Atrio X
Feb 23, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #46 of 51
Hi folks, sorry to revive an old thread but there doesn't seem to be an awful lot of info out there on the Atrio X, so I thought I'd chip in. I own both the Atrio X and the superb new MG5s(with the MG7 driver) and I have to agree with djvcool, I used the X's for a couple of months AND gave them a mechanical burn in but they remained way to muddy to justify the price. They are however, extremely comfortable and are pretty much the cheapest phones that can be used with the brilliant Comply P-Series tips(far superior to the standard Comply Tips IMO). Even so, they do not compare at all well with Sound Magic's E10s which can be had for about the same price (in the UK anyway). The cable also seems a little flimsy. Cheers.

Aug 2, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #47 of 51
OK, since no one seems to have stated this yet: The Atrio X IS The Xtreme Mac FS1. Even the symbol on the earpieces is the same (the little X-shaped man).

I snagged a pair because my Atrio m5 version 2 set that I've used for five or six years is shorting out in the left earpiece. I thought initially that the Atrio X was just a repackaged version of the Atrio version 2, but no, it's the repackaged FS1. The FS1/Atrio X driver is noticeably inferior to the Atrio m5 versions 1 and 2 (haven't heard the MG7, sadly), but they're still good, ESPECIALLY for the price.

I'm mildly disappointed that the Atrio X is the FS1 instead of early Atrio m5, but truth be told, the FS1 at $35 is still a damn good deal. Given that I only use IEMs at the gym nowadays, I can't really justify blowing the $160 on the newer MG7 Atrio. And I did love my EM3 when I had them (the ugly tan version that preceded the FS1, but with the same driver). This should be fine for use at the gym, even if I'll miss the extra sense of depth that the big daddy Atrio models provide over the EM3/FS1/Atrio X (which are forward and a bit 2-dimensional in comparison). So yes, there's justification for the different price points.

Once again, at $35 from Amazon, the Atrio X is a damn good deal. But the $160 MG7 Atrio is sure to be noticeably better to justify the extra cost.

Aug 2, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #48 of 51
Yep, it never dawned on me till I got my pair. Can't complain for $23 plus. But that is why they named them Atrio X, to explain the X on the housing. Of course it's not just an X but the Xtrememac X logo. The FS-1 was an Xtrememac branded product powered by Futuresonics type of deal. They probably made a bit too many back in the day, lol.

I like the little case, and going back doing the UE tips with spacers make them better than I heard them the first time and much cheaper. Mids are quite good actually; better than the CKS77 I had a few months back. They fill the niche for isolating sports talk radio/podcast phone quite nicely while the PMX680 is my open/non-isolating model esp. if I plan on sweating or it might rain a bit.

Feb 23, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #49 of 51
I bought a pair of the Atrio Xs from TigerDirect when they were on sale for $30 a few days ago (and still are) and just got them today. Knowing the Atrio reputation of ridiculously powerful bass, naturally, the first track I listened to was Woofer Cooker.

Holy crap, I had to stop listening after a minute or so, the sub bass was so powerful it was giving me a bit of a headache!
etysmile.gif

As a closet basshead, these are wonderful so far. Well worth the $30.

Feb 24, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #50 of 51
Quote:
I bought a pair of the Atrio Xs from TigerDirect when they were on sale for $30 a few days ago (and still are) and just got them today. Knowing the Atrio reputation of ridiculously powerful bass, naturally, the first track I listened to was Woofer Cooker.

Holy crap, I had to stop listening after a minute or so, the sub bass was so powerful it was giving me a bit of a headache!
etysmile.gif

As a closet basshead, these are wonderful so far. Well worth the $30.

I didn't like mine, so I gave it to my basshead friend, who absolutely loved it, especially with Zo2.3 combo

Feb 24, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #51 of 51
I think you have to be a fan of boosted bass to really enjoy these.

I'm really just shocked at the sub bass presence these have. It's like having two dedicated subwoofers inside your ears.

Now I'm just imagining the possibilities of combining this driver, dedicated purely to low end response with a TWFK in a custom enclosure.
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back