,352
Yup, it's not as though engineers have to conceptualize a design before it exists and is measurable.

Carry on, no negative opinions welcome.

Criticisms are fine, arrogant "well because I'm an engineer, that means I know best..." crap on an unreleased product is just pointless and leads to arguments, not discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back