Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015
Mar 15, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #3,302 of 6,486
Got my shipping notification from RazorDog yesterday. ETA of Thursday. Can't wait! 

I know everyone says they'll post comparisons, pics and all that stuff and I'll try to do the same.

I'll try to get a first impression over within the first few hours I have with them compared to the XC. So far I don't see anyone doing those two side by side. 

I should have good gear to compare with the Lyr 2 & Uberfrost and Magni 2 Uber & Magni 2 Uber along with my FiiO E18. 

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #3,303 of 6,486
  Got my shipping notification from RazorDog yesterday. ETA of Thursday. Can't wait! 

I know everyone says they'll post comparisons, pics and all that stuff and I'll try to do the same.

I'll try to get a first impression over within the first few hours I have with them compared to the XC. So far I don't see anyone doing those two side by side. 

I should have good gear to compare with the Lyr 2 & Uberfrost and Magni 2 Uber & Magni 2 Uber along with my FiiO E18. 

I ordered my open backs from RazorDog as well but no shipping notice yet... I hope I'll get it tomorrow. I should have been one of the first preorders. Either way, though, it looks like there should be a lot of good reviews pouring in by the end of this week.

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:07 PM Post #3,304 of 6,486

I ordered my open backs from RazorDog as well but no shipping notice yet... I hope I'll get it tomorrow. I should have been one of the first preorders. Either way, though, it looks like there should be a lot of good reviews pouring in by the end of this week.

Well, I didn't exactly get a shipping notification directly from RazorDogAudio. I have my address connected to the "UPS My Choice" app/service and I get emails about anything coming to my address. Basically all I got was a shipping label notification and not an actual shipping notification.. dunno if that makes since or not.

Brian did mention he was expecting an Audeze shipment soon so he may just be printing labels ahead of time. Regardless I don't doubt it'll be here Thursday. 

Mar 16, 2015 at 2:14 AM Post #3,308 of 6,486
Are they clearing out the lighter veneer then selling the darker style one after that ?
Also, will they release a micro-suede/vegan version of the ear-pads for these cans ?

Mar 16, 2015 at 2:17 AM Post #3,309 of 6,486
  Are they clearing out the lighter veneer then selling the darker style one after that ?
Also, will they release a micro-suede/vegan version pad for these cans ?

probably yes because pre-order doesn't let you specify the color & i have a feeling that the dark veneer is more popular, so makes sense to get rid of that stock first.

probably not releasing the micro-suede immediately, but with enough user feedback perhaps.

Mar 16, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #3,310 of 6,486
  probably yes because pre-order doesn't let you specify the color & i have a feeling that the dark veneer is more popular, so makes sense to get rid of that stock first.

probably not releasing the micro-suede immediately, but with enough user feedback perhaps.

Me want.
The darker one does look more $$$$. Overall exterior design is looking top-notch IMO.
Leather ear contact a no-go for me.
All this talk about are they desktop or portable,...well IMO they look designed for desktop/indoor and closed el8 easily transportable for coffee shop/bus/train etc...just not bobbing up and down while OTG on the street is about their limit judging by the weight. Just got to find a matching bash case for them is all....

Mar 16, 2015 at 7:50 AM Post #3,313 of 6,486

Me want.
The darker one does look more $$$$. Overall exterior design is looking top-notch IMO.
Leather ear contact a no-go for me.
All this talk about are they desktop or portable,...well IMO they look designed for desktop/indoor and closed el8 easily transportable for coffee shop/bus/train etc...just not bobbing up and down while OTG on the street is about their limit judging by the weight. Just got to find a matching bash case for them is all....

FYI...the pads are pleather per Audeze.

Mar 16, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #3,314 of 6,486
  But, when I back at EL8, that beautiful lush midrange, that full body yet polite bass, that tonality, that black background, that smooth sparkle treble, I don't think they far behind 3F, in fact, I think it's very close.

Thanks for your input. My woodies are on bright side and I love it sound signature. This EL8 will be my first phone that will be less bright (or dark). Can't wait to listen some classical album from 8s.

Mar 16, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #3,315 of 6,486
About the supplied cable nice surprice by AUdeze 
 I did some tests  to the cable :

first of all  , each connector is made of 8 contacts (eight pins for left and eight pins for right) and not 4 ...
the 4 contactcs of each row are shortened and another 4 pins shortened  gnd,gnd,gnd,gnd --R,R,R,R  the other  connector gnd,gnd,gnd,gnd --L,L,L,L
all the gnds are connected in the 3.5mm (as it had to be)
the total added resistance to each side is less than 1 ohm , those results shows that audeze made  a very good quality cable and will not do any harm to the SQ 
so for those jumping to change the el8 cable do not rush by now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back